• agalum
    Last time around the Ags were trailing with 1 minute to go before Pepper nailed 4 FTs, with the Ags squeaking by 67-65. With the Ags tied for second, everybody will be bringing their best game plan to the University Credit Union Center. I always enjoy watching Peppers response to the double teams. Tough to double team Pepper and TY. And with guys like Sevilla shooting lights out 3s, somebody is going to be left open.
    BTW, has anyone heard of TYs status?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I haven't heard anything about TY's injury but it certainly did not look good. The replay didn't capture what exactly happened to him other than showing him on floor clutching his chest. He came back in but had to leave the game after a minute or so. I sure hope he didn't tear something or crack a rib. I wonder if Adebayo will be back or not also. It will be a tough game even if we are at full strength and much tougher if either or both of them are out.
  • DrMike
    On Facebook, both he and Adebayo were dressed and taking part in practice/shoot-around. So hopefully that’s a good sign.

6 1/2 favorites tonight. I got my free pizza guy pizza thanks to some poor free throw shooter, so I’m ready to roll!
  • agalum
    Yep, Addie and TY on the court
  • Toke69
    Anyone notice that Rocak wins a very high percentage of opening tips?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    He does seem to have good timing
  • BlueGoldAg
    36-25Ags at the half. Very physical game.
  • Toke69
    Ags have twice as many rebounds as the Titans (if they were real Titans that would be something) and more assists 10-3. Neither team is shooting treys very well, but it doesn't seem to matter, except that they're holding Pepper to 0 for 3.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Teams are playing Pepper very tough lately. He has to fight through a lot of contact and it’s been hard for him to find a rhythm.
  • Toke69
    A great thing about Eli is that even when he isn't scoring a lot, he still gives it all he's got on defense, assists, rebounding, not forcing his shot just so he can score. Looks like the Ags got this one. Mani time?
  • BlueGoldAg
    71-58 Aggies - Final.
  • agalum
    Well, even with a bunch of TOs we still found a way to win. Play looked sloppy at times, but i can’t whine about the score. Pepper is really the focus of opposing teams - stop him and make the rest of the team beat you. But our depth is really apparent when we have guys like Lose, Tamba, and Sevilla contributing. And Leo has really developed into an impressive player.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Well, even with a bunch of TOs we still found a way to win. Play looked sloppy at times, but i can’t whine about the score.agalum

Generally speaking, we aren't going to win very often with 22 TO's but Fullerton just couldn't take advantage of them last night. Our defense had a lot to do with us keeping the lead at double digits despite the TO's though. However, we won't get away with a high number of TO's agains teams like Long Beach and San Diego in our upcoming games with them. Hawaii and Bakersfield are playing much better right now too and they will be tough games as well.

The game was very physical and I thought the officiating was very inconsistent. Players were hammering each other under the basket with no calls and then getting called for an insignificant bump out beyond the 3 point line. I can't remember the last time I heard the student section loudly chanting, "Refs you suck!"
  • DrMike
    are they still reviewing the goaltending call?
  • BlueGoldAg
    :rofl: That was insane! I've never seen anything like that before. My wife was keeping score and she had to change it back and forth about 4 times.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!