• Thetoe
    Hawk and Coach Speckman were at the Granite Bay -Pittsburg Nor Cal bowl game last night. I would be interested to know who they were watching.
  • DrMike
    as much as it pains an Antioch guy to say this, Toe, but 'congratulations to the Pirates, and good luck in the State Final!'
  • Thetoe
    Thanks Mike. interestingly, Hawk and Speckman were on the Granite Bay side and the Sac St coaches were on the Pittsburg side.
  • CA Forever
    We do have a confirmed offer on 6'7 TE Ryan Smith from Granite Bay.
  • movielover
    ... along w San Diego, Nevada, Air Force...
  • Thetoe
    Good player. He caught a touchdown pass last night.
  • movielover
    Under the radar offer.

OT Kyle Whitesides of El Toro, Lakeside. 6' 4.5", 275#s. Via twitter. Also has an offer from Indiana Weslyan.
  • movielover
    DE Zak Ritner committed to Hawaii. Via Twitter.
  • CA Forever
    Sorry it's taken me a while to update the list. Life was pretty hectic for the last couple of weeks. List should be updated now including the commitment of Chris Kane to Air Force.
  • 69aggie
    Sac bee had a fine article about a Placer County HS football player who was homeless and still played and did well in class. I am reminded that we had a star defensive lineman who was also homeless as a college player and lived in Hickey during his last year in college. I am dating myself with this as it was a very long time ago. This player was drafted and played for the (I believe) the Raiders or Chargers. So, this is a quiz: what was his name? Where is he now? I know the answer to the first question but not the second.
  • Goags20172
    Lol you already kind of dated yourself with the 69 in your username, assuming 69 is for 1969 and not just your favorite number:D

The Lekkerkerker boys played for both of those teams between them
  • 69aggie
    Sorry WRONG!!! I’m even older than that. Next?
  • movielover
    Rich Martini?

Coach Hawkins is confident in his recruiting powers, so I sure hope he lands some stud lineman who can help next year.

FWIW, former Aggie Jordan Allen has blown up as a DE at SFCC. He has named his top 5 list.

SJ State (yawn)
    Nebraska
    ASU
    Colorado
    TCU

And it looks like Tennessee has jumped in. Ckeck out the photo here with ASU coach.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dontsleeponj/status/941529190616018944/photo/2
  • zythe
    Why did Jordan Allen leave?
  • movielover
    He redshirted here, converting from WR to DE. One explanation was unsettled by coaching change, he also said he wanted to try a shot at a higher level.
  • 69aggie
    Movie, close, but it was Tom Williams DL early 70s,
  • movielover
    Wow. No one offerred him a couch or spare bed? Doesn't make sense back then in tiny Davis.
  • CA Forever
    DB Chris Mitchell has committed to Boise State.
  • CA Forever
    Woah QB Brock Purdy has received a preferred walk offer from Alabama
  • CA Forever
    That would be my guess. Even if it's not a full offer right now, tough to turn down the opportunity to play for Bama. Just kind of funny that his only offers right now are FCS and low level FBS... and then Bama comes in with the walk on offer. Purdy DOMINATED the state of Arizona this last season. 4,400 yards with 65% completions, 57 TDs, QB rating of 136. On top of all of that he had 1000 yards rushing. Those are video game numbers.
  • movielover
    We have a stud QB commit and a second we are looking at seriously. Preparing for life after Maier.
  • CA Forever
    Helix didn't run a super pass happy offense, but Baker was impressive when called upon. The other guy you are talking about had a pretty nice season as well. Purdy would be a huge get though. I'm not sure why he hasn't gotten more attention than he has. He has decent size and ridiculous stats. It will be interesting to see which of our commitments sign in the early signing period coming up in a couple of days.

Also I wouldn't quite worry about losing Jake yet, he was just a sophomore this last season and his chances of going pro (especially a season early) I would say are slim given his size, although I don't particularly like that reasoning.
  • movielover
    I wasn't suggesting Maier would leave early. Prepping early is key. A recruit now could RS one year, backup as a Frosh, and then be primed for action.

Second young man had 3100 yards, over 600 rushing, and 54 TDs. (Boise is now sniffing around.)
  • CA Forever
    TE Ryan Smith has committed to Nevada. Looks like we are out of the TE game at the moment.
  • movielover
    We have our eyes on a sleeper who I won't name.
  • CA Forever
    I'm sure we have our eyes on guys for every position on the field, I was strictly speaking about players that have offers though. I'm starting to get pretty excited about the early signing period not only to see which of our commits sign, but to see if there will be any surprise signings. I wouldn't expect all of our commits to sign early though.
  • agalum
    Carson Baker played against Folsom yesterday. La Mesa lost, but this kid is going to be a good one for us. Real pro style QB, and 6’5” with some motors.
    http://www.hudl.com/v/28PgpV
  • agalum
    6’3”. Theres another Carson Baker thats 6’5” appaently, lineman
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!