• BlueGoldAg
    Jen Gross continues to add size to the Aggies by signing 6'5 C Kenedy Lily from El Dorado HS in Orange County. Lily is averaging 30.1 ppg in 8 games so far this year. She also averaged 32.4 ppg recently in 4 games at the Covina Tournament and that included a school record 57 point performance in one game.

2r8l3ku06ncarc5l.png

aj4g0iv3c28ajy4u.png

https://twitter.com/UCDavisWBB
  • Russ Bowlus
    Wow, very cool.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Looks like a great addition
  • BlueGoldAg
    Maybe Coach Les should talk to Jen Gross about the value of recruiting players with size as well as guards...
  • 69aggie
    This is a big get by Jen. Lilly is a true 6’5” 215 lb. athletic post who is rewriting record books in OC which is a tough place to play HS WBB. Just scored 57 last week! Averages 30.1 pg. I love Morgan, but I do not think she came close to those kinds of numbers in HS. I don’t think Aggie WBB has ever had this high a level of raw athleticism. At least in my memory. Maybe an historic addition to the program. Needs some great coaching to reach her potential, but we have the coach who can do the job in Jen Gross. Great news for Aggie WBB! I just wish she had a year to watch Morgan do her stuff.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Some International height coming our way!
  • BlueGoldAg
    She is really impressive in this video. She reminds me of a young Morgan Bertsch...great defense and inside/out shooting. We'll have some big girls inside with Stobbart and and our 6'5 recruit, Kenedy Lily, along with this Scottish belle who is very mobile and long...6'6 wingspan. Awesome!

• 69aggie
    Beautiful Scottish Lass! Agree with all the above, plus SHE ACTUALLY GETS OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS!!! Great addition for Jen. This recruiting class is getting very strong indeed. Scots are a tough breed, beautiful and smart. Yes, I am part Scot but not very biased. . . I think. . . . Oh well tried.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Just FYI Kenedy Lily was at the game yesterday wearing her Aggie blue and gold. Can’t wait to watch her play. She’s physically imposing. I’m pretty sure there was another recruit in the crowd but I’m not sure who she was
  • BlueGoldAg
    It's going to be interesting to see how Lily and Stobbart do trying to fill the void left when Morgan is gone. I think next year's team will be very different. Morgan, of course, has been a rare talent for us since she is so quick and agile with length. Stobbart lacks that quickness and needs to improve her interior game and, although Lily has dominated in her high school, adapting to the speed and physicality of the D1 game will be a big adjustment for her. I think they will both be projects and it will take time for them to develop.
  • 69aggie
    According to the ESPN announcers statements in the UCI game, the Aggies coaching staff is known nationally for developing bigs to their fullest potential. ESPN guys also noted that Jen Gross is “one of the best and most respected women’s basketball coaches in the nation.” Thats some potent praise if I don’t say so myself.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I think the other recruit at the Honda center might have been Evanne Turner. Looks like a shooter
  • BlueGoldAg
    She looks like an impressive scorer and is very athletic. Etiwanda High School is ranked as the #4 team in the nation. Awesome!
  • BlueGoldAg
    2971aimja4f0in8f.png

"Kenedy is a true center with great size and strength as well as a soft touch around the basket," Gross said. "She is capable of having a major impact on the defensive end of the floor where she has a strong ability to protect the rim. We are impressed with her work ethic and character and believe that those traits will give her limitless potential within our program. Our staff is excited to help her develop her skillset while she earns her degree in biology here at UC Davis."

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2019/5/14/lilly-adds-towering-presence-to-aggies-frontcourt.aspx
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversion!