• BlueGoldAg
    Larison is on the sideline with a big brace and an ice pack on his right knee. There goes our offense.
  • NCagalum
    I feel sorry for Larison. That guy was trying to carry the whole offense on his back all year.
  • SochorField
    This one was over the moment Lan went out.
    Coaches have to find a way to get these guys back "up" for the rest of the battle.

It appears Miles has lost all confidence he had last year.
  • NCagalum
    Perez looks all braced up on the sidelines too. Season is not looking good.
  • SochorField
    Huge dose of Aggie Pride needed here.
  • SochorField
    Aggies have a shot if they can put together a long slow drive and punch one in
  • aggies07
    No late hit?
  • SochorField
    Questionable no-call there. Wow. That looked pretty late to me. Looked like the closest ref was looking for the eligible receiver in the area on the dump
  • CA Forever
    Of course the kick is blocked because why wouldn't it be
  • aggies07
    Did we put in the right kicker or the holder miss the ball?
    It looks like the ball will hit the lineman anyway
  • SochorField
    Looky looky .....a QB who can add another dimension to the offense seals the game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    And the EWU curse continues…
  • fugawe09
    Aggie Stadium official capacity is 10,743 but has been oversold on at least one occasion north of 14,000.
  • SochorField
    Such a tough break on that blocked kick. Man......tough loss.
  • fugawe09
    Sigh, another one slips away against Eastern. Lots of reasons. I don’t know that any injuries were intentional but I do think that Aaron Best would probably kneecap his own mother with an iron pipe if it meant 6 points.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Man driving across the Causeway back to Sacramento at night is no fun with all that construction going on...traffic jams, narrow lanes, lane shifts, glaring construction lights and people driving like they think they're immortal.
  • Toke69
    Just saw the final score. I'm disappointed, but not surprised once I read here that Larison was unable to return to the game. I saw him get hurt but hoped he'd get back. He really was the whole offense. It looks like they only netted 8 rushing yards after he left.
  • movielover
    I thought our offensive line was a strength? Or was one beastley D lineman too much?

I felt this coming. I've never understood Hawkins playing our 1s deep into the 3rd quarter, or even until the 4th, when we open against a far weaker opponent. I was hoping we'd go deeper into our bench on those games, now, or even during Hunter Rodriguez time as QB. They need reps.

Jon Grant on the radio thought we should take more shots down the field to soften up the D, and he commented on the low YPC for TT. (5 YPC?)
  • NCagalum
    ball was kicked at a low trajectory - not sure it would not have been blocked if kicked higher - but definitely low.
  • CA Forever
    While it would have been nice to tie it up on the FG, the reality is that we shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. The defense and LL did everything that they could to keep us in that game with the rest of the offense acting as almost nothing but a detriment to our chances of winning. Even with a mediocre passing game we come out of that one winners. Something needs to change though. We can't keep giving the ball away at the rate that we are and you can't expect to win games in the Big Sky with 0 passing capabilities.
  • agalum
    This one stung like the year we lost to S. Alabama. Something is obviously different with Miles this year compared to last. Lordy, he was the top QB on the stats sheet for completions, fewest pics, etc. The turnovers were the difference in this game. Even against Commerce, we had 4. Last night he made some really poor choices including throwing balls out of bounds making it impossible for the receiver to bring it in.
    Harper brings a few twists to the position. He’s a lefty and a much better scrambler than Miles. But our coaches never seem to make a QB change during the season.
    We are a middle of the pack Big Sky Team.
  • AggieFinn
    The biggest mistakes were those two turnovers early in the game that cost Davis 10 points. Having that field goal blocked when it mattered most just pours salt into the wound. Davis continues to struggle with good teams...same as last season, good enough to compete but no weapons to actually win the tough games. With Larison and Perez out, it's up to Hastings, he has to get more aggressive, and the playcalling has to be more aggressive, but that offensive linie just isn't elite - anybody with a flash of athleticism is smoking them to the QB.
  • Riveraggie
    The box score still has that error listing a defensive lineman who doesn’t wear #70 as a starter in the game in place of Eli Simonson. Four games in a row.
  • 88Aggie
    This one hurts. We just can't beat these guys. This is the first time I felt we were better though if that is any consolation. Really awful turnovers. Inconsistent play. Every year for the last 3 years or so, I come into the season really excited thinking this is the year we have a breakout stellar season. But we are not looking too good.

Larison is a stud. I had a feeling he could be as good or even better than Gilliam. Not sure what happened to all of our wide receivers. Crump no catches. Babb never any catches. It is all tight end and CJ Hutton for short passes. And for some reason Tompkins has become a main receiver. I love the guy but don't we have some talented wide receivers? Are they all sidelined because we have decided no pass will be longer than 10 yards?
  • Riveraggie
    The game was lost due to the turnovers that led directly to points, the lack of depth at running back which is unexplainable since this is now the fourth season where we are more of a run than pass focused team, and the defense allowing the first three drives of the second half to cover 227 yards.
    They made a half time adjustment and we had no counter to it.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The official attendance last night was 14,724. We really needed to win that game. That's a huge crowd for us and they went home disappointed. The question now is whether or not they'll come back.

I will say this, as great as it is to have such a big crowd, you would think that they could be more vocal is supporting the team in tight game like this against a conference team we have never beaten. It seems to me that at least half the people in the stands don't really pay much attention to the game. They spend most of the time just chatting with friends and sitting on their hands. Hell, most are even reluctant to stand up for the kickoffs which has been an Aggie tradition since the D2 days. I don't get it...
  • Riveraggie

The obvious thing that has changed is we have a new offensive coordinator and a new QB coach. The QB coach is new to being an assistant coach, is not from the program, and so may have a different approach. Not saying thats a bad thing, but its something different that Miles has to adjust to.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!