• 69aggie
    ROYA I mostly agree with you, but the point of my post was to compare the issues that we have with our program with those at cal; i.e. The need for lights at dobbins or covered batting cages vrs. How to deal with what is one of the largest deficits in college athletics at cal. In other words we are blessed with the smallness of our problems. Lastly I don't think there is any "hatred" towards cal (my proud cal grad wife would not approve!) just a mixture of envy and competitive spirit. Everyone is aware that cal lifts the entire UC system.
  • RollOnYouAgs

Hey 69....it wasn't directed at any one person (except those using a K) as midpelled university names should be reserved for Suc St and Stanfraud. I think criticizing Cal is no different than anyone who buys a home with mortgage. Cal has some of the wealthiest donors in the country, but not the kind like Oregon has in Uncle Phil (nor do I have that uncle darned it). Based on earnings and revenue however, Cal can afford it. The debt number is high, but not without merit for their program. Now if we did that at Davis...ouch...even if only a minuscule fraction of the total.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!