• Riveraggie
    How can you review plays without a call on the field? Think how that could work on other infractions.
  • smarterray
    Hey, that EWU player hit our guy helmet to arm. That's targeting!!!
  • smarterray
    Hey, that EWU player touched our Aggie player in a way that didn't look very nice!!! Eject him!!!!
  • CA Forever
    A lot of runs for being down 2 scores and 5 minutes
  • NCagalum
    Why not kick field goal with 4th and 5 you need twi scores in any event. Just don’t understand that.
  • BlueGoldAg
    9 straight wins for EWU over the Aggies...they certainly have our number...
  • CA Forever
    Why did we not kick the FG and then at least attempt the onside kick? This coaching staff has some explaining to do.
  • NCagalum
    totally agree. No brainer
  • movielover
    Agreed. Why not a rollout or 20-yard sideline pass? These 5 yard runs up the gut chew up time.
  • CA Forever
    Big time bonehead move. That call fall on Cody?
  • SloStang
    That targeting call was BS and changed the game. Good battle. Tompkins is legit.
  • NCagalum
    I’d pay good money to see best vs Hauck in wwe or whatever that cage thing is. They deserve each other.
  • movielover
    Why was HR benched?
  • SloStang
    To give Tompkins a shot. Looks like it was the right call and maybe it came a little too late.
  • CA Forever
    I don't know if he was injured, but the offense was largely ineffective with him at the helm. TT came in and immediately led 2 TD drives.
  • Riveraggie
    To give Hastings a shot. And then Tompkins later. Game was not progressing toward a victory and there are other goals
  • smarterray
    Good sportsmanship at the end of the game. I can't wait for the Fall.
  • Riveraggie
    I can’t imagine one of the coordinators decides whether to kick a field goal or go for it. That’s on the head coach
  • CA Forever
    Well that's the season. I doubt we make it into the playoffs with 2 losses. I know Cody is new to the job so I should probably cut him some slack, but I'm really not sure he's the guy for the job right now. Dan obviously won't cut ties, but too many games this season left me scratching my head at times. Kinda curious to me that he managed to rise the ranks from OQC to OC. Going forward I think Tompkins is the guy at QB. He is just way too electric to leave on the bench. Defense was much improved this season which was nice to see.
  • movielover
    We have some good young players, but the Montana's are beasts. Our offense sucked in the first half, gassing our D. Don't understand the play calling, or not going for a FG late and assessing if TT arm is OK.

No Harrell?
  • movielover
    FWIW, a bio I read said TT wants to be a coach, so he should be a student of the game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    EWU is just a better football team right now but we have a lot to look forward to in the fall. We have a lot of young talent and we will get better. Many of our younger players played a lot of quality minutes and that will pay dividends in the fall. Time to heal up and get stronger over the summer and get ready for Tulsa.
  • NCagalum
    defense much improved-and that keeps you in games. Tompkins will need a lot of coaching if he is to be the guy at QB. Incredible athlete but QB takes a lot of decision making. Right know relying too much on his running and making the big play- which is understandable. Will need to go to his receivers more and not immediately go to scramble. Maybe JT or someone can coach him up. Tell not to get off YouTube and do something useful :-). Barriere has had a maturation process and can really throw the ball. That is what makes him so dangerous.
  • BlueGoldAg
    EWU is the best team in the Big Sky this spring...not Weber State.
  • NCagalum
    montana is certainly a beast in their own minds. I just can’t tell you how much I loved the shellacking the Ags gave them in Missoula in 2018. Watching the fans leave early was pure unadulterated schadenfruede.
  • Idaho Aggie
    I had to drive to Moscow so listened to most of the second half (after our first touchdown) in the car. Was very surprised at the HR benching, and then to hear new names in the backfield. More than anything it left me with the feeling that Hawkins was getting film on players.

So we have short off-season to have a full-blown quarterback controversy. I didn't see Tompkins play today but heard the announcers raving about him. For me the question is 'Can he throw?' Sounds like he can move the ball with his legs, but most playoff teams solve that. I saw plenty of good things from HR but we all saw some mistakes too. Still, he is elusive and can get a first down with his legs too.

One thing we can all agree on: That was a BS targeting call. I saw the play in the cashier's line at the supermarket and thought 'What a great play.' As I walked to my minivan they were replaying it and I wondered why. Then I wondered why EWU had the ball still. BS call.
  • NCagalum
    total mystery. Couldn’t stop the clock with time left and only 2 timeouts.
  • agalum
    Just home from the game. I feel like the big sky wanted EW in the playoffs. Refs not calling it straight up. After our bogus targeting call there was a clear targeting call on EW. We were all yelling targeting from the stands. No call. Refs should not be the difference in the game. But EW is legit. I’ll sure be glad when Barriere is gone,
  • CA Forever
    I know Scott and Scott were questioning TT not throwing to Rodrigues on that one play in the endzone, but Tompkins running has been unstoppable and I'm not sure I trust a QB receiving with the game on the line.
  • Idaho Aggie
    I would bet Tompkins trusts himself more than he trusts anyone he can pass to.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!