• aggie6thman
    I figured this deserved its own thread. The Big Sky hasn't officially released next year's schedule but I've pieced some the games together.

SJSU will probably be the first (9/1) week of the season. They head to Pullman on 9/8 and we wouldn't have a free week until 9/29, essentially conference play.

2018:

9/15 @ Stanford
    9/22 Idaho
    10/20 @ Cal Poly
    10/27 @ Montana
    11/10 @ EWU
    11/17 Slac State (Guess based on calendar)

Other games: Cal Poly, San Diego
  • SloStang
    Davis plays Cal Poly Oct. 20th in SLO.
  • agalum
    @Stanford
    Idaho home
  • aggie6thman
    @SloStang @movielover @agalum Made the changes. The end of the season is looking like murderer's row...
  • AggieFinn
    Anybody want to hit Missoula with the Finn?

(SJSU stunk this year)
  • Goags20172
    lol. And I thought I was the only one who liked to piece together schedules
  • aggie6thman
    This one is slightly less difficult than a baseball schedule! ;)
  • Goags20172
    The baseball schedule is close to finished. Just one more series and some mid- week games to figure out.

Edit: Uh duh on me. They released it today !
  • agalum
    Anybody want to hit Missoula with the Finn?
    Finn, take my plane, share the fuel?
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I'm not super optimistic about this schedule...
  • Goags20172
    We'll, I can tell you who they're not playing- Weber State (according to their website)
  • Goags20172
    Per Idaho State's website (future schedules), the Aggies host them 10/13. Their first game is 9/1 and Davis is week 7. You could probably put placeholders for the weeks you haven't determined yet to make it easier to visualize if you wanted. You know there's at least 1 week before Stanford, 2 between Idaho and Idaho State, and 1 between Montana and EWU.

This kind of helps me with the baseball schedules:

9/1 TBA (@San Jose State? )
    9/8 TBA (San Diego ?)
    9/15 @Stanford
    9/22 Idaho
    9/29 TBA
    10/6 TBA
    10/13 Idaho State
    10/20 @ Cal Poly
    10/27 @Montana
    11/3 TBA
    11/10 @Eastern Washington
    11/17 SAC STATE ?

According to this model you'd have 11 games. Most likely bye week would be the week of 11/3, but it might not be. 9/8 is probably not a bye and a logical landing spot for San Diego.
  • Goags20172
    I looked over the schedules for the last six seasons (since UCD joined the Big Sky). The only teams that have played the Aggies each of those years are Cal Poly and SAC State. The hornets have been the last opponent each of those seasons. The teams that have played the fewest times (3- Montana and Idaho State) are on the schedule next year. The ones that have played the most (5- NAU and PSU) probably won't be. And we know one of the ones with 4 ((Weber State) isn't

They are constantly balancing and re- balancing so the most likely candidates to fill the remaining two conference slots are

Montana State, Northern Colorado, and Southern Utah. Since neither MSU nor NC played the Aggies this year and SUU has played each of the last 3, the Thunderbirds are the likely odd ones out.

This means we would play Montana State at home and Northern Colorado in Greeley (based on the last games played. So, 11 games..6 on the road.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I see at least 4-5 losses on that schedule and it isn’t even completed yet. Fantastic.
  • movielover
    Our offense has risen to the challenge, maybe 75% there?

Defense is a huge area of concern. Special teams may be easier to fix, tough to have a freshman in a key spot.
  • AggieFinn
    I'll share the fuel, if only for the experience.
  • Riveraggie
    Stanford excepted what game would we be a prohibitive underdog in? San Jose we should be favored. One of these days we’ll beat Montana E. Washington, but these are winnable games. Idaho is dropping down to the level they should be playing at and shedding scholarships. I wish we weren’t playing Stanford but that’s it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!