• Riveraggie

Minor correction, the move was to California during the depression, and Merle was born here. His Dad died and Merle had a very tough life in early years, ending up in San Quentin He’s a Californian through and through.
    The mystery about Merle to me is who was the best friend he lost in the Kern River. I’m guessing his dog, because no one ever says. Kern River is a great song.
  • agalum
    Odds makers are not giving us much of a chance on this one.
    MGM UCD +29
    Tulsa -29

95 at around gametime
  • movielover
    First time starting QB who performed some heroics last year. Veteran club, ton of graduate players.
  • Riveraggie
    No Carson Crawford on the game notes roster.
    He was arguably our best receiver, although it would be an argument.
    Crawford and Babb were our most productive wideouts this spring.
    We have one position on the depth chart WR(Z) where none of the three players has caught a pass against anyone but Cal Poly which almost doesn’t count.
  • movielover
    Reportedly one of our deeper positions. Humm... crazy to think about ocassionally sticking a TE out there?

Any publuc places hosting an Aggie viewing party? Sudwerks, Woodstocks?
  • Riveraggie
    Two games this spring started with two tight ends, the second tight end in place of Crawford.
    WR was a deep position, with the two wide receivers Gould brought in still here for final season. Now except for Kraft, and CJ Hutton everyone else unproven. Rodrigues really had a connection with Crawford
  • Riveraggie
    Devon King is also not on the game notes roster. Devon was a 2019 first team all conference player who missed the last two games of this spring due to an injury.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    https://fb.watch/7Kj4Gh8zbv/

Some statements from Coach Hawkins. Most notably is the Hunter is the starting QB.
  • DrMike
    both king and Crawford are listed in the ‘quick liners’ but not on roster. Odd
  • Riveraggie
    MATTEO PEREZ Is the only true freshman on the game roster. That’s an honor for him.
  • Riveraggie
    what does he say? I’m not going to enroll in Facebook
  • Oldbanduhalum
    He basically said that we have 6 QBs that he likes, but that Hunter will start. Compliments him on his work in the spring and that he did a lot of good things during the summer camp. Fairly standard coach speak. I've heard that Hastings will back up, with Tompkins getting some time on the field when they want to run more (wouldn't surprise me to see him used at a lot of different positions to try and confuse/trick the defense).
  • Riveraggie
    Same as the spring. Interesting that Tompkins hasn’t managed to move up to number 2. Tompkins will get in games though.
  • Riveraggie
    I think they are on team, just not traveling. Maybe not 100% recovered from whatever their injury was.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Yes he will. He's too good an athlete to not have him in the game.
  • DrMike
    they’ve been out there; heard Crawford missed the scrimmage (but was working out on the side) last Wednesday probably not traveling
  • Riveraggie
    Thanks. Good to know.
  • NCagalum
    that’s good to hear. Crawford is probably the Ags best receiver.
  • NCagalum
    have always liked king. Great in coverage and lb. for lb. best tackler on the squad probably. Hope he is ok.
  • CA Forever
    I hope Hunter has worked on fumbling issues and knowing when to just throw the friggin ball away. Too many times last season where he tried to force play extension and instead took sacks of 15-20 yards. You rarely salvage a drive with those kinds of errors.
  • agalum
    Looking over the Tulsa rivals board. Sounds like most of them are expecting their O line to control the action and run run run.
    As a reminder, we were supposed to play USC this week. We collect $750,000 from SC, and $450,000 from Tulsa. That has to be a record for one week revenues.
  • NCagalum
    don’t need to be on Facebook - just click on link and watch video - no login or firewall.
  • NCagalum
    Watched a replay of the bowl game was in against Mississippi State. One thing that I noticed was a lot of cheap shots Tulsa gave during the game. The sort of sneaky step on you, knee you sort of crap. MSU players were not too happy with it but Tulsa was not flagged although a ref had a talk with a Tulsa defender who grabbed a players towel and threw it. I suspect some of it was frustration losing to a 3-6 MSU team. Hopefully a clean game wotj little or no injuries.
  • Riveraggie
    Tried that multiple times, always got the login required screen. Using an IPAD.
    I’ve noticed that Twitter, which I’ve also never joined, won’t let me follow links in the program without signing in . That is new behavior. Maybe it’s Apple related.
  • BlueGoldAg
    If they like to get under the skin of their opponents, I hope we don't take the bait. The player that retaliates usually gets the flag.
  • Riveraggie
    They have a huge offensive line, a coach whose teams puts up lots of rush yardage, their star back returns from missing last season due to injury, and lots of depth at running back from the guys who played last year. And a new quarterback. They would run regardless of who they’re playing. There is no reason to think that won’t work against us.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Looks like we are wearing the all white uniform this week, for those of us who care about such things. Maybe will help a tiny bit in what looks like will be brutal heat/humidity in Tulsa.
  • movielover
    Any public viewing party's in Davis?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Not that I've heard. Perhaps at Woodstocks, but the number of places that could actually hold a decent number of people has dwindled the last few years.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!