• NCagalum
    To keep this in perspective the game was really put away early and it was a win. I am not going to forego a victory martini on account of the 4th quarter.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That wasn't good either but the reserve D was worse...
  • BlueGoldAg
    I might need a drink too after watching those final 10 minutes....
  • CA Forever
    This might be the angriest I've ever been after a win. Should have been a blowout...
  • BlueGoldAg
    We were up 49-10 with 9:15 to go and they light us up with 26 straight points...talk about the party getting crashed...
  • NCagalum
    Montana did not get past midfield the entire first half. Go Portland State.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The sad thing about what just happened is that we went from total domination to looking flat and just going through the motions. Those last 9 minutes took the shine completely off the apple...
  • CA Forever
    That would be a huge loss for Montana. PSU's only win is over College of Idaho...
  • CA Forever
    100% agree. Glad we got the W, but very upsetting that that is how the depth plays.
  • NCagalum
    You never throw a change up to a bad hitter and you never leave in 2/3 stringers when the other football team starts to feel its oats. In another not Alabama gave up 38 to Arkansas. I bet you Saban destroyed a few things in the locker room.
  • movielover
    Brock started out fine, and a sweet TD to 6'7" WR Gabe Martinez. Nice grabs by TE Hyman, too.

Was that our 3s on D? Yikes. And how does BJ fumble twice?

How many 2 point conversions did they nail, 3? Have we tried even 1 this year?
  • NCagalum
    not taking enough practice snaps with 2nd/3rd string center. If I were the coaching staff i’d Gernerate a intentional list of things to work on. Only saving grace is to hopefully learn from this early in the season.
  • BlueGoldAg
    So what was Hawkins thinking when the wheels were coming off the cart?
  • NCagalum
    Better get some new cotter pins.
  • NCagalum
    But seriously l hope he does’t sub In so much in the future.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Or stop using that cart when the cotter pins are shearing off left and right...
  • BlueGoldAg
    Maybe Hawk needs to watch the Miracle Game film again...UNC scored 26 points in 7 minutes and there were still 2:18 seconds left in the game. That seemed to get his attention and he brought the starters back in. He just waited way too long to stop the bleeding...
  • The Big Easy
    I think it was a good move by the coaching staff...

Last year against SDSU we were able to close the gap in the 2nd half when the 2s and 3s from SDSU came in.

Their coach made the point that developing their depth was more important than a blow out victory and a win is still a win.
    The only way to determine how much work is needed to prepare for the rest of the season is to put them in the game and see what you are dealing with.

Hopefully that is what the coaches were thinking because player depth is going to be important if we want to finish at the top(or near) of the conference.

The position coaches have alot of work to do and the 2s and 3s now know why they are not starting!

I think next week will be the first real test in conference play for the Aggies.

2-0 in conference play...Go Aggies!
  • 69aggie
    It was painful to watch the 4th quarter and it ruined my lunch. BUT (and not to try and put a silver lining to it) it showed Hawk that he needs to really start working on the 2d and 3d guys. I pity them on Monday when the coaches lay it on them and they have already gotten the scorn of the starters for messing up the game on the plane. So, the pluses are better than the minuses.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Thanks, Big Easy, I needed someone more rational and less emotional than I am to put a positive perspective on that 7 minute fiasco!
  • movielover
    +1. We can't say *all* 2s and 3s played poorly. Our WRs are deep, and produce. RBs produced, which means the O line was still producing. We got the W.

What happened to the D? The coaching staff? Why not call a timeout to stem the flow?

If we had won 60-10, cockiness and complacency could creep in ... not after that 4th quarter!
  • DrMike
    agree completely. Not sure how many snaps these guys get in practice as a unit, unless it’s scout team. Would have been nice to have it end as 56-17 or something BUT we’re 4-1 and those are the only numbers that matter. Had we recovered one of those onsides or if modese didn’t mess up the kickoff and we’re not having this discussion.
    I’m a bit concerned about kicking game. Missed short FG. Directional kickoffs = kick out of bounds. First punt was short giving them good starting position ( Int stopped them). Little things like that can kill ya in a close game
  • BlueGoldAg
    Next week is going to be a real test...
  • movielover
    Will the students show up?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I hope so but history says they won't. The 4 pm kickoff is unfortunate also. The forecast is for sun and 83 degrees so that means it will be hot on the east side and the sun will be in their eyes for 2 hours making it hard to see.
  • 69aggie
    How does a game start at 4 pm? Were not exactly on national TV. Who decides this?
  • zythe
    Random question: If we played UCLA this season, do you think we’d have a chance of beating them?
  • Zander
    I like our chances against anybody not in the FBS top 25 frankly
  • BlueGoldAg
    We haven't played a really good FCS team yet though. ISU looks like they will be the best FCS team we've played yet.
  • Zander
    Fair, but I'm also basing this around how well the offense moved the ball and defense got stops against Stanford.

FWIW SJSU is in the league of Sac State, Montana State, and Idaho State per Sagarin.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!