• BlueGoldAg
    I watched the interviews too and that statement by Hawk was special. He also said, "We play a lot of people. We have a great defense but, if you look at our defensive stats in the Big Sky, you won't see any of our defensive players in the Top 20. We use a lot of players. That's what we do." He also said that the reason he lists so many players instead of just starters is because all those players contribute.

Great way to build team chemistry and let everyone contribute. Awesome!
  • Zander
    It's moments like these where I begin to suspect that we legitimately have the best coach in the FCS, or at least the most desirable one for our particular situation. Turning a 21-3 deficit into a 49-21 blowout also leads me a bit towards that conclusion
  • NCagalum
    looks like Erron Duncan was the injured Aggie. My guess is that he is totally cramped up. Hope it is that and nothing serious.
  • Riveraggie
    Hawkins is the perfect coach for us. He is always touting the school and our history. That’s going to help with recruiting and support. He has credibility with that as an alum who’s been around.
  • Riveraggie
    Crawford is quite an addition. Big game from him even aside from the WR pass which was nicely thrown. Five catches 61 yards and a touchdown. Not bad for the fourth or fifth receiver.
    I was hoping they were going to keep having him throw the ball even though in previous games it didn’t work.
  • SochorField
    He looks like he played some QB. Did he play in HS?
  • CA Forever
    Yeah Crawford played QB in HS.
  • Riveraggie
    He played QB his senior year and wide receiver prior.
  • CA Forever
    So perfect for trick plays. He's not unlike Orlando Ornelas in our current recruiting class. We recruited him as a WR and he is playing QB his senior year.
  • agalum
    Talking about QBs, I didn't see Spencer in the game against Montana. Were the plays that he was part of too predictable? Is he OK?
  • CA Forever
    I think with the emergence of a run game with Gilliam and Thomas plus the fact that Spencer's passing wasn't reliable enough to make the wildcat a consistently effective option buried him on the depth chart. He seems like a good kid, but the throws just weren't cutting it from what I have observed over his time with the team. I don't know anything about injuries regarding him.
  • Zander
    He appeared against ISU in the wildcat package for one play that went nowhere.

I think that package has very little benefit these days compared to just running the ball out of the pistol or shotgun. Our backs are very good and one took a snap himself at Stanford, and CJ didn't demonstrate that he could pass effectively out of the wildcat.
  • CA Forever
    Exactly. Spencer's game was entirely too predictable because he wasn't a passing threat. When he came in the game, opponents knew that it was going to be a keeper. Wildcat only works if you can at least threaten to throw it or else opponents just zero in.
  • agalum
    Yes, I agree regarding his passing efficiency. Too bad he is not getting a chance to contribute in other ways. He is a pretty good receiver and blocker as well.
  • movielover
    I hope Duncan is OK, he is solid.

Crawford's strength was WR, but if I recall he shifted to QB when a stud QB graduated as he was their best athlete.
  • Riveraggie
    spencer caught our touchdown at Stanford
  • CA Forever
    Moe and King have been nominated for Defensive HERO of the week. Show em some love with the votes guys.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football/vote-defensive-hero-of-the-week-2018-10-28-rsrs
  • Kerberos
    Theyre going to split the UCD fan vote
  • CA Forever
    you can vote more than once. Just reload the page
  • quadshock
    Hope it's just a cramp too. He did hop his way onto the stretcher
  • AggieFinn
    https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx

UC Davis @ Griz game now up.

Thankful I didn't have to hear these announcers. Man, so homer.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I only heard a few minutes of the Montana announcers and they were constantly complaining about the refs missing holding calls and on and on. I can see the home announcers thinking that a call got missed but not on just about every good Aggie play...they were horrible homers!
  • agalum
    Thankful I didn't have to hear these announcers. Man, so homer.AggieFinn

Yeah, but you had to listen to me Finn :).
  • AggieFinn

Aggie homers only please...no worries alum. You swear like I do, so it's okay.
  • CA Forever
    The commentators were truly bad. It was totally inconceivable to them that Davis might be good.
  • Riveraggie
    They wanted to credit us with being good right up until the part of the game in which we were. They wanted the big upset script.
  • movielover
    They complemented Doss continuously, and how Maier could throw in awkward positions, Moe, and how we could score.

I found the "we" pronouns and others objectionable. Cheerleading.

Our announcers bit their tongues about Gould for several years, and a local writer openly promoted his wife for AD before finally admitting his love for Coach Gould. Kind of a first.

Montana hasn't had to eat a lot of humble pie.
  • CA Forever
    They did say some nice things about Doss, Maier, and some of the other receivers as well... but they also cried that there should have been penalties on Davis on dang near every play while Montana couldn't possibly have done something deserving of a penalty. By the way, I don't have a problem with Hawk taking a penalty. Get fired up about blatant attempts to injure another player and the refs just don't do anything about it. Defend your players.
  • agalum
    I thought the reference to Harrel for “whining about a little twist to the ankle” was rather insulting.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!