• BlueGoldAg
    The Pacific Men's Basketball and Baseball programs have received penalties from the NCAA for academic and recruiting violations. The Ags play UOP twice this year.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20770415/pacific-men-basketball-baseball-teams-cited-ncaa-academic-recruiting-violations
  • DrMike
    i'm really looking forward to the resumption of the UOP rivalry (especially since they have been struggling a bit!). saturday mens/womens doubleheader will be fun.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I like the games with UOP also but, in general, our pre-conference home schedule leaves a lot to be desired for Aggie fans: UOP and Northern Colorado are nice but Holy Names and William Jessop won't get many fans to the Pavilion. So we only have 4 home pre-conference games out of 14 total and 2 of them are not very interesting.

On the other hand, the women's pre-conference schedule is really good at home and on the road:

Home: Washington State, Pepperdine, Portland State, Sac, San Francisco, Central Florida.

Road: Pacific, SUU, Seattle, St. Mary's, Oregon State, Yale, Fordham or Hartford.
  • Goags20172
    I guess UOP has some new meanings. It used to be "U Owe Plenty" and "Ugly Old Potatoes". Now apparently it's also "University of Penalties". As if it wasn't bad enough when some members of their baseball team decided to try their hands at armed robbery about a dozen years ago. I bet their legal defense was, "But everyone else in town is doing it !)
  • BlueGoldAg
    Not really a laughing matter but that's funny!

Of course, the NCAA saw fit to bust UOP for some pretty small potatoes by comparison to scandals like the academic fraud at UNC which has still gone unpunished. But, hey, the FBI sent some heads rolling today and it looks like there's a lot more to come. I guess cheaters will be cheaters until the FBI busts them.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!