• agalum
    the high in flagstaff has been in the 50s, with lows in the high 20s :).
  • NCagalum
    77 or 78 was 1 loss. Good to get back to winning ways after what seems like 40 years of wandering in the desert.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Both my kids are pissed. I've been "dragging" them to Aggie games their entire lives, including some particularly wet ones in Washington, and the first season that they are both out of Davis, the team finally starts winning. Maybe they've been the bad luck charms all these years!
  • CA Forever
    Unless one of your kids names is Ron Gould, I doubt they are responsible for the woes of this team.
  • DrMike
    'This is my son, Ron, and his brother, Terry'........
  • CK2
    Cookus hasn’t practiced this week. Safe to say he’s out. As I referenced above likely to be the two frosh (QB + WR) this weekend. Porter (WR) was taking first team reps today so expect some of him/wildcat. Davis should blow the doors off these
    Guys tbh.
  • agalum
    Hawk said at the end of the coaches show he wanted 12,000 fans at the game. That might be a record. Go Ags!
  • fugawe09
    I believe the home record (not counting causeways at Hughes stadium) was 12,800 at Toomey field in 1977 against Reno. I’m told it was a standing room only crowd packed to the gates. I think the record at Aggie Stadium is around 10,800.
  • agalum
    I was at the Reno game. I was a third year undergrad that year :).
  • BlueGoldAg
    I was at the Reno game with my girlfriend (wife now) and The Toom was packed. The place was electric. Nevada was undefeated and ranked #1 and had just come off demolishing Sac something like 77-0. The size difference between the Wolfpack and us was almost comical...they were huge and we just went out and shocked them. It was one of the great upset victories in Aggie history!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Will they let 12,000 into Aggie Stadium? They list capacity at 10,849.
  • Zander
    I can imagine distributing 12000 tickets with with good student turnout but can't imagine letting that many in
  • Zander
    By my count there's a miniscule chance of clinching the conference this week if EWU, Weber, and Idaho State all lose. (North Dakota games count towards conference records right?)
  • BlueGoldAg
    12,000 would be no problem space wise in the stadium. We're probably limited by exit space and restrooms though.
  • eastbayaggie
    According to last game's box score, we were at capacity at 10849.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/boxscore.aspx?id=2745&path=football
  • Bige70
    There’s plenty of room at Aggie Stadium for 12,000. I think @fugawe09 educated us on the bathroom/exit limitations that Fire Marshal Bill uses to set limit. Bummer - there were tons of seats at ISU even though we were “at capacity.”
  • AggieFinn

Did Somebody Sayyy....Blue Force?

LET ME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!

fire-marshall-bill.gif
  • Bige70
    Outstanding!
  • 69aggie
    I was there in 1977 for the Reno game. Reno fans came early and with their big RVs filled up the old Toomey parking lot where the old baseball field was next to. They were very cocky and obnoxious. I was in the north end zone when Reno was driving. Then came the big play. We intercepted a pass down the middle and scored. Reno was so shocked they never got back into the game. We won. For the life of me a cannot remember the name of that aggie player who made the play. Silver___ something. He has been an aggie herofor me ever since. We need that force against NAU as they will bring a big game to Aggie Stadium. Do not get a bit over confident for this game!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I believe the safety that made that interception against Reno was John Silverfoote.
  • movielover
    Porta potties.

Attendance of 11,000 or 12,000 may help land more home playoff dates.

Toomey had 4 feeble exits, 1 possibly considered medium in size, poor access, wooden bleachers, and we got 10, 12,000 in there! You could put more than that in AS and it would be 100x safer (and more spaceous) than Toomey.
  • fugawe09
    Fire and building officials have a good amount of interpretive leeway. Without seeing the life safety drawings, my numbers were speculative. In Toomey days, they would have been more concerned with fire. Nothing to burn at AS, but unfortunately nowadays they also have to think about how quickly could they clear for other kinds of incidents. But I’d love to see a SRO crowd!
  • Kerberos
    UND games count as conference games but UND can't win the league.

The Big Sky is probably the only league in the country where a non-conference team can affect your conference record and sometimes a conference team can't.
  • Kerberos
    I gusss anything can happen in the BSC but I just can't imagine ISU, Weber, and EWU all losing on Saturday along with UCD winning. Too remote of a scenario.
  • movielover
    Thank you! We also have access to the field (think Candlestick World Series). AS has LARGE gates with WIDE access roads, where Toomey had 2-3 gates you'd see in a single family home. This should be Dr. Blue or one of our many Assoc ADs.

If need be, add a few porta potties, mobile water station, etc. Which is all still ironic, bc the bathroom facilities at Toomey were 1950s age and minimal.
  • Gunrock47
    I was in Flagstaff for NAU game last year. Cookus was on fire that game. Not having him will hurt them big time. I remember Modise had a long kick return TD in that one too.
  • SochorField
    Leave no doubt. This time in the 1st half.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!