• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies will try to keep their 6-0 unbeaten home record unblemished when the Titans come to the Pavilion on Wednesday night at 7 pm. The Ags are currently sitting on top of the Big West by one game over Irvine and Fullerton is in a 5 way tie for third with a 4-4 record. The Titans are a very young squad with 7 freshmen on the roster and are coached by former Aggie player, Dedrique Taylor. They also feature one best players in the Big West, Sr guard Tre' Coggins, who is averaging 17.4 ppg and is shooting 43% from the field.

The Ags have won 8 of their last 10 but have shown signs of losing some steam lately without the defensive intensity that they need to continue winning. That trend could be problematic for the Aggies if it continues against the Titans who are averaging 76 ppg this season. The Ags wil need to come out aggressive and dictate the pace of the game and not let the Titans run off to a big early lead as has been the case too often for the Aggies lately.

This should be a very competitive ball game. Come on out to the Pavilion and help give this team a boost.

Go Ags!
  • quadshock
    Let's hope the team can get off to a good first quarter of the game. Basically all the bad games (and some good oens) started off slow if I recall correctly
  • CA Forever
    Aggies up 33-31 at halftime with Brynton Lemar leading the way with 18 points.
  • CA Forever
    Aggies get the win 74-65! Lemar finishes the night with 29 points, Schneider with 17.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags got off to another slow start offensively and a bunch of TO's but kept it together enough to lead by 2 at the half and then played much better overall in the second half to win it. Bryton Lemar had a great game and was the rock for us in the first half. Siler Schneider came off the bench to give us a good lift when we needed it and Chima Moneke finally got untracked in the second half. Michael Onybalu got some good minutes when the fouls started piling up and he played really well on both ends of the floor.

JT looked pretty good while he was in but fouls continue to limit his PT. I'm not sure what's going on with Mikey Henn. He hasn't been getting much PT lately and seemed out of sync when he did get in the game tonight.

The Aggies held the high scoring Titans to 39% shooting and 11 points under their season average of 76 ppg. Chima had two powerful blocks that sent the ball into the stands in the second half much to the delight of the Aggie fans.

The official attendance was 1507 which is less than half the size we had against Irvine. Hopefully, we'll get a great crowd for the double header on Saturday.
  • Zander
    Good to hear Onyebalu is getting minutes; he'll be the only senior guard on the roster (and last remaining player who had minutes during the breakthrough season) next year. Unless Les has a redshirt or a new recruit in the wings I'd think he'd be first off the bench since Schneider, Hennings, and Printup are the only other three we've seen get reps.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    It definitely looks like Les is shortening his rotation.He only used 7 players in the first half, starters plus Siler and Goode, Mooney was in a walking boot. Don't know when the injury occurred, but we probably won't see him any more this year. I am surprised with Hen's lack of time. I'm wondering if the long college season is wearing on him a bit.
  • DrMike
    seems like TO's are the big culprit in our 1st half woes. i believe we had something like 13 in the 1st half, and 16 for the game. when we handle the ball, we play so much better. they had 22 TO's, which helps get our offense going. rebounding was/is a concern. they had 17 offensive boards and a 39-26 advantage overall. didn't kill us last night because we shot well, and had a BIG free-throw advantage (shades of Irvine). good win. 1500 isn't a great crowd, but hopefully saturday we have a much bigger lively crowd (early starts seem to draw a good turnout).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!