• CA Forever
    For those who haven't watched some of Maier highlights, here's his hudl page. It looks like the guy can ball. Looks like he has a strong arm and while I wouldn't really call him a dual-threat, he can move in the pocket and pull it down and run if need be.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/2700523/jacob-maier
  • agalum
    For those who haven't watched some of Maier highlights, here's his hudl page. It looks like the guy can ball. Looks like he has a strong arm and while I wouldn't really call him a dual-threat, he can move in the pocket and pull it down and run if need be.CA Forever

He looks good, but it also looks like he had some real athletic receivers with size. Sign them up also :).
  • OldAggie
    I've seen Brock Johnson play. He has a strange delivery that he uses to make up for a slightly below average arm. The kid is a winner, has an amazing attitude, and is a true student of the game. it will be a full year before Brock Johnson is in the mix, but he could add some depth that we really haven't had in awhile.
  • movielover
    You think he can play? It looks like only the Ivies were after him... impressive win streak in HS, not sure how much of that is the system.

I hope we have some potential solid recruits at RB, or a diamond on hand.
  • OldAggie
    No idea. The speed at this level is totally different. Smarts can overcome arm-strength to some extent, but it depends on what offense we are running and what we are asking the QBs to do. If we are throwing wide-side comeback routes...probably not (as with most QBs at our level), but a West-Coast offense, I think he can compete for sure. He's a walk-on who has to sit out for a year. He will have his chance to prove himself during scout team, so we'll see. He's an amazing kid off the field, and I'm cheering for him.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!