• movielover
    Is Da'von Frazier a new signee? Congrats!

With all due respect, Coach Plough was off the mark on 2 tweets. We have a 46% acceptance rate, not 6%. And rambling on twitter to an 18 year old doesn't sound like humility or integrity. Speckman or Hawk should talk to him, if he was my DR they would have been down an hour ago. No whining or lecturing.

Congratulations to Baker for signing with his hometown team... though he should remove his pinned tweet / commit to the Aggies.

CAForever - that's why we use verbal!

Gunnertime!!?? Kid can scoot, over 600 yards rushing!
  • CA Forever
    I totally understand Plough's frustration though. Baker has been committed for a long time and then just bam tossed us to the curb in a matter of days. We can use the word verbal but most of these kids just use the word commitment. I just think there has to be a better word because when I am committed to something I am 100% dedicated to following through on whatever it was.
  • CA Forever
    WR Justin Kraft has signed!
  • CA Forever
    OL Ari Sallus has signed!
  • movielover
    I gotcha, so we saw this coming for days. How is it "humble" to whine on twitter? ... and we have a 46% acceptance rate, less than 6% of applicants eventually enroll.

I hope we land 1 or 2 Juco guys for the defense.
  • CA Forever
    Not justifying Plough's reaction, just that I understand the reaction. These guys put a lot of work into the recruiting and then to have a guy drop you a couple days before signing day must be gut wrenching. It's the name of the game, but still...

In terms of the statistics that he was throwing out, I don't know what to say. Not my area of expertise, but they should probably double check those things before posting.
  • movielover
    Not denying we offer a great education. But today kids apply to 8, 10, 12 schools, and weigh offers, grants, etc. We compete w UCLA, Harvard, Stanford. It's there on Google.

Yeah, when I saw David Justice tweet Baker, and saw they signed his stud WR son, I knew it was over.

Maybe CB reads AST, he finally removed his UCD pinned commit.
  • CA Forever
    We got a signee I knew nothing about.

OL Jordan Ford from Del Campo High School in Fair Oaks has signed!
  • movielover
    6'2", 270#s... lotta pancakes on that film!

Congrats to Jordan and our staff.
  • CA Forever
    ATH Tyler Saikhon has signed as a DB!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Plough has every right to express his disappointment. We don't know what went on with Plough and Baker over time and we don't know what their communication has been in the last few days. My guess is that Plough had had good communication with Baker and had spent some time with him and perhaps even his family and felt stung when Baker bailed.

I don't judge Baker for his decision either; it's 100% his choice. I hope it was a wise decision and that he doesn't end up warming the bench most of his career.

I also believe CA Forever makes a great point about what "commitment" means. For all we know, Plough may not have seen this coming and felt that Baker was truly committed to playing for the Aggies.

The Aggies and Baker will move on...
  • CA Forever
    ATH Chris Venable has also signed on as a DB. That's 4 DB's so far.
  • CA Forever
    That also leaves DE Cade Peacock as our only known commitment left to sign, but he has been retweeting all of the Davis signings so as far as I know he is still on board.
  • movielover
    The minute a HS kid gets a coveted offer from his hometown team, you know its 50-50 at best. He can see Mom, keep his girlfriend, etc. We knew this, that's why we were courting another QB. Negative tweets are just that. We know what 'smart man' Plough was likely referring to, and I promise you he wouldn't put those 2 tweets up. #NoWhining

Cade Peacock is following our commits! Great day.
  • movielover
    Lots of DBs... versatile athletes?

And one unnamed DLine stud.
  • CA Forever
    From what I can tell from maxpreps stats, 3 out of our 4 DB signees played on both sides of the ball. All of them are listed at 6'0 or taller too!
  • CA Forever
    And Cade Peacock has signed, that's all of the known commitments signed!
  • movielover
    Santa promised me 2 DLinemen, 1 a Juco product.
  • movielover
    QB Gunnor Faulk offered a PWO at UNR. GF also following the Aggies closely. #MobileQBNightmare?

And DE Jordan Allen is now considered a top-10 nationwide Juco recruit? Woo. Announcement tonight at 6PM. Tennessee bum rushed his top 5 to make it top 6.
  • aggie6thman
    Isn't that why it is called a "verbal" commitment?
  • CA Forever
    This has already been brought up and the "verbal" part of the statement, while still inherent, often gets forgotten in their commitments. Even with the word "verbal" included I still think that there has to be a better term for it. Like I said, the word commitment to me means dedication, yet the word commitment in the world of football recruiting means next to nothing with how often they get dropped.
  • aggie6thman
    Posted before I went to the last page. Agree with you.
  • movielover

How about this: Dating, but in an Open Relationship?
  • CA Forever
    I don't think we should focus on what we lost, but the studs that we did bring in today!
  • 69aggie
    That’s a lot of facts and figures about a lot of players; but did we get the players to improve our very poor defensive play this year. I guess there were people who felt bad about of Carson, but we have a very good QB. And a not so bad offense. We had a terrible defense. Was anything done to rectify that?
  • lucche
    DE Jordan Allen commits to Tennessee
  • movielover
    Million dollar question. Roster already updated. I thought DB was a strength, adding 4 we're at 18. Cade Peacock looks like a stud, so maybe he helps, but its rare when a true freshman is an impact player. Parenteau did, and Connor Airey had a solid year (23 tackles), but it seems like we need to add someone to bring some heat. 14 DL, will we add one from the Jucos?

What system are we running?
  • CA Forever
    RB Mike Mauai has signed with Navy.
  • movielover
    QB Brock Purdy has been offered by Boise St, but won't make a decision until Feb.
  • SoCalAggie
    While this isn't 2018 recruiting related it's still a recruiting question.

When Doss was coming in, what was his star and poisition rank? Same question for Maier.

Did they have any notable schools that we beat out as well?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!