• Toke69
    Reveal
    The Lions return all of their leading scorers but they finished last season 11-18 and 3-12 in the West Coast Conference. The Ags will have a shot at winning this game if they play as well as they did against Cal. I've always maintained that the upper level of the Big West is at a fairly equal footing with the bottom half of the WCC. Interestingly, prior to their loss to UCR, Sagarin had UC Davis at a rating of 71.92, ahead of LMU's 71.91. There was not much data of course, as Loyola Marymount had only played Life Pacific, which is not even as high as NAIA . The loss to UCR is hard to fathom as Loyola has a veteran team and blew a 52-34 lead to the Highlanders, who were playing a second consecutive road game after losing badly to Colorado in Boulder. I suspect the Lions will be roaring mad when the Aggies get there, but if UCR can beat them, I like our chances. Maybe someone can check to see how to watch the game, but my guess is that it will be on ESPN+.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I hope Pepper and Adebayo are back in action for the LMU game. We'll need both of them.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Football and MBB doubleheader. Looks like my couch will be getting a workout on Saturday
  • BlueGoldAg
    As will mine!

I think the Cal Maritime game was hard for the players to get mentally up for after the win over Cal. I didn't think we looked particularly sharp in our execution. We'll certainly need more focus in order to win at LMU though.
  • BlueGoldAg
    UC Riverside beat LMU tonight 81-79. Zyon Pullin hit a step back jumper with 1.6 seconds left to win it for UCR. The Highlanders trailed 52-34 at the half but roared back and outscored LMU 47-27 in the second half to get the win. Great win for Riverside.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I watched a good portion of the first half of LMU's loss to Riverside. LMU is athletic and has some good shooters and they will get out and run when they get a chance. I'm sure they are not happy with losing at home on a last second shot to Riverside after blowing a huge lead so they'll be very motivated to turn things around against the Aggies.

The Aggies win over Cal was impressive but the win over Cal Maritime left a lot to be desired. Coach Les was not happy with his team and I agree with him. We looked like a team who thought they could run away with the game just by showing up. There was a distinct lack of focus and intensity by the Ags for most of the game. The intensity and cohesive play that got us the win at Cal was missing against the Keelhaulers and, if we play like that against LMU, it won't go well.

I'm sure Coach Les has gotten his players gotten his players attention in the past couple of days and I'm hoping that we'll see the Ags playing with the kind of effort that we saw at Cal. This is a winnable game for the Aggies but only if we take the floor mentally prepared and play hard and focused on both ends of the court.
  • Toke69
    I just sped watched the game between Cal and Kansas State. KSU finished last in the Big-12 last year, so this figured to be a winnable game for theBears who should have been up for it after losing to the Aggies. Instead, they showed the same lack of shooting and rebounding prowess in the first half and were down 36-21 at the half. K-State stretched the lead to 20 before Cal found some mojo midway through the second half as they did against UCD and cut a 42-22 lead to 46-46 before the Wildcats stepped up their defense and closed it out 63-54. Cal did play much better in this game overall and Kansas State is supposed to be much improved over last year with a Sagarin rating in the 80s. Still, Cal could have won and any wins by the Golden Bears make us look good.
  • agalum
    The title of this thread threw me. Saturday is the 12th. I couldn’t figure out why i couldn’t find the broadcast, lol.
  • Lizaggie
    In my book, if you win, you win, go Aggies so far 2 wins, 0 in loss column
  • BlueGoldAg
    Two more nice wins for the Big West:

Irvine 69 #21 Oregon 56
    UCSB 61 Fresno State 54
  • Oldbanduhalum
    It’s been a good start for the BW. It’d be nice if the Ags could add to the road win total
  • Toke69
    My apologies to you agalum and to all. Ever since I retired, I've lsot track of what day of the week it is. Is it Saturday yet?
  • Toke69
    I can't find the UCD-LMU game on ESPN+ and it is not indicated on the ESPN Aggie schedule as an ESPN+ game, so it might not be available today. Four other games are similarly indicated as not being on ESPN+ including Sac State and UCLA, but the UCLA game will certainly be on the Pac-12 Network.
  • Lizaggie
    It’s streaming on Wccsports.com . It is free
  • agalum
    All good Toke, every day is a Saturday for me too, wink.
  • Toke69
    I guess all of the major conferences how have their own network? Maybe the Sac State game will be on the Big Sky Net.
  • agalum
    23-20 LSU. Pepper back
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags trail 40-31 at the half.

The Ags fell behind 11-0 to start the game and have been trying catch up since then. The story so far is that we are getting pounded on the boards 25-18 and Anigwe picked up 2 fouls in just 7 minutes and had to sit. The Lions are physical inside and we're getting pushed around and giving up too many 2nd and 3rd chance points. I'm sure Les will be stressing defense and rebounding with his team at the half. No Adebayo tonight either.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I wonder what it’s like to root for a team that can make free throws.
  • Toke69
    Looks like the 3s aren't falling and neither are the free throws. 2 for 10 from the arc and a pathetic 1 for 6 from the foul line. 4 of 10 and 4 of 6 and the score is 40-40.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We won't win playing the way we did in the first half.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Pepper brings the Ags to within 4 at 45-41 with at the 16:43 mark.
  • Toke69
    Guess we might win. Pepper scores 10 points in the first 3 minutes of the half!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Eli is streaking and when he gets on a heater good things can happen!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags cut the lead to 4 and then can't get closer...trail 57-49 with 13:13 to go.
  • Toke69
    I note that UCR managed to pull out their game against the Lions after trailing by 9 with 8:47 to go. They took the lead with 4:15 to go and hung on to win by 2.
  • Toke69
    Ags are relying to much on jacking up a quick 3 pointer. That's not working very well.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This one is slipping away fast. Down 13 with 7:40 to go. 74-61 LMU.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags fall 85-75. Pepper goes off for 32 points but the Aggie defense did not travel with them tonight. I'm sure Les will not be happy with his team giving up 85 points. As good as we looked against Cal, we have been just mediocre the last 2 games.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Rough outing. Physical teams are going to give us trouble if we don’t figure out who can play interior defense and rebound after Anigwe
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!