• CA Forever
    Yeah I saw that Taylor had a visit from Navy and that in the tweet about our offer he says that it is his 2nd offer, but I wasn't able to confirm what school was his first offer.
  • CA Forever
    New offer out! GO AGS!

RB Emari Demercado out of Downey High School

• CA Forever
    Another new offer out! GO AGS!

K Max O'Rourke out of American River College. Originally from Rocklin and signed with Boise State as a kicker before transferring to ARC. Also played QB in high school. Seems like an unusual offer to me, unless Blair is dropping out of the program. Don't usually carry multiple kickers.

• CA Forever
    OL Creston Cooledge has committed to Weber State.
  • Aggie57
    CA Forever-when you look at virtually every FCS roster you see they carry at least 2 kickers and 1 punter. At FBS level you usually see 3 or 4 kickers and 2 punters. Typically you have 1 kicker and 1 punter on scholarship, with the rest recruited walk ons or just walk ons. It looks like new kicker offer is preferred walk on as kicker Blair and the new punter Whalen are on scholarship.
    Aggies have carried 2 kickers and a punter in the recent past and split the kick off and FG duties between the 2 kickers. Typically one of the kickers also is back up punter as Blair is (he was 5 star punter on Chris Sailer website as well as 5 star kicker).
    For this season it looks like the new recruit is being brought in as back up kicker as Blair would seem to be starting kicker, with kick off job up for grabs between Blair and Whelan and maybe the new recruit if he has the leg. We are fortunate to have a solid kicking game which can make the difference in close games which we are likely to face this season.
  • CA Forever
    Got it. I think the kicking game could and should be an open competition. Blair wasn't bad last year, but there was definitely room for improvement. He went 11/16, 2 of the misses were blocks. He also only made 33/39 PATs.
  • movielover
    Would be nice to have a kicker who could nail 55+ yard FGs.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Are there any more Aguayo brothers out there? :D
  • movielover
    Imagine a close game, or not... And Hawk brings in our rookie kicker to attempt a 60-yard FG... Oh yeah! Aggie Pack will love that...
  • ucdavisaggie05
    As long as it happens before halftime.... :-|
  • Bige70
    I think Hawk may be more strategic in his usage of the kicking game than ol' Field Gould...
  • movielover
    ...and more creative. I see lots of flexibility with these additions.
  • CA Forever
    Gavin Reinwald has committed to Hawaii.
  • CA Forever
    DJ Taylor visiting this weekend. Apparently we also have new helmets.

• BlueGoldAg
    Ho...flashly helmet!
  • CA Forever
    LAVC LB Eric Flowers also took an official visit today. Another view of the helmet.

• CA Forever
    Already committed Devon King took his official today! GO AGS!

• aggie6thman
    Montell Bland has committed to UCD.
  • CA Forever
    Awesome! Updating the list! GO AGS!
  • movielover
    20 commits and counting... a busy time.
  • CA Forever
    WR Logan Montgomery has dropped his commitment from Princeton and has committed to UCD!!!! This is a huge commitment! He had 16 offers... wow, did not see this one coming.

• BlueGoldAg
    Apparently we cast a pretty wide net. Here's a player Summerville, Georgia, that ESPN shows we offered but he committed to Charlotte: Michael Adams, 6'0 297 DT

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/220561/michael-adams
  • zythe

Was this Hawkins or Gould's doing?
  • CA Forever
    Well... he originally committed to Princeton before Gould was let go I believe. He took his official to Princeton 2 weekends ago and his official to Davis this last weekend. Must have made an impression.
  • aggie6thman
    Wade Willett to Cal Poly.
  • CA Forever
    Willet is a good pickup for Poly. As I've mentioned before, they are putting together a strong class. That being said, we've added numerous weapons so far. Here's to hoping they all sign in Feb.
  • NewGuy
    Logan Montgomery actually committed to Princeton (11/25/16) a few days after Gould's termination. Also, his twitter states financial, academic and athletic motivations for "flipping" his commitment, As we know, Ivy League schools don't offer Athletic Scholarships.
  • CA Forever
    Yeah I saw he reasoning in the post. I thought he had committed earlier than that, but thanks for the info. Regardless, he had 16 offers (including several from the Big Sky) and he chose us, that is awesome news for the program.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I remember reading someplace that, although the Ivies don't give athletic scholarships, they do other things that can make it more reasonable financially for their athletes. I guess Harvard changed the rigor of their academic standards and now admits athletes they used to not be able to recruit. These changes have made Harvard, Yale and Princeton very competitive in many sports.
  • movielover
    Yes. And they reportedly sometimes give out the "south YOLO county business grant", etc., which just happens to go to a SA stud.

Big get. Logan recently "liked" posts from Plough and Pat McCann. If McCann played a positive role / conduit after he was let go, that really speaks to his character. My guess is yes.

Going back East is tough, esp if you're 18, 19. Being from SoCal, his family, friends, maybe even girlfriend can roadtrip and see numerous games per year in Davis / Cali.

21 signings and counting ...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!