• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies return to Washington to play unbeaten Washington State at 12 noon on Saturday at the Beasley Pavilion in Pullman, Washington. The Aggies feel like they let a one get away in their loss at Washington last week and now they get a second chance against a PAC12 team. The Cougars are led by 6'7 Jr F Robert Franks at 18.5 ppg and 6'1 So G Malachi Flynn at 17.7 ppg.

The Aggies are coming off a great comeback win over Northern Colorado in a game in which their offense was missing in action. They have been struggling to find any kind of consistency on offense in most of their games this season. Let's hope that the last game was just a fluke where no one could get into an offensive rhythm.

The game will be televised on the PAC12 Network.

Go Ags!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Looks like the Cougs are relying on the force. Here.

Go Ags!
  • Zander
    My impression of WSU from the game I watched is that they play fast and shoot well -- the Ags absolutely have to improve on offense to stay in what might be a shootout.

I remember the commentators were joking that WSU only even came close to running out the shot clock once the whole game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's pretty cool. I wonder how they got permission to do that. I would imagine that Lucas Films protects their signature scrolling intro very tightly.
  • aggie6thman
    I watched Wazzu a couple of times at the Wooden Legacy in Fullerton. Flynn and Franks are the leaders but guys like Skaggs (3 point shooter) and Pollard (center) can step up as well.

This team won the Wooden Legacy after beating San Diego State.

Two scrappy teams. Should be a good game!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I’m going to miss this one unless the PAC12 Network has an online archive of their broadcasts. My wife and I will be on the road driving from Overton, Nevada, to Bishop, CA. We were finally able to pick up our repaired car in St George after hitting a deer near Bryce Canyon a month ago.

We’ve spent a couple of days hiking in the Valley of Fire State Park not far from Las Vegas. This place is a little gem. If you’re ever in the Vegas area and want to hike and see some gorgeous landscapes, this park will impress you.
  • aggie6thman
    Safe travels, @BlueGoldAg. Forgot to mention that Wazzu is coached by Ernie Kent. He made some really good adjustments during the Wooden Legacy tournament. Keep in mind Wazzu was picked to finish dead last in the PAC 12 but has wins over San Diego State and Saint Mary's.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    My sources say Mooney is not on the bench. Wonder what’s up
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Ags playing really well. Up by 11 and controlling the game
  • aggie08
    7 pt lead. Let’s finish the half strong! TJ Shorts stepping up on both ends
  • DrMike
    17 up at the half! Damn. We looked good. 2 3’s by printup during the run.
  • aggie08
    Can’t ask for a much better finish than that. Extended lead to 17. Since that 16-0 finish against Northern Colorado, the Ags have been on a rampage. Let’s goooo
  • aggie6thman
    Wow. Great first half.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Awesome half. My son is the only one in the arena with a UCD shirt on and he says it's absolutely dead silent. Shorts is playing a great game!!
  • AggieHex08
    This has been real fun first half to watch. Team is just playing strong, fundamental basketball. Good defense, leading to good offense.
  • AggieHex08
    Up 23. One basket away from doubling their score.
  • aggie08
    Cougars cut lead to 17. We knew a run was coming. Let’s see how we withstand this
  • DrMike
    Their d is stiffening and the slow down pace is not getting us good shots. Up 10 with less than four. Doesn’t feel good right now
  • DrMike
    Damn! Didn’t see that coming. Beat an undefeated pac 12 team by 14! Nice all around game
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Fantastic game! WSU looked like the really expected an easy win...no energy. Ags hit some open 3's, played great defense, and is leaving Pullman with the win. Great job Ags!!!
  • aggie08
    Coach Les said in postgame radio interview that Mooney was under the weather. Printup stepped up when his number was called and hit 3 big threes.
  • AggieHex08
    Handled the runs, handled the hot shooters, Ags put in their big boy pants, showed some poise, and deserved this win.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Good to know it isn't anything too serious. And it did give Printup a chance to contribute.
  • aggie6thman
    Great win. Wazzu's RPI will go up during conference play and help us out.
  • CA Forever
    Wow nice win Aggies!
  • BlueGoldAg
    We were able to listen to most of the game on the Tunein app while driving out in the boonies of Nevada. We lost cell service for the last half of the first half and, when we got it back, the Ags were up 23 early in the second half. I nearly drove off the road!!

Great win by the Aggies! This, along with the NCAA Tournament win, are the signature wins of the Jim Les era.

Congrats Ags!
  • zythe
    Will we be changing conferences at a later date?

Better conference would equal better recruits. We already won the conference. Why not?
  • DrMike
    We have to find a better conference that wants us and another school cuz all big conferences are split into 2 equal number divisions. These conference championship games are big bucks.
  • AggieHex08
    Dominate our conference if we can, if the WCC can be two bid conference, the Big West can get there.
  • movielover
    Appears to be a good overall fit for ICA.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!