• CA Forever
    According to the Merced High School Twitter account, ATH Ulonzo Gilliam Jr. will be signing with UC Davis! GO AGS!

• CA Forever
    That is what I'm currently counting. Don't know how many of these are preferred walk on or partial scholarship guys.

Also Bennett Williams has committed to the University of Illinois. Again, I'm not surprised about this. There have been news articles with him being quoted as wanting to play in a power 5 conference. He had offers from good teams in lesser conferences and lower divisions. Illinois was the only power 5 conference offer he got though. Would rather play for a bad team in a good conference than a good team in a lesser one I guess.
  • CA Forever
    DT Caleb Davis has committed to Eastern Washington.
  • CA Forever
    LB Nate Shepherd has committed to UC Davis!!! GO AGS!!!

• blueforce
    Damn with this many freshmen, the scout team is gonna have it easy!
  • CA Forever
    It's pretty dang impressive that we've put together a class of at least 30 athletes (transfers, true freshman, walk-ons, ect.) with a brand new coaching staff. Coach Creighton has done an outstanding job, kuddos to him!
  • CA Forever
    When it rains it pours in Davis! LB Truman Andrus has committed to UCD! GO AGS!

• Thetoe
    Is this commit #30? If so, and if all are scholarships, this is close to half of all scholarship of a FCS school. Amazing.

• CA Forever
    #31 I believe... crazy stuff.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    We better have a couple of extra fax machines standing by.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We can't possibly be offering full rides to 31 kids. There must be quite a few partial scholarships and preferred walk-ons I would think. How else could we sign this many?
  • movielover
    Is there a roster limit?
  • CA Forever
    Absolutely some of these have to be partial and walk-ons. Which ones are which? I'm not sure.
  • CA Forever
    HOLY COW! We just landed another one!!! All-State Linebacker and former Navy commit, Logan Hungrige, has committed to Davis! He was also an All-Area MVP 2 years running.

• movielover

32 commits ... Is this an NCAA record?

Six freshmen linebackers? ... (Andrus can also play Safety).
  • CA Forever
    No not even close. The military schools get a ridiculous amount of players, they have full on scout teams that never see play time. According to rivals, Army has 85 commitments right now, Navy has 65, Air Force has 43.
  • movielover
    FCS record? ... We still have time.
  • CA Forever
    I'm not sure about that one. I mean new programs have to fill out their rosters so they might have some huge classes.

Hungrige, at his size, could probably play DE at the FCS level. LB just happens to be his primary position.
  • movielover
    My count.

13 - offense
    13 - defense
    4 - "athlete"
    2 - special teams
  • CA Forever
    In terms of the athletes, I think Crumpton will be listed as a WR, Gilliam Jr. as a RB, Devon King as a DB, and I'm really not sure about Perryman (his stats seem well distributed over WR, RB, and DB). All of these guys could really go either way though.
  • zythe
    Thus far, how would you all grade this class?

Would it be: A, B, C, D

Please use (+/-) signs
  • CA Forever
    I don't think that is something that I can really answer on a grade scale. It's a really tough thing to judge what players will translate to the next level. That's why you see scouts in the NFL being fired all the time, because it is a very tough job and even with all of their analytics they get things wrong. I will say, however, that we have added some very very athletic players on both sides of the ball. I think the influx of JC guys will also really help us out while we develop this massive class.
  • aggie6thman
    32...half our schollies...there have to be a few PWOs on that list.
  • zythe

Understood.

If feels good to have life back in Football!!
  • movielover
    Tough to say. If half the JC guys have an impact, that helps right away. Do we chalk up Crawford, Morgan, Logan, etc. to Hawkins?
  • CA Forever
    Absolutely. There is no way we are giving away at least 32 full scholarships to just this class... no way. Some might be partials and others might have PWO status like you said. Regardless, this is something that I haven't seen before in our program. Hawkins is growing excitement for our team.

(Y) Yeah I wish I could answer your question... and I would obviously want to give it an A, but I don't think I honestly can grade it. It takes a lot of experience and more tape than is available for me to see to be able to make an accurate call on it.
  • movielover
    I hope we didn't't let our emotions overwhelm our thought processes ... This is a short amount of time to hire coaches, get them on board, evaluate who is available, who we have, what we need, who we face... All without the ability to get our hands on our current players to see if we are using or coaching them correctly.
  • aggie6thman
    Jalani Eason will sign tomorrow at 1:40. Only question left is with whom.
  • aggie6thman
    Eric Flowers has committed to UCD...the list grows...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!