• movielover
    EWU comes in ranked #10 nationally. They are supposedly 39-0 since 2011 when they win the TO battle. They are 5-0 versus the Ags, and they dropped 35 on us last year - in the third quarter!

This could be our best start in a dozen years, since the Daniel Fells led Aggies went 5-0 to open the 2004 season. Lately we have opened 1-3, 1-4, or at best hovered around .500.

We have a chance to go 4-2 with a W, and at 2-1 would be battling for the Big Sky lead. Instead of playing catch up, we would be in the hunt and have a realistic shot at breaking the 6-win plateau. And the bump for recruiting with the bye week would be interesting.
    1. Is the EWU game the Biggest home game in a dozen years? (17 votes)
        Yes
        29%
        It's up there
        53%
        Wins and losses don't matter
          0%
        No
        18%
        I'll still be at the Brewfest
          0%
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Its def up there. Any game vs Poly or Sac (regardless of record) is big. But it is close.
  • movielover
    Those are big, but a victory here puts us in a position to seriously consider the playoffs, to also make a Statement... if we continue to execute and strive.
  • Kerberos
    If by biggest you mean most meaningful, I'd have to say yes. When was the last time we played a mid or late season game that actually mattered for anything other than a rivalry trophy? Biggs' last game may be the only exception. A win would establish us as a contender in the conference race simply from a numbers perspective, but the fact that it's a ranked and historically successful opponent that everyone already knows is a serious BSC contender just adds to the potential importance of this game. And that's to say nothing of the effect on recruiting or team's confidence for the second half of the season.
  • DrMike
    First significant game (other than rivals) at aggie stadium. Win is huge. Play competively and lose we’d still be 3-3and ahead of schedule on rebuilding. Should be big crowd. See how the young Ags handle the challenge
  • SochorField
    This is a big game, no doubt. I'm sure most will agree we've found a little success faster than was expected. Personally, I did have feels that this would go more like Tedford's first year at Cal when he took a 1-10 program and went 7-5......Its amazing what coaching and attitude can do. We still have a shot at at going 9-3!

Realistically, going from 3-8 to 6-5 would be a fantastic start.

Beating Eastern Washington would be a huge statement for the program, as was beating Portland State.
  • movielover
    I do think the first game at Aggie Stadium was significant... for different reasons... plus Cal Poly is off, and Idaho State is winnable.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!