• NCagalum
    Sac State scores easily on first possession. This game could be a route.
  • BlueGoldAg
    CP comes right back and grinds out a TD without a single pass to tie it at 7 apiece.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Sac scores quickly again. Poly's D is porous...
  • NCagalum
    Porous is an understatement. Poly will have to score every possession to stay in game.
  • NCagalum
    Poly without a single pass is redundant.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hahaha...this game is entertaining. Poly can't stop Sac and Sac can't stop Poly's running game. 14-14
  • NCagalum
    Sac TD coming back. It’s the porosity bowl. First team to stop the other wins.
  • DrMike
    If poly doesn’t turn it over they can be tough. They racked up a lot of yards vs Montana but shot themselves In the foot enough times to dig themselves a big hole
  • CA Forever
    Poly up 24-14... weird scores in the big sky today
  • NCagalum
    that’s for sure. Sac looks awful after their first 2 drives.
  • DrMike
    34-17. Poly has a punt return for TD and just scored a TD after interception around Sac’s 20. Fourth quarter. The way they are running I think they win this one
  • DrMike
    41-20 poly midway through fourth. The demise of poly may have been prematurely reported. Sac will be 2-3, 1-3 D1. That is a surprise
  • BlueGoldAg
    Really nice win for Poly 41-27. 462 yards of rushing...impressive!
  • 69aggie
    Why does sac have so much better TV coverage than we do? Big Sky TV is a joke, no its an embarrassment as no D1 league should have this low level media support.
  • movielover
    I thought it was just my mid level Android phone choking. First it wouldn't load... then it froze after 5 minutes... nothing on screen during TOs... several more freeze frames ... no visual stats ...

Can Pluto be played over Comcast / TV?
  • agalum
    I was streaming on my ipad. Same issue, freeze frames, audio would continue without video feed. I was constantly refreshing the site to get it to work.
  • CA Forever
    All the scores have been updated in the original post. Weird week where almost everyone thought these games were going to be cut and dry results and then we ended up with what I would call 3 upsets in Portland State over Montana, Northern Arizona over Weber, and Cal Poly over Sac State. That definitely will throw off some of the rankings.
  • Kerberos
    Not to mention UNC putting up 26 points on UCD in just a handful of minutes. Just goes to show nothing is a given in the Big Sky, unless you're EWU which has been consistent all season.
  • CA Forever
    Don't get me started on that again hahaha. I agree that EWU are still the top dogs right now with UCD and ISU nipping at their heels. Next weeks game against ISU is going to have huge implications for the Big Sky.
  • DrMike
    My last thing about the 26 point deluge: if we would not have goofed up the kickoff return and got the quick safety, we’re not discussing this. Start that drive at the 25, get a first down or two (remember Johnson had. TD pass) and it’s likely that game ends with UNC at 18 points
  • DrMike
    Not Big Sky but San Jose’s miseries continue losing 42-30 to Colorado State ( who had one win coming in). They were fien 28-0 at half, scored 30 in the third to go up 30-28, only to have the Rams score two 4q TD’s for the final score. After a five OT loss last week, that hurts even more
  • movielover
    Isn't there an old saying, something like if my grandmother had gonads she'd be by grandfather?

A key play, sure; I recounted some of the additional lowlights.

It is fantastic we start games fast. But can we play 4 quarters? Good teams play 4.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I don't think SJSU is much better than the middle of the pack teams in the Big Sky. Other than Stanford we haven't really played anyone who is as good as the best teams in the FCS.
    Our first team offense is certainly potent but we're vulnerable on defense. Every team we have beaten has, at some point in the game, made a good run at us.

I think the ISU game will tell us a lot about just where we stand. At this point, however, I'm not sure how we would do against the top teams in the FCS.
  • 72Aggie
    Poly had ONE pass completion.

https://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article219631405.html

A couple of notes on the Bee's declining coverage, or what passes therefor:
    1. The game was at Sac, within a few miles of the Bee's office, yet the Bee purchases an AP account of the game.
    2. This was on the website. Nothing in the print edition. (I have not checked the print/pdf "Extra" section yet.)
    3. The article refers to Poly as the "Aggies."
    4. Nothing on the website or the print edtion about the UCD game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Some media folks call us the Mustangs also. Thank God they didn't refer to the Hornets as the Aggies! :scream:
  • AggieFinn
    UC Davis 49 @ UNC 36
    SUU 17 @ EWU 55
    PSU 22 @ Montana 20
    Idaho 28 @ ISU 62
    Poly 41 @ Sac St 27
  • agalum
    The PSU - Montana game result is shocking to me. I wonder if Montana had some key injuries? They are not east to beat in their house.
  • CA Forever
    I was taking a look at the Montana fan forum and they were just saying that the team came out flat. QB was overthrowing receivers and when the ball was thrown nicely receivers were dropping. Losing always hurts when you are in the top 25, but losing to a team that hasn't had a division 1 win since 2016 is going to hurt Montana significantly.
  • 72Aggie
    Years ago I actually wrote a letter to Sports Illustrated after they referred to us as the Mustangs. I received a nice written reply pointing out that there was some sort of style manual that listed the team as the Mustangs. As I recall in the 80s or 90s the administration was making an effort to remove the agricultural image in any shape or form. Pushing the name Mustangs, trying to get rid of horse and especially cow images....
  • 69aggie
    It is really sad to see the demise of the Bee a once very strong paper. Many think this is all the result of the digital age, but the Bee made a very serious mistake back in 2006 when its parent McClatchy bought Knight-Ridder newspapers, many of which KR newspapers were in poor markets and not profitable at that time and even now. That accelerated a downward spiral that has not ceased. McClatchy’s total debt as of 2016 was a enormous $872.7 million. Then in 2017 the Bee publisher, Cheryl Dell, retired. Dell was highly respected, but the guy brought in to replace her had to run 10 other McCltchy papers in 3 states along with the Bee. So this is a reason why the Bee seems to barely limp along. It simply has no funds sufficient to operate a modern newspaper.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!