• NCagalum
    Great catch by Davis.
  • CA Forever
    I wouldn't hold your breath on it changing any time this season. Hastings just not appear to be the same guy that he was last season. A lot of bad reads, total lack of mobility, and has trouble getting the ball deep down field. That's a perfect storm for turnovers.
  • NCagalum
    How many times have they let the play clock go to 0?
  • CA Forever
    Ridley FG good. Lumberjacks leading 17-13
  • DaddyAggie
    Offense is so limited in the redzone
  • SochorField
    Feeling I get from watching the first half.....Aggies a better team, but beating themselves.

If they can clean it up in the second half, they should win by a couple scores.
  • Amurden
    I've never been a Hastings fan. He doesn't see the field well. The offense always feels clunky with him. And has been mentioned before, he doesn't create anything.
  • CA Forever
    Interception! Aggies have 18 seconds and 1 timeout
  • NCagalum
    261 to 80 yards. Just shows you what turnovers (especially a long pick 6) will effect the game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I don't see that happening with an anemic offense that's prone to turnovers. We're certainly still in the game but I don't see us winning by two scores. I hope you're right though!
  • CA Forever
    Ridley 57 yard FG attempt... not even in the same area code of being good
  • Zander
    maybe someone has posted this question already but how much of Hastings’ insane stats from last season were either against very bad teams or were YAC by Tompkins and the listed RBs?

He’s not untalented and sure winning the games you’re supposed to win and getting the ball to playmakers in space are part of being a good QB, but it feels like he hasn’t really developed since a mediocre first season and is only as good as the talent around him
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags have 275 yards to NAU's 80 and we still trail by 4 points. How frustrating that has to be for the team. They need to come out with a chip on they're shoulders in the second half.
  • CA Forever
    Total yards
    UCD - 275
    NAU - 80

Passing
    Hastings - 11/20 164 1 TD 1 INT (lead to a TD) 1 Fumble (returned for TD)

Defense played lights out, but that QB line is all you need to see... it's been the story all season
  • NCagalum
    I think his biggest limitation is not being able to extend (and make) plays out of the ordinary. Then again, when I watch other big sky and other FCS quarterbacks, he doesn’t look that bad. In Big Sky, I think Chambers and Mallot combo is best, then maybe McCoy of Idaho, but the others, even those who can run some, are quite inconsistent.

#edit. I forgot about Cook, the QB for Idaho State. He looks good.
  • agalum
    Hawk always seems real high on Miles. He praises his audibles and defensive reads. I do remember hearing early in the season that he was dealing with some “issues” that was affecting his play. I have no idea whether it was injuries or something else. But even these announcers said the same thing i did earlier, he just doesn’t look sharp. Especially in the red zone. That last endzone pass wasn’t even close. If he could scramble it would be a game changer.
  • CA Forever
    He just doesn't have a D1 skillset. You can't be a pure pocket passer, but be inaccurate/unable to get the ball downfield. Maier had stone feet too, but could get the ball way in the heck downfield.
  • movielover
    A ton of dumpoffs to UG for decent yardage.
  • NCagalum
    if it is possible, I’d say ram it down their throats but with Larison being on a apparent pitch count I don’t know if that would work. Tompkins is a shifty but not pounding runner. Portland State ran it down their throats but maybe they have made adjustments.
  • movielover
    Let's hope we make halftime adjustments today.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We haven't been good at making halftime adjustments that were very effective this year.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Defense played lights out,CA Forever

...and they've done it with Tattersall and Connors both going out with injuries.
  • NCagalum
    Continued personnel issues and play clock.
  • agalum
    We might need our precious time outs late in the game. Lets not piss them away now.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Is this on the coaches not being on the same page so they can't get the right players on the field?
  • NCagalum
    I would say yes. Got to be thinking ahead.
  • BlueGoldAg
    No kidding...these TO's because we can't get the right people on the field is unacceptable!
  • DaddyAggie
    Coaching is gonna lose us the game
  • BlueGoldAg
    How'd you like that creative call up the gut again?
  • agalum
    NAU keying on Larison. Time to mix it up
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!