• NCagalum
    Game of the week is Weber vs James Madison. In terms of poll rankings - I think it is relatively safe as I think it will take a 2 score loss for either team to move much. Weber has the home field advantage but JMU blasted Maine last week and I think they are still smarting from the collapse they had in the Sam Houston game.

My line would be Weber + 10. Weber’s starting QB went down with an injury against Dixie St. but I have not been impressed with him from what I have seen this year. Johnson relieved him. Davis was out against Dixie. I just don’t see Weber winning this one.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think you meant FCS Games..(you can edit the title).
  • NCagalum
    thanks b&g. That’s why I like the old nomenclature: 1A and 1AA - easier on the brain - at least mine.
  • DrMike
    We really want to see JMU put a beat down on Weber and get them reeling for our game in a couple weeks!
  • Goags20172
    Hopefully JMU will read them the Bill of Rights.
  • eastbayaggie
    Hmm. I prefer Weber State to win, so that if we are fortunate enough to win against Weber State, our rankings would be more impressive.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I with you on this as well.
  • Zander
    Having the distinguishing letter be in the middle of F_S was.... questionable for readability.

Would prefer to just call them the P5, G5, and the Championship (borrowing a page from England's book)
  • Riveraggie
    And make the scholarship limits the same, say 70 That and the new transfer rules will spread the talent. Any more than 70 is just stockpiling and leads to less balanced competition
    There should be no rule that make the lower division structurally different Then people might stop constantly referring to it, On Tulsa broadcast I heard “Davis of the FCS” more than any other description,
  • NCagalum
    UT Chattanooga hanging with Kentucky at halftime 14-10 UKY.
  • NCagalum
    UTC up 16-14 on Kentucky 4th quarter
  • Zander
    Kentucky gets a massive pick six to clutch it out, Chattanooga had a really nice onsides attempt too. So close
  • NCagalum
    Montana State blitzing on almost every down and owning USD so far 14-0 MSU late first quarter.

Referee called USD UC San Diego over PA.
  • NCagalum
    MSU boat racing USD 21-0 first quarter. MSU quarterback Mckay running a lot in rpo.

Troy Anderson playing middle linebacker. Surprised he is still around but he is a load. MSU looks pretty tough.
  • movielover
    Dartmouth over Valparaiso by 6 at the half.
  • NCagalum
    poor Valpo. My mother-in-law graduated from there. At least they have a chance this week instead of the task of taking on NDSU in Fargo as last week.
  • movielover
    18 point Hamilton HS comeback in about 1:10 over Bishop Gorman.

https://twitter.com/FTBVids_YT/status/1439095689426866180?s=20
  • Riveraggie
    Wow, Eastern WA vs W IL has six touchdowns, neither team has failed to score TD on any possession.
    Now 7 TDs, 28-21 end of first quarter, eastern.
  • BlueGoldAg
    EWU 55 Western Illinois 21 at the half
    Cal 21 Sac 6 at the half
    Oregon State 42 Idaho 0 with 1:55 to go in the 3rd
    Montana State 52 San Diego 10 with 6:56 to go in the 4th
    Northern Colorado 7 Lamar 7 with 10:21 to go in the 3rd
    Portland State 7 Western Oregon 0 with 11:30 to go in the 2nd
  • DrMike
    they must have different onside kick rules in high school. They loaded up the center and just bowled them over!

Twice
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Following the Cal game and Sac State has been really interesting. They've played all three of their QBs and have tried multiple trick plays. Cal just had 99 yard TD return at the start of the second half. Also Sac missed two FGs. I'm not sure how to feel about the Hornets right now.
  • agalum

Their QB rotation seems to be #10 for short passes and runs and #12 for longer passes. 35-13 third quarter.
  • NCagalum
    Classic Eastern Washington - has to outscore opponents to win. If they make the playoffs, they will never advance far because of their porous defense.
  • NCagalum
    South Dakota up 14-0 on cal poly with about 12:00 left in first quarter. Poly secondary torched on second drive. Not looking good for poly.
  • CA Forever
    Wow EWU almost threw that game away, no defense whatsoever. This could be an ugly game for the Mustangs though... woof.
  • NCagalum
    poly just scored, but unless they they stiffen on d they will be in trouble. They are using a new qb.
  • NCagalum
    Both Weber and JMU making mistakes early. 3-3. Shaheed is Weber’s best weapon. Will need to kick into/out of end zone and have good punts to neutralize him. Nice to have Whelan.
  • CA Forever
    USD marches down the field unimpeded. This Poly defense is looking like tissue paper.
  • NCagalum
    ….wet tissue paper at that.
  • NCagalum
    JMU up 10-3. Weber offense looks out of sync with Johnson at qb and evidently a injury shuffled offensive line ( some bad snaps).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!