• BlueGoldAg
    As for the ‘game’, I was a bit underwhelmed.DrMike

Did any players stand out for you? Was there anything else in particular that looked impressive or not so impressive? How big was the crowd?
  • movielover
    Did we see our new Frosh QB?
  • ARI53
    Watched most of the game last night (came late). In addition to Hastings, looked like Rasor and Harper got into the game at QB. Hastings did not look sharp with his last two possessions ending in INTs and several other passes dropped . . . by defenders. I was hoping to see Hastings with improved footwork and a few more down field throws . . .did not see that. Early days but I believe Miles will be ready by the time the season rolls around.

Good to see Larison NOT in a knee-brace, both him and Perez played in the scrimmage, both looked healthy.

Also nice to see Dixon (former QB) make some catches as a TE.

I thought Porter Conners looked good at LB.

I was curious about our D-line and it was good to seek Kennedy. However, does anyone know what happened to Evan Bearden and Noa Masui?

Did not see several players in the game (hurt?) including Tompkins, Fisher, and Budget

In addition to a spring roster, my only feedback to the atmosphere is that it would have been nice to have a game announcer (like a regular game) instead of the constant sideline chatter. At least with the announcer, we would know who was making plays.
  • DrMike
    don’t know - not sure what number he was!

Looked like the first backup was #2, then Harper.

Watching the scrimmage was like watching old wrestling matches where the bad guy was from ‘parts unknown’. Lots of mystery players.

I thought Miles looked sharp and more mobile. Maybe having a QB whisperer back will help.

Hard to estimate the crowd since a bunch of folks were standing along the concourse. With them, west side was close to 1/2 full.
  • Riveraggie

Noa Masui has been out essentially since the Cal game in 2022. He made a couple of appearances at end of seasom in 2022, and had a tackle. Didn’t participate in a game in 2023.
    Bearden would be a sixth year player, and would probably be a starter if he came back.
    Both are examples of why it would be good to have a roster to show who is coming back. Either of those players might just call it a career.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I just don't get the appeal of spring games. I know in places like the south or the midwest, 50-100k attend them. I went to one at Davis when I was a student during the late Biggs era and holy cow it was sooooo boring.
  • Riveraggie
    Who is the QB whisperer? Plough? Was someone the QB position coach?
  • eastbayaggie

I agree. I went one year, and I had no idea if a play was good or bad.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!