• CA Forever
    Strange, strange calls from these refs. I would be more angry if it weren't a blowout.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    How was the crowd today? Are the students back yet? When do they do the freshman run through the stadium... Or is that not til the next game?
  • movielover
    Good win, they moved the ball on our 3s? ... convincing win, just what we needed.

Thomas 7.9 ypc, nice all around performance for everyone. And no injuries? ... into a bye week. With focus and determination, we could go 5-1 into Montana. Think about that.

Crowd good on home side, student side needs work. Nice new graphics, free water stations (some empty), puzzling street work couldn't be finished earlier, grass in tailgate area not watered?
  • 69aggie
    Movie, maybe a little picky on the watering thing. I worry about my plant too. But, the Thomas run to my mind was the exceptional play of the game. He has been hobbled with an ankle. I hope 2 weeks off will help. Great game by the Ags! I see a renewed athleticism on our team.
  • SochorField
    Tehran is a beast. Him with Gilliam and Modise are tough to stop. They stay fresh all game.
    Maier again missed some key throws. One was a sure TD to Doss. And hanging Gilliam out on the big hit.

Great win for the program! Hawkins and co. are doing a fantastic job. The level of play is so much higher these past 2 years.
  • Zander
    Best gameday experience I've had at Davis. Being gone since 2016 meant I didn't get to see incremental improvements, but the program feels more energized by leaps and bounds than when I was a student.
  • AggieFinn

Agree with this 100%

Tempo was set early, you could feel the energy in the crowd...SNAP THE BALL! Couldn't go fast enough, the processing speed from the O was tremendous.

The defense played ver, very well, continuing their consistency.
  • agalum
    Great game, fun tailgate, good company. Might have to make plans to go to the E.W. game!
  • movielover
    How tough to get tickets in Montana?
  • Russ Bowlus
    The game stats are interestingly balanced, given the final score. Time of possession was nearly identical, but Davis ran 13 more plays than Idaho (and 91 overall!). Both teams converted about the same number of 3rd and 4th downs. Davis only outgained Idaho by 100 yds.

8500ish reported attendance--pretty accurate number?
  • DrMike
    With Thomas mishandling the ball a few times, he might not get the extra playing time it looked like he was going to get.

I’ll quote myself on page 1 of this thread ‘ we will win comfortably ‘
  • movielover
    Idaho probably earned 125 yards, or more, with our 3s in.

I believe Freshman Gunner Faulk got some time at QB.

8,000 seems a generous figure, incl no shows? Maybe 7,000?

A couple of new benches were nice additions, I'd add at least 10 more. Near concessions, East Side, etc.

I know green grass is picky, but its a tailgate area with kids, families, adults socializing ... much better than dry weeds.

Zander, enlighten us more.

Did Idaho lock down our tight ends?
  • Zander
    I don't know how to describe it, it just felt very comparable to my memory of SDSU games except with a smaller grandstand and tailgate area.

Although I can pin down that the video board and greater variety of food options really added to the apparent production value
  • DrMike
    if my math is right, they had about 250 yards after it was 44-7 (last 18 minutes of the game). Starting QB was in there to the end. I think they got pissed when we went for it on 4th and 1 up 30 points.
  • agalum
    agalum How tough to get tickets in Montana?

Not sure, i was refering to Eastern WA
  • ucdavisaggie05
    There are 157 tickets currently available on StubHub, starting at $26 plus fees.
  • CA Forever
    After yesterday's beat down of Idaho, Massey has the Aggies ranked at #7

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fcs/ratings
  • DrMike
    on the targeting call -> from the replay in the stadium that looks really weak. It looked like it was going to be a bad hit until he backed off at the end and barely made contact. I’m all for player safety, protecting the head, etc. but that seemed like a real whiff. Especially that it resulted in an ejection(let alone 15 yards)
  • DrMike
    I think the addition of more food trucks and tents on the west side gives the stadium a more enclosed feel in a good way. Energy of the crowd is enclosed. Sideline announcer does a good job (on a side note, that one little kid got jobbed when one of the player picked up his football in the jersey/helmet/ball relay). Video board graphics are lively. And we marched down the field for a TD in a matter of minutes to kickstart the crowd. Much better atmosphere, even though the number of first years was low.
  • PortlandAggie
    Pluto TV + Apple TV worked extremely well 8j6xr7hfki6j63nm.jpeg
  • agalum
    Does anyone have a link for the post game coaches interview?
  • movielover
    Clips are up. Hawk, Tehran, Gilliam, DBs, Livingston.

https://youtu.be/V57-_F7AdgA

https://youtu.be/LkS8LBn2HnY

https://youtu.be/g8LsNHmpL5o

https://youtu.be/tlUEFiQh0Ig

https://youtu.be/XbXEfgchUD4

Picky #2. Why is our UC Davis football victory Giff listed: 21 44? And Idaho logo over UCD pic, and visa versa?

Late in the game our total game rushing number was something like #5 in our Big Sky history. Having 3 productive backs is great.
  • Zander
    Makes sense on the enclosure. It did feel like a more complete "bowl" than what I remember. And it's hard to tell how much the environment would have been different with a losing team.

Re: first year turnout, I noticed in the general admission section there were a lot of parents sitting with their first-year kids, who looked like they didn't run or sit with the Aggie Pack. I think generally speaking having the game exactly on moving day might not be the best thing -- I noticed people still shuttling suitcases from their cars to dorms at Tercero when I walked through campus after the game.

Also, cool Aggie moment: in the 4th quarter some first-years from Shanghai sat down behind me in general admit until the game ended. Despite not being familiar with the sport they seemed to be having a good time and it was really important for them to watch it all the way through.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    we sat next to a family from Pennsylvania dropping their daughter off, so I agree I think a decent number of freshman were either still moving in or may have gone to the game with family.
  • movielover
    Notice our SOS is #9, and Defense #45.

What those numbers don't show is an apparently stronger Offensive line, and 2 RBs who can easily roll up a three-digit game. And they're both young.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    PA, I tried the same and channel 245 was not listed for some reason. Any ideas?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!