• AggieFinn
    Here we go!
  • Riveraggie
    Wow , we play these guys in second game next season.
  • NCagalum
    Forecast high of 43 and clear skies. Probably better than Cheney.
  • CA Forever
    The Jackrabbits come into this match up with a record of 8-3. They had wins over Colorado State, Lindenwood, Indiana State, Dixie State, Western Illinois, Youngstown State, North Dakota State, and North Dakota. Their losses came against South Dakota on a hail mary, Northern Iowa, and Southern Illinois in OT. They have a fairly balanced offense with nearly 250 passing yards per game and almost 200 rushing yards per game. Their defense is also very stout allowing just 18.3 point per game.

SDSU boasts a strong offense led by QB Chris Oladokun, RB Pierre Strong, and WR Jaxson Janke. Oladokun has completed 184/288 passes on the season for 2450 yards with 20 touchdowns and only 5 interceptions. He's additionally rushed 52 times 207 yards and 2 touchdowns. Strong has 190 rushing attempts for 1364 yards and 15 touchdowns. Janke has 53 receptions on the season for 876 yards and 3 touchdowns.

On defense the Jackrabbits are led by LB Adam Bock. Bock racked up 100 total tackles on the season with 9 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks. He additionally added 1 interception and 2 forced fumbles. CB Malik Lofton has recorded 3 interceptions on the season and recovered 2 fumbles.

Their kicker, Cole Frahm, went 17/23 on the season with a long of 54. They were only forced to punt 30 times over the course of the season and averaged around 43 yards per punt.

They are a strong all around team with no specific weaknesses to attack. They have strong offensive weapons in all positions and will test you through the air or on the ground. Their defense is tenacious and is +8 in the turnover margin. This will be an incredibly difficult game for the Ags in front of a very passionate fan base in weather conditions our guys aren't used to playing in. My initial prediction is the SDSU takes the win in comfortable fashion, but as I've said the last 2 weeks... I hope the boys can prove me wrong.
  • AggieFinn

Ha, well we play them in 6 days too!
  • CA Forever
    I'm guessing Vaughn and Harrell aren't going to be available which makes us very thin in the receiving game. The big question will be Rodrigues or Hastings?
  • BlueGoldAg
    We won't have Vaughn or Harrell. Their injuries look very serious. I'd like to see HR get a chance again too.
  • BlueGoldAg
    SDSU is a very good football team and the Dana J Dykhouse Stadium, 19,350 capacity, is a very tough place to play.

t6bwuxg1z9t4ijyi.png
  • DrMike
    A 9:00 AM PST kickoff? That’s early
  • AggieFinn

I think it's Noon PST, so a 2 pm local South Dakota kickoff. Did I read that wrong?
  • DrMike
    no, you got it right. I thought I heard noon EST
  • Jackedforlife
    Jackrabbit fan here, looking forward to the matchup this next Saturday. Anyone coming to Brookings I’d be happy to share any information you’d like about the community.
  • CA Forever
    Looking forward to (hopefully) a good game. I've caught a couple of your games this season and all I have to say is... We're in trouble lol
  • Jackedforlife
    My bias will show but I think the Jacks are very good. Sometimes they get in their own way. Hail Mary and an Overtime missed 2pt conversion away from 10-1…the UNI loss wasn’t a bad loss, 9pts but they were just off all game. If they play like they did against CO St and NDSU it could be a long day for the Aggies…if they come out off anything is possible.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Welcome to the our forum. We'll be big underdogs in this game and I just hope we can be competitive and don't get completely blown out. We're pretty beat up on the OL and have lost our two, top WR's. We have not found solid consistency among the 3 QB's we've used this season either and our pass rush has been practically non-existent against the better teams we've played. We've been struggling of late and are just glad to be in the playoffs. I hope we can give you a good game but the odds are steep against us.
  • CA Forever
    I don't think it's bias in this situation. I'm sure y'all are doing research into the Aggies, but what you'll find is a team that is... Just okay and skated by with a FBS win followed by an easy schedule. We fell apart against our toughest opponents not to mention we gave ISU their only win on the season. I would be shocked if the Jacks don't take this one.
  • Jackedforlife
    Isaiah Jackson(Aggie LB coach) played for the Jacks back in the late 2000s. He will remember the cruddy stadium we used to have. Now everything is relatively new and shiny.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Tale of the tape and stat rankings (click the image to enlarge):

7ud3aa5o96aamn7j.png
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Sagarin and Massey ratings both have SDSU at #2 overall. This is a very tough draw for the Ags. The Jackrabbits could easily run through us and Sac.
  • Jackedforlife
    www.sdsufans.com is our fan site

We also have a very good fan run blog with podcasts as well as Jackrabbit illustrated. Search that online, Twitter (@Jackillustrated) and Facebook. They will likely have some great content as well as some stuff Facebook live and podcasts.

Also great content by Matt Zimmer @argusmattz on Twitter from the Sioux Falls Argus Leader
  • DavisAggie
    I'm guessing we'll be 9-10 pt dogs
  • Riveraggie
    More than that I think. We should be two touchdown underdog on a neutral field. Fortunately weather looks to be not miserable.
  • cmt
    If that spread is only 9-10, I'll be betting South Dakota St. I bet it's at least 2 TDs.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Unfortunately, I think you're right.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!