• Oldbanduhalum
    Should be a good game tonight down in Northridge. Game will be on ESPN3 for those of you who want to watch the top two teams in the BigWest. Ags lost to CSUN in the BWT last year by 12. Channon Fluker is the reigning BW player of the year, and is averaging 15 pts / 11 boards a game this year. Fluker is going to get her numbers, she's too good to shut down, but it'll be important for the Ags to minimize the damage from the rest of the Mats. No one else is averaging in double digit points, so the Ags will need good overall team defense.

The Ags played an exceptional game last Saturday in the win over UCI. It'll take an equal effort to down CSUN. No men's game tonight so time to stream ESPN3.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I expect that CSUN will play zone like Irvine did and do everything they can to make things tough for Morgan. Irvine played her very physical and I expect Fluker will do the same. Morgan has gotten so much stronger this year. She's able to take hard fouls and still finish with an and one. She can also step out and hit the 3 so we might see may see the Age with both Stobbart and Bertsch on the floor at the same time. It will be important for the Ags to hit some 3's to stretch the zone.

Link for the ESPN3 live stream:

http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3475555/uc-davis-vs--cal-state-northridge

Go Ags!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I think you’re right with both Csun playing zone and us using both bertsch and stobbart together. Just read the enterprise preview and it alluded to both those things. Should be interesting to watch
  • Oldbanduhalum
    UCD wins 60-49. Ags pretty much controlled the game after the first qtr. Good road win
  • Russ Bowlus
    Ugly score, but I'll take it. :cool:
  • BlueGoldAg
    They're playing like a veteran team. Great patience on offense, solid defense and the twins went wild.
  • Russ Bowlus
    I was at a band concert, so the score when I turned my phone back on mid way through the fourth quarter was a nice surprise after that first half.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Stats highlights:
    Aggies had 11 TOs to Northridge's 22. Way to go defense!
    Morgan with 5 steals.
    The Eatons combined for 14 assists. Nice. Oh, and 20 points, too.

What was the story with Fluker's "unsportsmanlike" foul in the 2nd?
  • BlueGoldAg
    She got a defensive rebound and Konrad was closely guarding her from slightly behind her to Fluker's right. Fluker felt her presence and, while holding the ball high, swung to her right and caught Konrad flush on the jaw with her right elbow and Konrad went down hard. There was no egregious intention by Fluker but it did result in an "unsportsmanlike" foul and Kourtney hit two FT's and the Ags got the ball. I guess it's called unsportsmanlike in WBB but a flagrant 1 in MBB.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Ah, ok. Thanks!
  • 69aggie
    Now the Big West TV commentators are calling them the “Eaton Twins” as they should. They were terrific tonight both on the floor together for most of the game.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!