• BlueGoldAg
    This is a game is which the Aggies have little to gain and a lot to lose. William Jessop is a pretty good NAIA team and they have been winning a lot of their games. Sure, they haven't played the kind of competition that the Ags have but they'll come into the Pavilion with everything to gain and nothing to lose. They'll be hoping that the Aggies will be overlooking them and they'll be fired up to try and pull a big upset.

Both teams have played Bethesda Christian. The Ags won their game by 55 points 111-56 in and exhibition game. William Jessop beat them by 37 points 85-48.

The Warriors are averaging 80 ppg while allowing 66. They are shooting 45% overall and 38% from 3. Their defensive stats are impressive; they have limited their opponents to 39% shooting overall and only 29% from beyond the arc. Another impressive stat is that they average 9 steals per game. So I expect that they'll be very aggressive on defense. They have also out rebounded their opponents by an average of 12 boards per game and they play cohesively with each other and average 15 assists per game.

The Aggie bench may be thin tomorrow as Joe Mooney and Delvion Jackson were both out of Wednesday's game against UOP and Siler Schneider said he wasn't feeling 100%.

Hopefully, the Ags won't get caught napping and will played focused basketball and put this one in the W column.

Live stream from the Big West Conference:

http://bigwest.sidearmstreaming.com/watch/?Live=511
  • eastbayaggie
    I used to hate exhibition games late in preseason until today.

I have no desire to attend this game since this is a waste of time for me. I actually am planning to go watch the women's basketball game at St. Mary's instead.

However, at this point of time, I'd rather have the Aggies play a meaningless game against William Jessop than to play a low rated RPI Division I game which would destroy the Aggies' RPI. If UCD can't schedule a decent Division I RPI team at home, then it's better to play an exhibition game. I want the Aggies to have an outside hope of being an at-large team at the end of the season if the Aggies somehow do not win the Big West tournament.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This is not an exhibition game. This game counts in the win/loss column even though William Jessop is a member of the NAIA. The Ags played them last year on December 17th and won that game 87-64 before only 823 fans. I remember that the Warriors were more competitive than I expected. They played really hard.

The women's game at St Mary's should be a good one. Keep us posted about your thoughts.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Some defensive issues to start the game, but locked down pretty good eventually.

Sweet Shorts-Moneke alley-oop got the crowd moving a bit.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Slow start to the second half other than a monster block by Chima.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Moving along now...
  • Russ Bowlus
    Bench getting a lot of time together. Coach has been doing full line changes, hockey style.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Great game by Printup. Another knock down perimeter shooter would really help.
  • DrMike
    Teams like us seem to have a game like this around this part of the season. Hawaii has Hilo tonight for example. Breather before finals, extend the bench, and get a W. Who knows, maybe Printup and Hennings get some more confidence from today and they contribute more moving forward. Box score says 1250 in attendance. I had planned to make the drive for the matinee but family stuff popped up. Hope to get up for the 30th. There are only a couple of the Saturday night games we can make. Weekday days are out of the question for us out here in Livermore
  • BlueGoldAg
    The starting 5 got off to a sluggish start and then Coach Les subbed in 5 from the bench at the 15:00 mark and they really sparked the Aggies to a 23 point halftime lead. Les continued to make full platoon substitutions in the second half giving the entire bench a lot of playing time. The Aggie bench accounted for 47 points to 39 by the starters.

It was really nice to see Arell Hennings and Rogers Printup scoring 20 and 16 respectively. Printup has a nice, soft 3 point shot. He had three big 3's at WSU and was 6-8 from downtown today. I think we'll be seeing on the floor more often now as we can use some help in our perimeter shooting. Hennings plays with a lot of confidence and he can drain the 3 also. It's really good to know that he can be a solid backup to Shorts.

Chima managed to end up with another double double: 16 points and 10 boards. it wasn't one of his better offensive performances though as he was only 4-11 from the field and 8 of 13 from the line. He was not happy again with how much contact he was getting. I think that teams are just going to try and be very physical with him and double and triple him often.

Still no sign of Joe Mooney. I hope he'll be ready to go for the San Francisco game next week. To bad he wasn't healthy for today's game. His shot has not been falling lately and the game today would have given him a chance to work out the wrinkles.

One area the Aggies have got to clean up is blocking out and getting the rebound on the defensive boards. The Ags gave up 15 offensive boards to the Warriors after allowing 21 against Pacific on Wednesday night. That will get us killed against the good teams coming up.

1250 was a lot more than I expected to see in the Pavilion today. Hopefully, by the time we begin league play, we'll be getting over 3000.

So now a week off for finals and then some very tough road games.

Go Ags!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!