• BaseballAtDobbins
    Did he play for the Ags?
  • CA Forever
    Aaaaand we let them convert on 3rd and 26
  • CA Forever
    Venable with the pick
  • NCagalum
    yes. I think he was quarterback in the d2 national championship game against sw Texas state when Ken o brien went down with an injury in the playoff win against North Dakota state.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    How many picks have they had in total tonight? Lots of key ints.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Four: two by White and two by Venable.
  • NCagalum
    seems like feast or famine in secondary.
  • NCagalum
    I think I’d get Rodriguez and Gilliam out to avoid injury at this point. I guess want to reward Gilliam.
  • NCagalum
    Rodrigues is a very nifty runner. Not like Tompkins but very serviceable.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Yes pull the starters now. Give the backups a chance to play a series. Game over.

Always a good day when Sac loses (though I was hoping for a bit more of a stomping) and the Ags win.
  • NCagalum
    could be 65-60 if so. I.e. playing EWU.
  • CA Forever
    There's been 3 or 4 dropped picks too
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Ref: "That's the end of the game!"
    Broadcast: Thank you.
    lol.

Time for bed.
  • CA Forever
    Aggies win 60-27. Hard to argue with dropping 60, but the vanishing act of the passing game was strange. Great game from a running stand point that struggled in the first 2. The defense was an enigma. 5 interceptions and enough dropped ones to almost push double digits, but so many bad plays in coverage, bad tackling, and too many penalties. Gotta clean it up.
  • BlueGoldAg
    60 points is a big number offensively but our pass defense is suspect and we could get torched by the big guns in the Big Sky. I don't think we are a Top 10 team yet.
  • Toke69
    I can't recall watching a game that was--for lack of a better word--clumsily officiated. But it was great to see all those students there and the Aggie offense score so readily: 113 points in two games. I agree that the defense needs to play a lot better to have a prayer of beating Weber State.
  • 69aggie
    No excuses here but going against a 0-2 very weak team versus next week against a very strong Weber State I can very easily see an Aggie team looking ahead and over looking Dixie. A very messy win but I will take it.
  • DrMike
    Berry was doing TV color with Marsh on play by play? Greg Wong and Doug Kelly in radio?

Great energy in stadium for first half, then we lost momentum. Pass defense was not great. Not much pressure and really open receivers. Running game was outstanding, passing game looked like spring. Don’t recall hearing our TE’s name called at all. Receivers never got much separation, and they were able to pressure HR. With the returns and INT’s, we should have put it away much earlier. Maybe got overexcited with early success, Dixie wasn’t bad.

GREAT atmosphere for the first half. My son and family were with us and they were pleasantly shocked, and they’ve been coming to a game got the past 4-5 years.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It looked like the crowd thinned out at halftime. Did the students start leaving early?

Official attendance: 9865, so not capacity of 10,800.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags rushed for 380 yards which is 16 shy of the all-time record of 396 against Southern Oregon in 1952. Pretty damn good!
  • movielover
    A good amount stayed past halftime, well into the 3rd quarter. A win is great, and Dixie possibly exposed areas that need attention. (Or were players fan focused?)

My sources told me before tipoff the goal was to get Gilliam 200 yards rushing. Not sure lopsided play calling beneficial.

Why return Hunter Rodriguez into the game late in the 4th quarter, and have him running??? Were we pissed that Dixie was chewing up our secondary w deep throws?

I didn't see progress in our backup QBs. TT ran keepers, and Miles Hastings had limited opportunity.

Hastings - 0 for 1
    Tompkins - no pass attempts

TT 6 rushes for 63 yards.
  • movielover
    Dixie State. No 0 for DS, Jalen Powell, was impressive. 13 catches, 107 yards. Redshirt Frosh Tyrell Grayson has a monster game at DB with 15 solo tackles, 19 total.

Perryman had 6 tackles Mouisset 5. Venable and White had 2 interceptions each, and Algery McGuire had a strong game w 4 tackles, a pick and half a sack.

Aggies 3 of 11 on 3rd and 4th down.

Great atmosphere. Nice new railings w shelf on end zone burms at walkway. Unsure about the new end zone special seating (chancellor, boosters?). Given at least one concession stand down, 2 more food trucks would help.
  • agalum
    Dixie was a different team with the new QB. We had a tough time getting to him without blitzes. Hard to complain about 60 points, but we looked flat on both sides. HR had pressure, but several of his tosses were off the mark. I do think Dixie had some good DBs.
  • Riveraggie
    Some posters don’t seem enthralled with our lack of balance in individual games, although we have shown we can be either run heavy or pass heavy against different opponents.
    I personally think the Tulsa game was brilliantly managed, and the last two just seeing a mismatch and sticking to it, which is also smart. What’s the opinion here on our game plans so far?
  • DrMike
    For others who were in attendance, did the band sound off to you? Like everything was a bit slow. I noticed Aggie Fight in the pregame tent had a cadence that was slower than I recall. Pregame and halftime also seemed slow. Or was it just my ears?

Also, I’m pretty sure there was no Bossy Cow Cow. Maybe the Vegan Student Union protested it was too triggering!

Game took 3:34! Not many fans left them besides friends and family. There WAS a bus picking up a group from the University Retirement Community as we drove out!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Good points, Riveraggie. We took advantage of what we thought would work. It's our pass defense that has me concerned against the pass heavy Big Sky teams who can score quick and often.
  • CA Forever
    Mentioned that the band was off to my brother. Group looked small, songs were very slow, poor marching during the half time show, and using sheet music on the field. Cardinal sins for the Cal Aggie Marching Band-uh! but apparently not for the UC Davis Marching Band est. 2019 (according to the bass drum heads that is).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!