• movielover
    Big win for Idaho State.
  • AggieFinn
    Watching Wally's highlights here...North Dakota just boat raced the Bison last night, man what a stomp!
  • AggieFinn
    With all the upsets and round robin winning across the Big Sky...looks like it's all roads leading to Montana State and South Dakota State to me...and those two already had a hell of a football game earlier in the year.
  • cmt
    Unless I missed one (and there aren't many losses to miss), it's their worst loss since losing 37-6 to Cal Poly in 2005. They lost by 24 to South Dakota St in the title game last year and by 24 to Southern Illinois in the spring of 2021.
  • cmt
    Talk about a let down game. A week after hammering North Dakota State, North Dakota lost 27-0 to Northern Iowa today.
  • tokyoag
    FWIW: former Aggie McCallan Castles had a touchdown against Alabama.

https://youtu.be/orx-ehdDX3A?si=7RLC7NSzlA-VuwEq
  • smarterray
    Man, that's great to see, on such a big stage. Missing that guy on our field.
  • lucche
    Question for all

On a fake field goal attempt the holder takes the snap and he is on the turf, isn't that mean the play has ended because bhis knee is down when he catches the ball?
  • Russ Bowlus
    There's a specific exemption for kicking plays that keeps the ball live--otherwise the ball would be down as soon as the holder caught it on a regular kick.

NCAA rule 4, section 1, article 3:
    EXCEPTION: The ball remains alive when an offensive player has simulated a kick or at the snap is in position to kick the ball held for a place kick by a teammate. The ball may be kicked, passed or advanced by rule
  • lucche
    Thanks Russ. That answers my qurstion. I figured there was an exemption for a kick, but there was no kick.
  • agalum
    Wow, the Beavers take Stanford 62-17.
  • AggieFinn

Never saw such a butt-kicking, they ran all over Furd, it was embarrassing.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It looks like it was worse than the beating they gave us and it certainly makes Sac's win over them a whole lot less impressive as well.
  • NCagalum
    Jay Hill’s defense (BYU) got shredded by Iowa State. Their defense has been poor all year. A different beast when you playing Oklahoma instead of Oklahoma (Big XXII move).

I guess his $1 million salary takes the edge off. He seems pretty competitive and I wonder if he is wishing he was still at Weber State - probably not.
  • NCagalum
    Montana is not allowing the Bobcat band to attend brawl of the wild. Not a good look for Montana administration if you ask me. From what I understand it’s just to get a few more bucks, and not concern over safety/bad behavior. As Hawk said in his press conference, money can warp what is good about college football.
  • cmt
    Random thing I came across. South Dakota St is 11-0 this year, including 8-0 in the 12-team MVFC. There are three bad teams in the MVFC. SDSt didn't play any of those three which means the played and beat each of the next best 8 teams in the conference.
  • AggieFinn

They also beat Montana State to open the season.
  • AggieFinn
    FBS, but damn, New Mexico State is a program on fire:
  • AggieFinn
    Does anybody have any feelings for the FBS Playoff Selection Committee's teams?

1. Michigan
    2. Washington
    3. Texas
    4. Alabama

Two key 'snubs':
    1. Undefeated Florida State, who scraped together wins @ Florida and vs. a ranked Louisville team to finish their undefeated ACC Championship Season, despite the late loss of star QB Jordan Travis.
    2. 1 loss Georgia, who lost the SEC Championship game but was ranked No. 1 all year, certainly haven't looked dominant all season, but a loss to a No. 7 team is all it took to knock Georgia out.

Clearly the committee had no interest putting FSU in given their current state on offense...as for Georgia, close wins vs. South Carolina, @ Auburn, @ Georgia Tech and then the close loss to Bama.
  • DaddyAggie
    I think it is unfortunate that FSU went undefeated and still did not make the playoff. They scheduled a tough OOC opponent and won handily (LSU) and beat out a weak but still Power 5 ACC competition. As a coach and a player there, there isn’t anything more you can do. However, this was always bound to happen due to there being 4 playoff spots and 5 power conferences. One conference champ is gonna miss it and it happened to be FSU.

As for Georgia, they should be behind Alabama no matter what since the result of their head-to-head game and their identical records.

I will say that of all the sentiment that I have heard online regarding the committee's decisions is saying how Alabama stole FSU's spot. But isn't Texas also in that same position where they're a one-loss conference champ? Many people are also complaining about their SEC bias, but there's one guy on the committee who's affiliated with the SEC (Kentucky AD), and the head of the committee is the NC State AD. Kind of interesting to think about.

I think the committee made the right decision overall. Michigan and Washington were two locks to make it, and they felt that Texas & Bama > FSU. Maybe if Jordan Travis is healthy, they make it but who knows? Their SOS is 55th, compared to Texas (13th) and Bama (5th). I feel for every FSU fan, but it is what it is. Hopefully the 12-team format next year will eliminate many deserving teams being snubbed out, although the 13th ranked team will almost definitely throw a fit. All of this to say, you can't please everybody.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies know about feeling "snubbed and left out" even with a 24 team playoff. We may have been #25 twice now in the eyes of the selection committee.
  • DaddyAggie
    Yep. Very unfortunate. It sucks knowing that the Ags have deserved to make it but have been screwed over. I still think the FCS playoffs are infinitely better than the FBS.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yes, the FCS playoffs are political too but nothing like the big time programs. What a rat race!
  • movielover
    FWIW, Andy Avalos out at Boise.
  • cmt
    I think the selection was less "we need to keep Florida State out" and more "we need to get Bama in there". Because Texas has a solid resume and convincingly beat Bama in Tuscaloosa, they couldn't justify taking Bama over Texas. So Florida State was the convenient solution. I think if Georgia had beaten Alabama on Saturday, they would have taken the four undefeated teams and Texas gets left out.
  • 72Aggie
    There would be rioting in the streets if the SEC wasn’t in the playoff.
  • aggiedt60
    The SEC "just means more" lol
  • agalum
    Perhaps Cal’s next game will interest us more now than it would have a few weeks ago.
    Cal, 6-6, at Texas Tech Red Raiders, 6-6, 6:15 pm Saturday 12/16 ESPN
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!