• AggieFinn

Plough was talking about it. Idaho came off a bye, Cal Poly came off a bye, Montana will be coming off a bye.
  • Zander
    Until the EWU game later this season!
  • AggieFinn
    Montana is a completely rabid environment, the biggest, loudest crowd we'll see all season.

You go to a sports bar there, you can check your 18 pack, and leave with it when you hit the street on the way out.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Sac still down 5.
  • movielover
    Terry Tumey smart enough to kick himself?
  • Russ Bowlus
    Sac going backwards, down 19.
  • Russ Bowlus
    And the football gods punish them for attempting a field goal (while down 19, with 8:30 left in the game!) by pushing it wide.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Getting out of hand in Sacto--not going to bother watching the rest.
  • BlueGoldAg
    North Dakota 41 Sac 15 Final
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I’m up the road from Sac this weekend and completely forgot about their home games being televised up here.

I’m sure the ratings were great.
  • agalum
    I’m sure the ratings were great.

Ha ha, maybe next time they’ll learn their lesson and televise aggie games
  • CA Forever
    Alright, scores are all updated for the week. Some interesting games in the Big Sky for sure. NAU continues to fall without Cookus at the helm as they hand UNC their first win of the season. Weber State gets the win, but I'm going to be honest... I'm still not sold on them. Constatine threw 3 interceptions and they are being carried by RB Josh Davis in terms of offense. One trick ponies won't get it done in the playoffs. ISU almost gets the FBS win.

EDIT: Don't let the stats on the Weber State game fool you, Davis is still the guy to watch out for despite Garrett having 3 TDs... all 3 were from the 1 yard line.
  • SochorField
    Biggest road game in DI era?movielover

YES
  • movielover
    How many Aggie fans did we bring to SLO?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I was a little surprised that we didn't see many of our reserves once we were up big in the 4th. Bad memory of the Northern Colorado finish (not)? Did anyone besides Maier take a snap?
  • movielover
    Agreed. At least the last 5 minutes. Only JM at QB.
  • agalum
    How many Aggie fans did we bring to SLO?

Not sure of the number, but the visitor section was full. I was on about the 38 yard line and their were other Aggie fans near me. The west side was full, but after the half it looked like a ghost town. Just now back home after a super enjoyable trip between the pre-game and the game. But poly really needs to get their act together on traffic patterns at stadium events. They forced me, and other drivers, to go around the stadium on the side opposite the parking. Then a cop directed me on a wild goose chase to get to parking that seemingly was in a different county. They need to provide signage for visitors that are not familiar with the lay of the land.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Were the Poly fans around you grumbling about their offensive play calling? I was watching the live stream and you could hear the boo birds in the background of the Poly announcers. They even commented about it...
  • agalum
    yes, what was really funny was a group in front of me wanting poly to run it up the gut. That wasnt working, but frankly after the first quarter our D had their number. On kick returns, their deep guy called a fair catch nearly every time, Really, you are down big time, why not try and be a hero and take it to the house? I heard the booing also. I think the officials were feeling sorry for poly. There was one holding incident where our rushers hand was being pulled back as he rushed the QB. There was a ref right there. Then the non call on the south end zone when Doss had two guys on him in the end zone and they stripped his hand down before the ball arrived.

Aside from an overall great performance by the Aggies in general, i was pleased by some improvements. Our punting game was much better. Im sure they must have been working on that. And while Gillian had a great game, Tehran Thomas is a beast. He was carrying 3 or 4 tacklers several yards. While Gillian is the patient one looking for his seam, Thomas makes his own seams and hits the line with authority. This was a great game for Tehran Thomas. I got to meet some of his family members at the ISU game. Real nice folks. I look forward to seeing him get more carries.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We've got a stable of good RB's and receivers. Thomas and Gilliam are impressive. I think having the ability to consistently mix up the ground and passing game is huge for us and makes us very tough to defend.
  • DrMike
    Wish Montgomery was healthy; with his speed, we’d have a boatload if options!
  • movielover
    There is an upside, we have big shoes to fill next year.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Definitely have to give some props to our O line. They did a great job of pass and run blocking and the D really stepped up. Pretty much a complete game for the Ags outside of the first quarter.
  • movielover
    Is it Hero Sports that already has Parks on their preliminary all league team?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yes, I saw that he was on their first team Big Sky.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!