• Toke69
    Milwaukee is part of the University of Wisconsin system. It is in the Horizon Conference along with its sister campus Green Bay. It's hard to judge how good/bad they are because their two losses are to Power 5 Schools, Purdue and Iowa State, both of whom are undefeated as of this writing, and both their wins are over non-NCAA Div. 1 schools. It appears that Sac State's lack of depth cost them against us, but that will not likely be a problem for the Panthers, who have 13 players averaging double minutes per game. This could be because they have a new coach, Bart Lundy, who is trying out various rotations to see what works. This makes it hard to figure out who the Aggies need to be wary of. Milwaukee loss to St. Thomas does not provide any insights, as 9 of their players logged double digit minutes and 14 say some time including 7' 1" Moses Bol, cousin of Manute Bol. The Ags are part of the Cream City Classic, a four team tournament including Southeast Missouri State and Boston U. whom UCD will play on consecutive days before coming home to play Pacific. The first game is going to be broadcast on ESPN+.
  • Toke69
    Thanks. I think ESPN had not added the Sac State win when I wrote that.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags will be actually be playing 3 games in 3 days in Milwaukee during the Cream City Classic. Milwaukee is our first game on Saturday and then we play Southeast Missouri State on Sunday and Boston University on Monday. I expect the game against Milwaukee will be tough. Basketball is a big deal in the Midwest and a lot of these smaller schools field very good teams.
  • Toke69
    Yikes, I need to stop relying on ESPN for everything. On their site, it looks like the Ags are home against SEMS and Boston. I just checked the UCD website and they even have the latter two games "at" UCD. I suppose that's because the Cream City Classic designates us as the home team. How did you find this out? When I googled "Cream City Classic" I got a baseball tournament in April and a swimming race.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I went to the Milwaukee Men's Basketball website and looked at their schedule. All the info is shown on their schedule.

https://mkepanthers.com/sports/mens-basketball
  • OldAggieAlum
    The Milwaukee site has links to YouTube addresses for watching the other two games that are not on ESPN+.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRIPtcm9S1Y
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItrRuGjErHE
  • BlueGoldAg
    Milwaukee is now 2-3 after losing today to St Thomas (MN) 74-72. St Thomas (Summit League) is now 5-2.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Toke, this game is scheduled for 2 p.m. PT not 10 a.m. You might want to edit the start time in the topic line.
  • Toke69
    I forgot it isn't on the west coast!
  • Toke69
    I see that ESPN's analytics give UC Davis only a 28.7% chance of beating the Panthers.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Good start for the Ags. 12-4 after 5 mins
  • Toke69
    Officials calling this close, lots of fouls and traveling calls.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Yeah very close.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Pretty entertaining game so far. And the Milwaukee announcer is good.
  • agalum
    50% on free throws. Got to improve that stat.
  • agalum
    Unforced turnovers are not helping.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    And cut down on turnovers
  • BlueGoldAg
    Sloppy basketball by the Aggies.
  • agalum
    Lose’ looked like he was limping at the end of the half. I think we’re lucky to only be down by 3 at the half considering some sloppy play.
  • BlueGoldAg
    39-36 Milwaukee at the half. The Panthers have 15 points of Aggie turnovers. Rebounding and turnovers have been the difference so far.
  • Toke69
    Their announcer has said that Milwaukee has done a good job of forcing turnovers, but I saw at least 4 that were the result of sloppy or careless passing. I also thought the Aggies were forcing too many shots on drives as opposed to settling for a mid-range jumper. The one stat that strikes me is the 27.3% shooting from the 3 point arc.
  • Toke69
    I noticed that the Panthers non-starters have scored all but 11 of their points. As for the Aggies, all but 6 of their points are from the starters. T Y Johnson is having a really good game. He's shooting 100% (6 of 6), but it seems like Pepper is not looking for his shot. He's only 1 of 2 from 3.
  • agalum
    Panthers getting offensive rebounds until they get the hoop. We are better than this.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We're getting out hustled on the boards.
  • Toke69
    I wonder if Pepper is 100%? He doesn't seem injured, but we're sure missing his scoring.
  • agalum
    We’re not shooting any 3s. I wonder if that was planned. But the Panthers are overall playing with a lot more energy
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Perimeter defense better. Milwaukee getting in foul trouble. We need to hit our free throws
  • Toke69
    Ags have taken 17 threes. Problem is they've only hit 5. And 10/17 from the foul line.

I don't see any real bias by the refs, but I still don't like it when they call it so close. It not only interrupts the flow of the game, but it inflates the number of foul shots, which should not be (but often is, I know) the decisive factor is a game.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Not sure I’ve seen the Ags push the ball so much. Just got a layup off of a made free throw.
  • agalum

And we’re 58% to their 70% on FTs.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!