• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies travel to Corvallis to play the Beavers at 7 pm on Thursday.

The Ags are coming off a lackluster loss to Sac State on Sunday and will be looking to find some scoring help for Pepper and Johnson. OSU will have a significant height advantage as they have 6 players over 6'9 on their roster including one at 7'2 and another at 7'0. The series between OSU and the Aggies is tied at 1-1 with the Aggies winning their last meeting 71-64 in 2021 in Corvallis.

The game will be carried live on the PAC12 Network. Go Ags!
  • Toke69
    Hard to tell how good Oregon State is at 3-3 with all their victories were against low level schools (although they barely beat a weak Troy team by 1 point in Corvallis) and they lost badly to very good teams with a combined record of 19-2. I think the Ags have more than a fighting chance, though.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think that the Ags must find some offensive balance in their line up. I know I sound like a broken record but we can't just have Pepper and Johnson carrying 50% or more of the scoring in every game. Pepper usually scores consistently right from the start of the game but TY has been quiet in the first half but then goes on a heater later in the game. If either of them are having an off night, we're going to struggle offensively and, if each of them are off their game, we're going to be in deep trouble quickly. We need at least one more player in scoring in double figures and a couple more adding 8 points or so.
  • movielover
    How do we watch a Pac 12 game?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I believe this will get you to the live stream at 7 pm:

1. Go to: https://pac-12.com/live
    2. Select the filter tab and select Men's Basketball and then scroll down to the UC Davis at Oregon State basketball game.
    3. Once you select that game, it will ask you to select your TV provider (Comcast, DirectTV etc.) from a drop down menu.
    4. That will link you to your provider website where you must log in after which it will automatically redirect you back to the Oregon State live stream and you can watch the game.
    5. It's easier than it sounds!

Hope this helps.
  • Toke69
    The game starts out here at 5:30 which cuts through my dinner time, so I'll only watch the first half in real time, but see the end well after it's over.
  • agalum
    Unfortunately you cant get pac12 with directv. If you have directv, you’ll need to use one of the streaming services.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Nice start for the Aggies. 8-7 Ags at the first media timeout. Getting out an running and forcing 4 TO's.
  • Toke69
    Odd that Pepper hasn't scored through most of the first half. He's 0 for 3.
  • BlueGoldAg
    OSU'S defense is very tough and they taken Pepper out of the game at this point. Ags are in foul trouble with Adebayo with 3 and TY with 2.
  • Toke69
    I was watching an earlier broadcast of the Hawai`i-Utah game with color commentary by Mike Montgomery, who mentioned what a good coach Jim Les is.
  • BlueGoldAg
    32-27 Aggies at the half.

Ags finished the half on a 15-2 run. Pepper only has 2 points and Johnson only has 5. Our defense has been excellent and has forced a bunch of TO's.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    the lineup of bora, tomba, debruhl, manu and milling played really well down the stretch. Good defense but the ball seemed to move well on offense too.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yes, it's nice to see the bench contribute 18 points. Borra is looking more comfortable and aggressive inside. We've controlled the boards which is a surprise given size advantage of the Beavers.
  • movielover
    I vote for more PT for Manu.
  • Toke69
    Ags also outrebounded the Beavers in the first half.
  • BlueGoldAg
    After going up 37-30, the Ags have gone ice cold and sloppy and now trail 44-37. Pepper is totally off his game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies have gone 9:30 without a FG.
  • BlueGoldAg
    OSU wins 71-59 in an ugly basketball. Unfortunately, it was uglier for the Aggies especially in the second half. The two teams combined for 50 fouls, 25 apiece. Both teams were careless with the ball too. OSU had 22 TO's and the Aggies had 18. The Aggies also continue to shoot a poor percentage from the line.

The Ags were 4-21 from 3 for 18% and they continue to shoot a poor percentage from the line. Pepper was 2-13 for 9 points and Johnson only had 9 also which is far from their 36 combined points per game.

Something needs to get better soon because, what we've seen so far this year, does not bode well for being competitive in the Big West.
  • Toke69
    If I were superstitious I would say that my not watching the game in the second half jinxed the Aggies, since they got outscored by 19. But I'm not superstitious, just incredulous that they could play so poorly in the latter 20 minutes. It's not like OSU played especially well, except for their big man, Chol Marial, who seemed to be everywhere, and #4, Dexter Akanno, who did a nice job defending Pepper. That dry spell hurt the most. Not only did they go 9:30 without a basket, but 6:54 without any score. Sad.
  • movielover
    A fellow Aggie sent me these predictions:

- we'll win less than half our games
    - Les will get a contract extension
    - Coach Nosek will get a raise
  • Toke69
    I'm not as pessimistic as fellow Aggie. Even if the scores do't indicate it, the Ags have been in every game in the sense that we could have, should have won, with better free throw shooting and fewer turnovers in other words better focus. We all agreed that we needed more balanced scoring and I note that Milling and DeBruhl hit in double figures yesterday. Pepper and Johnson won't both be that cold very often in the future.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!