• agalum

7-7, weather delay
  • NCagalum
    Well I think SDSU would have one if their starting QB didn’t go down in me first series. In fact I would say 99% sure they would have won. He is a difference maker and their 2nd string QB was totally confused and off.
  • agalum
    23-21 SH, final
  • cmt
    That was a fun ending.
  • AggieFinn
    Sam Houston State victorious in the Lone Star State.

• cmt
    Wasn't rooting either way, and both teams qualify for this distinction, but it's always good (as an independent viewer) seeing a team finally get over the hump. Sam Houston had become known for not just losing in the playoffs, but getting blasted when they lost.

39-13 in 2012 to NDST
    35-3 in 2014 to NDST
    62-10 in 2015 to Jacksonville State
    65-7 in 2016 to James Madison
    55-13 in 2017 to NDST

Three of those were semifinals and a fourth was the title game so this wasn't some crap team that snuck in, won a game and faced the 1 seed.

Related note, over the past decade, Sam Houston has made the playoffs 8 times. Of the 7 times they didn't win the title, four of those they lost to NDST. SDST has made the playoffs the last 9 seasons. Four of those times they were eliminated by NDST. It makes sense considering NDST has won 8 of the last 10 so if you make the playoffs every year, you're going to lose to NDST a few time. Still crazy to see though.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!