• Riveraggie

From the UC Davis Football Facebook page:

"Football fans, ROOT Sports is experiencing technical issues pushing its stream to Pluto TV. Thank you for your patience; you can listen to this game on Sports 1140 KHTK, or online through TuneIn Radio at the station's page."
    The above explanation doesn’t make sense. If it was a game time issue with the feed, it wouldn’t cause the channel to not be listed on Pluto. I hope it gets added to big sky conference replay list but expect it won’t.
  • movielover
    Can you expound more? Was Plough's resume at NAU also aided by star players?

The 60 yards rushing is shockingly low, I believe we have seen wonderful skills displayed by both Gilliam and Thomas, easily 2 thousand yard rushers.

Last year I recall only one game where we seemed to have the wrong offensive game plan, abandoning our prolific passing offense in the first half in favor of a run heavy plan. By the time we switched gears, it was too late.

Plenty of cooks in the kitchen. Hawkins, Speckman (running backs), Keane (O Line), Paul Wulff (O line volunteer), Sam Young (offensive consultant).

We also put little pressure on Montana's QB with our 5 Senior D lineman. Our 6 sacks against Lehigh disguise the lack of success. Stud Brandon Jamison seems to have receded, he looked like a potential sack threat.
  • AggieFinn
    I think the lack of QB pressure is clear...we are not creating any momentum on defense, and certainly, our offense is not clicking at all right now. When you play good teams, well prepared teams, you better have some creativity and wrinkles added to the game. Our base offense has been out there now for 2 years.
  • lucche
    aI also noticed tackling efforts were poor several times during the game.
  • MTBAggie
    Down to 12 in the NCAA coaches poll.

Edit: 12 in the Stats FCS poll as well.
  • Gunrock47
    I think part of the O's problem lately is the inexperience of the O-Line. There's a freshman and a few returners w/ very little experience starting this season. Saw Jake get absolutely smacked on one play in the beginning of the fourth quarter on Sat. Guys were tired and flustered.
  • movielover
    I thought we had enough depth to prevent that, esp given all the 1st half short drives.
  • Riveraggie
    Everyone that starts on the Oline except Jordan Ford were starters all of 2018 except Will Martin who was the returning starter at center but injured in first game 2018. Jordan Ford started at Guard for first time against NDSU, in what had been Will Martins spot at guard. Conner Pettek was injured that game so Will went in at his familiar center spot. So we have one new player who is a redshirt freshman, a highly regarded recruit in 2018 starting but not because of injury but by virtue of having earned the start when everyone was healthy.
    Last year we had a lot of shuffling of the line to get new, presumably better players starting. If we’re ineffective it may be a development issue.
    PS I do notice that our o-line while fairly heavy doesn’t have the real tall and big guys that Montana has. Montana has a new guard from a jc who weighs 350lb and was the eighth ranked JC offensive line recruit nationally. We may not be able to get some players. I notice Weber accepts 100% of their applicants so they can enroll anyone.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Dropped to #14 in the AGS Poll:

Rank Team: Total Points First Place Votes

1 North Dakota State Bison 2210 80
    2 James Madison Dukes 2119 6
    3 South Dakota State Jackrabbits 2049 3
    4 Weber State Wildcats 1860
    5 Villanova Wildcats 1839
    6 Montana State Bobcats 1658
    7 Montana Grizzlies 1591
    8 Furman Paladins 1445
    9 Central Arkansas Bears 1305
    10 Towson Tigers 1292
    11 Illinois State Redbirds 1283
    12 Northern Iowa Panthers 1261
    13 Kennesaw State Owls 1240
    14 UC Davis Aggies 1142
    15 Youngstown State Penguins 972
    16 Southeastern Louisiana Lions 960
    17 Nicholls State Colonels 779
    18 North Carolina A&T Aggies 706
    19 Maine Black Bears 492
    20 Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens 453
    21 Stony Brook Seawolves 439
    22 Princeton Tigers 349
    23 Eastern Washington Eagles 205
    24 Austin Peay Governors 184
    25 Elon Phoenix 132
  • Riveraggie
    Surprising that we are ahead of Eastern Washington
  • aggiebrother
    Plough play calling is so bad. Play action / pass on first down, run up the middle second down, screen pass / dump off on third. punt. repeat. no down the field threats. you gotta throw them, even if incomplete. eventually we get 7-8 in the box, can’t run and Jake has no time for plays to develop. terrible terrible play calling.

defensively, no QB pressure. we have great DBs and LBs do their job. No defense in the country can play defense consistently while the opposing QB has 5+ seconds to pass and the DLine gets pushed back 3 yards on every play.

I really don’t see how things change. Coaches have to make changes, not even with personnel. the players are doing fine. it’s simply the coaching and the schemes. for example, Montana QB recognized man-to-man defense by motioning receivers, once he knew it was man, he checked to a pass and threaded the needle. we never adjusted to zone defense. it’s really simple X and Os.
  • Riveraggie
    For the second time this season our home game is not available to watch as a replay on the big sky site. It seems all the other home games of Big Sky teams are. Something to do with facilities?
  • Zander
    Edit: I see you addressed the root sports issue earlier

my understanding was that Root Sports holding the rights is the problem this tone as they can't/won't interface with Pluto. Doubtful it has anything to do with the steam issues from the Lehigh game
  • Riveraggie
    This is far from the first root sports broadcast and if they cant interface with Pluto one would think that would be a known fact.
  • MTBAggie
    The only remaining games for Davis listed on the Big Sky TV site are UND and Portland State. Looking at the UC Davis Football website, the links in the schedule all show Pluto TV broadcasting the games. Is there anyway to figure out if we'll be able to watch more than two remaining games this season?

Edit: Response from Big Sky is that the games not being listed just means that Davis hasn't set the games up yet, and that most teams wait until the week of the game.
  • AggieFinn
    "Highlights"

In typical UC fashion, only about 6 days late.

• movielover
    And it was a home game.
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!