• movielover
    1.48 left, driving the field, chewing up time. Doss 2 TDs. Gilliam and offense playing conservative for next week?
  • Zander
    TD CJ!
  • CA Forever
    TOUCHDOOOOOWN AGGIES!! 40 POINTS!
  • Idaho Aggie
    Big, big game next week. Big Thank You to my Aggie wife (attended oneAggie game ever, here in Moscow) for letting me go instead of traveling to BC with her.
  • The Big Easy
    Tuned in late to see the Aggies winning this one! :)

Weber def. Sac 26-14

EWU def. Northern CO 48-13

The game next week will probably determine the conference championship otherwise we will most likely see a 3 way tie for co-champions!
  • CA Forever
    Nice win! Would have liked to have limited them to less than 20 considering their QB situation, but I'll still take the W any day. There are some things that we need to clean up before next week's game. Who would have thought 2 years ago that we would be right in it for Big Sky champs with 2 weeks left in the season? Crazy stuff.
  • agalum
    While driving gome after the game, the radio guys said Gilliam was hurt in the first quarter. We saw him on the side lines for a while, but did not see him during the second half.

Overall, the Ags look good. Need to tighten up the penalties. We seem to be hot in spurts amd have not seen them put together 4 quarters. They might need to next week.
  • Russ Bowlus
    They will definitely need to.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Only 7890 at the game today and maybe 200 students at best. Damn shame that we have a team as good as this and the fans, especially the students, still don't show up.
  • agalum
    I really feel that these middle of the day games affect the turnout. Bring back the late afternoon/early evening games. The kids can study all day then catch the game.
  • AggieFinn
    Sac State game at Noon. Don't expect much bigger for Causeway. Shame.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's a great idea. Send Kevin Blue an email!
  • zythe
    Evening/night games are better
  • DrMike
    I like 4:00 for October and November. Works for locals and out of towners. I was surprised at the turnout, not just the students. Grass on the north end was sparse, not bad in the south. West side was relatively full but they’ve been offering discounts lately.

First quarter offense was as good as it gets. 200 yards, 3 TD. Jake was 10-11. And that was into the wind. Penalties and that INT (that could have been a TD; I think wind pushed it) stalled us in the second. Defense was solid in the second half against a one-dimensional attack. Special teams were solid ( punts into the wind were pretty effective even though yardage looks below average)

On to Cheney. That’s gonna be a tough one.
  • Davisbear
    Really embarrassing turnout especially from the students. Best team in years and no one shows up, crazy! I know Coach has tried to engage the students, has the student body really become this apathetic? Just seems like there should be a couple thousand students out of the 30k+ who would show up to support a winning team
  • quadshock
    Yeah what happened? Should be at least as much turnout as basketball. Did they advertise this game?

Personally when I was a student I would be mich more inclined to go to late afternoon games, since most people I knew didn't even wake up before noon on Saturdays, but we also didn't have a top 5 FCS team
  • zythe
    It’s a growing program. The low student turnout doesn’t surprise me at this juncture. Remember, not so long ago we gave them a position coach as a head coach. In the coming years it will improve.
  • Russ Bowlus
    It took a while to grow the D-II support, too. There's a reason the Aggie Pack was formed, after all. :)
  • 69aggie
    I totally agree with z. We have to build a product to sell it and the last 5 years have been very bad for Aggie football. So, no sale! Now were into a different situation. The kids will get it soon. I really like this new girl, Katerina Kountournes, to lead the pack. Absolutely gorgeous young woman. I think the Kings got her first, but whose to care. She’s an Aggie.
    Some worries about Gilliam. Any news?
  • movielover
    The Aggie had no feature article, has really been late to the game all year. They had one recent article on FBS vs FCS playoffs, with ONE or TWO sentences about Davis. No tweets until friends and I pestered them recently.

Start times, what gives?

7 PM (for heat)

4 PM (fan input)

1 PM - why?

12 PM - is this just to confuse us? No flight for Sac, no TV broadcast, why the change from 1 to 12? Boredom?
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Aggie Pack hasn’t sent out a tweet since October 20th. They haven’t posted on their Facebook page since September 8th. They are essentially MIA.
  • agalum
    i can understand a noon start if at Hughes Stadium, but not in Davis :).
  • movielover
    Do they throw darts to consider start times? Inny menny minny mo? Lunar New Year?
  • DrMike
    I think the noon start vs Sac is ROOTS TV thing, as was the early (4:00) kickoff for Idaho
  • Zander
    A few comments about the gameday experience that I didn't around to last night.

1. They oversold the high school band section and when I walked in they didn't have a seat. I was ready to get mad but the event staffer I talked to was super professional, called a deputy AD over, and he got me a new ticket. Apparently they tried to call everyone in that section, but it being election season I haven't been responding to unidentified calls for the last few weeks. I can't bring myself to be too critical because they handled it so smoothly.

2. Cutting off Jen Gross at the start of the interview was not a good look. Women's Basketball was the first of the revenue sports to achieve consistent dominance in the last few years and deserves every ounce of respect the department can muster. I'm not sure exactly what the best way to avoid that would have been, but surely there was a slightly larger timeslot available somewhere else in the schedule. (They did give WBB the spotlight eventually, but the team had to just awkwardly stand in a line on the field for another half quarter for the opportunity to present itself.)

3. Student showing was really bad. There were some yard signs about the game around campus and apparently they did a ticket distribution at the MU again, but whatever marketing they did wasn't enough. I will however give the marketing folks a little slack because I saw that there was some Resource Fair inconveniently on the quad at noon (with free food; you know how that draws students) and some freshmen told me there was a formal event in the evening that I think had to do with Greek life. The Greek students are probably a more active and spirited than the general population so that might have actually been a significant loss. (I'm assuming many decided to skip the game in order to not have to rush home and change and prepare.)

4. Agreed, the new MC is really good. Exudes energy and Aggie Pride. Also, it's a really good look to have the same face of the gameday experience as the Sacramento Kings; they put on a pretty good show over there from what I saw at a preseason game.
  • movielover
    How about the PAT block by 6'7" WR Gabe Martinez?!
  • agalum
    Does anyone know if #33, Bennet, has been playing? He got a targeting call several games ago (I didnt think it was the correct call), and havent noticed if he has been playing since.
  • quadshock
    I just saw the pick by Moe, that was NASTY
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!