• OldAggie
    I think its great that we are all excited about Aggie Football again, but as Movielover said above, we need to stay humble. We have not won a game against a single quality opponent (PSU is 0-4, NDU is 1-4, and San Diego is non-scholarship). The one ranked FCS team we played destroyed us. This game will be our second chance at really seeing where we are as a program against our competition. If we get waxed,I'm not sure I will feel like this is anything different than before other than the "prospect of a brighter future." I'll be cheering, as always win or lose, but I sure hope we can get a W against these guys. I'm sure there will be lots of recruits in the house...this is a huge game for the Ags.
  • movielover
    +1. My heart says we win, my head days we lose by 17.

We have 1 Doss, they have 2, and probably a 3rd who hasn't had a chance yet. Hawk admitted in today's Enterprise that UND was wiped out by injuries. Which included their top FCS DB and the whole linebacking crew and half the O line.

Go Ags!
  • OldAggie
    If we beat a ranked conference team, or even one with a winning record, I'll start to get excited. First chance is Saturday. We do have Wes Preece, a stud TE, and his contributions will be absolutely vital this weekend. We won't win this game if we can't keep their offense off the field. As always, the offense has a big role in keeping EWU points off the board by keeping their O on the sidelines. If we have repeated 3 and outs or short drives, we get waxed.
  • Riveraggie
    Regarding the importance of this game, I think its hugely important because its next. I'm excited to think we might win. I don't think we're really a solid team that will put together a long win streak, and if you look at it as though we're just competitive with the other league members, and will win about half of those games, does it really matter which ones? I don't want us to lose any, but I think the most important thing is to sweep all FCS teams in California by beating cal poly and sac. Our team is getting better each week as its a new situation that players and coaches are adjusting to. Maybe EW is too big a test this soon, but maybe not.
  • SochorField
    I agree about beating Poly and Sac (and USD)

Winning California is key for recruiting and exposure.
  • movielover
    Will we have Ryan P back?
  • SochorField
    Was going to comment on that as well. He is near essential this week.
  • movielover
    Hawkins has been saying our DB crew is very deep, so this Saturday will be a test. If true, congrats to Coach Gould and staff as they filled that void.
  • agalum
    About to buy my seats on the grass and cheer hard for our Ags!

Hey baseball, i have one extra ticket if you want it. I plan to be at the brewfest before the game. If you want it message me and we can figure it out. But i should be easy to spot, handsome fella with an Aggie football shirt
  • AggieFinn
    The tailgate is always on fellas. Spots 16 and 15. Brewfest: agalum, Mike and Shirley and myself will be there
  • DrMike
    To stay with these guys, we’ll need a pass rush in order to make some stops. That hasn’t been a strength of ours. Maybe our staff will come up with something like in the first half last year. We’re not at their level yet, but who knows. Last year (and last week) showed that they handle adversity pretty well , so don’t expect amy help from help. Compete for four quarters and see where we stand.

By the way, I still think the PSU win is a god one despite their 0-4. Beating a team that went toe to toe with two FBS teams is nothing to downplay.
  • agalum
    That extra ticket i (had) is taken.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    That works out fine, since I bought mine last night. I plan to watch from the grass with a Davis towel. I hope everyone who can will make it out to the stadium and yell and stomp for our ags.
  • movielover
    Next year we are at EWU on Nov. 10th per Spokesman Review.
  • movielover
    Athalon Sports: 6 Surprise Teams in FCS College Football

Austin Peay
    Columbia
    Elon (who?)
    Monmouth
    UC Davis
    Western Carolina

UC Davis (3-2, 1-1 Big Sky)

The Aggies are mixing in some quality wins with strong academics under first-year head coach Dan Hawkins, the former Boise State and Colorado skipper who’s back at his alma mater. They’ve beaten two defending conference champs, San Diego (Pioneer) and North Dakota (Big Sky). 2016 Records: 3-8, 2-6.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/six-surprise-teams-fcs-college-football-2017
  • movielover
    Big Sky power rankings have us at #7, EWU #2.
  • AggieFinn
    6thman is making this one.
  • eastbayaggie
    What are the chances that this game will be a sellout? I just want to know if I should buy my tickets early or not.
  • DrMike
    it won't be a sellout; i heard they were expecting close to 10000. there should be tickets available. but, if you want seats on the west side (shade), i would get them sooner rather than later.
  • movielover
    How / when do they cap student admission?

What's capacity? We do have grass endzones, and lots of standing room. I wasn't around then, but for the famous Reno game with Moroski we had 12,700.
  • eastbayaggie
    Google says stadium capacity is 10,743.
  • Zander
    2-3 years ago I would not have predicted that we'd be having serious conversations about reaching student section capacity so soon. Regarding "how", it's probably the same procedure they've used to turn students away at one or two ESPN basketball games. I'm guessing it's a judgement call to close the student gate (there's only one I think) once the AP/general admit section looks full.

Do we know how significant the capacity figure is? Like it could be just a fire code calculation and not an actual number of seats. Or it could not include endzones.

Either way, 10k is an amazing turnout and enough to get the stadium rocking.
  • movielover
    Great crowd last game, but easily room for another 2,000.
  • DrMike
    Aggie Stadium attendence records (media guide from a couple years back) is 10,849 vs Poly (09) and SUU (08). last time over 10000 was San Diego in '11. I believe those were all 'tickets sold', because it shows Winston-Salem at 10,289 and i don't remember the stadium being too full for that one.

we'll have more than last week, maybe not as many students. lots of beer drinkers staggering over from brewfest. hopefully more westside season tickets holders coming back.
  • PortlandAggie
    My bother and his family will be there.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    The game against Sac State in 2008 was sold out, so my college pastor (a former yell leader for the Ags) & I watched the first half by standing on top of the trash cans on the south side of the stadium behind the outside fence. AT halftime a couple left and gave us their tickets so we could enter. So student tickets do get restricted.

Also, I was at the Poly game it was a lot of fun. I was amazed how many CP students traveled 4-5 hrs for the game and had so many songs and chants. "POLY POLY POLY", the soccer style one in particular.
  • PortlandAggie
    I wish I was able to make it down, my brother will come by for sure
  • SochorField
    I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone....and drinking beer!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!