• NCagalum
    Now that I am retired I have time to do some stuff like this...The URL below should link to a GitHub repository from which you can download files. The repository is "open" so you should have access. Besides "Big.sky.stats.2013.32017.pdf I also added files of scanned UCD vs. UOP programs from the last 3 meetings of the schools (all Aggie victories). You'll note Dan Hawkins on the roster in 1982.

repository

Enjoy. I can post raw csv files if anyone is interested. I got these from a ncaa web site and had to massage the html files....
  • NCagalum
    OK. That was a big fail. Forgot that "open" is only open within the institution, and there is a login. I'll figure out another way to share these files.
  • NCagalum
    See the attached for big sky team stats for 2013-2017. Hopefully this works.
    Attachment
    Big.sky.stats.2013.2017 (317K)
  • NCagalum
    Scans of selected pages of UCD vs. UOP games. File sizes are ~19-25 Mbytes.
    Attachments
    ucd.uop.1982.smaller (26M)
    ucd.uop.1978.smaller (25M)
    ucd.uop.1986 (19M)
  • smarterray
    Great work! It's easier to interpret the state of the teams when the numbers have a graphic representation... somebody, send this to Cal Poly so they can make some changes!

Check out the Block CA with the mustang head--obviously the inspiration for the modern athletic logo.
  • quadshock
    Congrats on retirement! Would be cool to have this as an archive on the athletics site somewhere if not already
  • BlueGoldAg
    It was a great challenge every time we went to Stockton and it was awesome when we would upset the Tigers! I wish Pacific still had football. It would have made for a great rivalry in the D1 era. The old photos of the Aggie players are priceless also...
  • NCagalum

Yah, I saw the 78 game as I was in the band-uh. Morowski lit them up with over 300 yards passing. I too miss UOP and their neat little earthen bowl stadium (capacity about 30,000). Our high school went there for band day and I remember seeing Dan Pastorini and Santa Clara beating UOP circa 1972. I also recall a shoot out with San Jose State when Steve Deberg was qbing SJSU. To bad most of the PCAA schools have bit the dust.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I was at the '78 game as well. Great game!
  • NCagalum
    Speaking of PCAA I plan on watching Utah State vs BYU tonight. I saw the 1982 game in Logan when I was a grad student at Utah State and the Aggies beat BYU and Steve Young in the snow. The campus went wild. A fellow teammate on the UCD baseball team coached baseball as a club sport there at USU. I guess the older one gets the more one reminisces. But I am looking forward towards an Aggie victory tomorrow at UNC.
  • NCagalum
    Daily Democrat coverage of UCD-Lehigh game in 1977. Note Ara Parseghian and Bill Fleming photo at end. Back then most of the country was watching this game as there were no other playoffs/games that time of year. Phil Swimley (head baseball coach and a position coach in football) commented during a baseball trip that Lehigh commanded the line of scrimmage and that is what ultimately determined the outcome.
    Attachment
    UCD.Lehigh (12M)
  • movielover
    1977 Players sitting on their helmets!
  • NCagalum
    I noticed that too!! I was of the impression that helmets were not to touch the ground under Sochor. Maybe it was a metaphor for the loss.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!