• CA Forever
    GF8BCWdbgAAzu0b?format=jpg&name=medium

If anyone makes it out to any of the practices or the spring game make sure to let us know if you spot anything interesting. I wonder if the spring game will be available for streaming on youtube or the athletics website.

No roster has been posted yet.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I wonder what the "Finding joy with the ball coach - Peets coffee North Davis" is all about?
  • agalum

Coach Plough met with Sochor weekly at Peets, where he was “finding joy.” Hawk used to have a weekly breakfast at bear diner. I’m guessing the weekly Peets is similar, where you can visit with the coach over coffee. I’m hoping to make a few, and would love to sit in on the qb room meetings.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Be sure to let us know how these meet ups go if you get to attend a few.
  • Riveraggie
    If you sit in on the QB room meetings report who the coach is. i think Plough will be spread thin if he is the head coach, OC and QB coach. That would be a good question over coffee.
  • agalum

“ i think Plough will be spread thin if he is the head coach, OC and QB coach”
    I actually asked him about this, sort of, privately at the signing party. He made it clear he was going to be calling the plays. How this plays out with the other positions is a mystery to me. Trey Shimabukuro is listed as the assistant coach, offensive. Interestingly, he was a qb at Western Oregon University and subsequently was their qb coach. Might he be the qb coach?

“ This past season, he helped guide one of the top passing attacks in the country and in the process helped WOU make history by clinching a share of the program’s first Great Northwest Athletic Conference title. WOU passed for 2,452 yards and 21 touchdowns, while overall averaging over 34 points per game and piled up 5,119 yards and 53 total touchdowns on offense.”
    https://wouwolves.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/trey-shimabukuro/651
  • Riveraggie
    He was most recently the OC at Willamette. He has a QB technique video on the internet. He is likely who is the acting QB coach now.
    The tight end coach Taylor Chapatte, and the running back coach have also been QB coaches elsewhere. Taylor Chapatte coached QBs at University of San Diego, Kevin Burke at D3 Mount Union.
  • Riveraggie
    The UC Davis football X account has a video of a pass completion thrown by #11. #11 last year belonged to Mitchell Dixon. I don’t know if he is wearing the number, but it might mean he has switched back from TE.
  • movielover
    PAC 2 news over in the OT section.
  • CA Forever
    With the Spring Game being a week away, has anyone heard if there is going to be a streaming set up for those of us who don't live in the area?
  • agalum

I’ll ask today.
  • movielover
    Feedback on QBs, esp the new Freshman.
  • agalum

The spring game will not be streamed this year but athletics plans to stream it next year.
  • CA Forever
    bummer, well hopefully folks here who make it out to the game can give us a little bit of a review
  • Riveraggie
    Hope they release a spring roster online prior to end of spring practice.
    Plough said on the Hawaii basketball game last week that confirmed Zach Kennedy was on the team. He listed Mateo Perez, Winston Williams as having had a “great camp”.
  • CA Forever
    Hopefully they get a good crowd for the spring game tonight. The coaches have been advertising it pretty heavily on social media and around campus.
  • agalum

I had coffee with several of the coaches yesterday, including Coach Plough. They are all excited about the spring game. Last week i attended their meeting and practice. I can summarize by saying Coach Plough has put together a very impressive group of coaches and a very detail oriented program for excellence. But they need some help, especially for the coaches’ capitol fund to support meals for the players. This is a separate fund raiser from Team Aggie donations. If you can contribute, please consider.
  • DrMike
    I thought an interesting fact you shared with me is that they are inviting some 400 recruits tonight!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Holy smokes, that's a huge number of recruits! I'm sure we've never done anything like that before or, at least, not with that big a number. You've gotta love the energy and vision that Plough is bringing to the program. I can't wait to see how what he builds here.
  • agalum

I think coach said the most they’ve ever had was 80. These kids, and their parents, are coming from all over with a large socal contingent as well as kids all the way from Hawaii!
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's impressive!
  • BlueGoldAg
    For those of you that are able to attend the spring game today, please post a good review the attendance, what you saw and how it went. I think it should be a pretty exciting event!
  • movielover
    That's a wide net. We typically offer 60 or 80?
  • agalum

Its not offers, maybe more accurately invitations to learn about the program.
  • movielover
    Understood. Maybe we invited more P5 type prospects to see if they enjoy our vibe and coaches.
  • agalum
    Good turn out tonight, much better then previous spring games. Miles was throwing bullets. It was hard for me to ascertain what to expect next year. The potential recruits and their parents were easy to spot. I wish they would have had a brochure with the updated jersey numbers. My kids and grandkids enjoyed themselves, and it was nice talking mbb and football with Dr. Mike.
  • abridge
    I could hear the announcer while I cooked on the deck tonight. I'm a little bit worried about the guy and hope he comes down from whatever took control. [grin]
  • agalum

I think it was Darius.
  • DrMike
    it’s always good to chat with you and the family. As for the ‘game’, I was a bit underwhelmed. The constant music and constant sideline banter was a real distraction to me from the action on the field. Seemed to take away some interest from the between quarter activities too.

As AgAlum said to me, having some kind of program would have been nice to help us identify who was who. Like the backup QB.
  • Riveraggie
    Just have a spring roster, everyone could have used their phone, and costs virtually nothing.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!