• user1
    kinda worried this was coming

https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/899830242210086913

https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/status/899830981061996544

but it is a sign that your program is recruiting well enough that the big boys are getting worried and throwing around some $$ to put an end to it..
  • CA Forever
    Doesn't mean he's 100% not coming to UCD, although I don't think it's going to happen. In this last bunch of recruits, Delveion Jackson committed, then decommitted to explore his option, and then ended up committing again. Clark would have been a huge addition to the roster.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I had a feeling that this might happen given all the attention he has attracted lately. The big programs play hardball and don't let too many diamonds slip through the cracks.
  • lucche
    Actually, these kids commit too early and then just go back on their word. It's not a good trait in an individual. If their word means nothing then there is doubt in there ability to keep a commitment Not good when it comes to getting a loan.
  • Zander
    Eh, I tend to give them some slack. I remember applying to college even as a non-athlete is a huge information overload and reps from every school are always pressuring you to apply/commit early or jump into stuff without adequate information.

Once a recruit signs the paperwork their rights basically vanish, so better to seem slightly disingenuous now by reversing a non-binding decision than hastily lock yourself into situation you can't easily get out of.
  • lucche
    Well, if you are not sure- don't sign. It's like buying a car or a home- once you sign you're committed.
    This is best learned early in life, rather than allowing people to think they can change their mind later.
    That doesn't work with many contracts. It is best to learn when you are young, than learn later the hard way.
  • CA Forever
    I dislike the term "commit" in college athletics recruiting simply because it doesn't have any meaning. Commit means commitment. "I am making a commitment to play for your program" is what it's supposed to mean, but players drop commitments all the time so it's a pointless phrase.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Verbal commits has Clark heading to Virginia. Big move...

•10/2/2017 - 2018 PG Kihei Clark (5-8, 145, 3★) committed to Virginia. - Per Link
  • BlueGoldAg
    It will be interesting to see how he does at Virginia. He had a chance to be a big fish in the pond as an Aggie. Wish we had him but so it goes...
  • aggie6thman
    Hard to turn down a chance to play in one of the best basketball conferences in the country. Annual games against Duke, North Carolina, and Syracuse would be difficult to say no to!

Slight difference from UCR, Northridge, and Fullerton...
  • BlueGoldAg
    No doubt it's a bigger stage and I hope he has success there. If verbalrecruits.com is correct, he only had 3 offers: Davis, Xavier and Virginia. Those are 3 good offers but, for some reason...size??..he has not generated a lot of offers. That makes me wonder how he may fare with the kind of basketball talent the ACC has. Time will tell...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!