• BlueGoldAg
    I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility but we'd probably have to guarantee a certain amount of revenue and that would be tough with the students gone for Thanksgiving. But, then again, the students don't attend the games anyhow...
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Students not being there may help with revenue (???) if ICA is able to set a deadline for ticket pickup and sell the unused seats.
  • 69aggie
    I agree the last EW TD was interesting to say the least. But I don’t think Hawk squaked a lot about to the EW HC after the game. Because it actually gives him something to talk about Monday with his troops. Being beaten very badly can be a reason to improve your game. Yes, getting beaten up really badly can help you improve your strength and resolve. When we meet EW the next time the EW coach will rue this day. What goes around. . . You know the rest. Oh also, EW 27 seniors this year. . . Also at home 2019.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    EWU is not on our schedule next year per FBSschedules.com
  • AggieFinn

I don't think the 4th qtr. of today's game will be forgotten anytime soon.
  • The Big Easy
    Today:
    • Idaho State lost to Cal Poly
    • Weber State is leading SUU 31-18
    • EWU defeats UCD

Playoff outlook:
    • Weber St defeated EWU
    • EWU defeated UCD
    • UCD defeated Idaho St.(lost to Cal Poly)

The Big Sky Conference ranking will probably look like:

Weber St 7-1
    EWU 7-1
    UCD 7-1
    Assuming these teams win their final game.

I can see why EWU wanted to pound UCD to improve their position in they eyes of those that are setting the playoff schedules.

This was a successful season and the program has come a long way. This wupping showed there is much work to be done if we want to be conference champs.

If this scenario proves to be accurate I don't see how we could have a home game.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I imagine we’ll have a better feel on the possibility of a home game when the rankings come out on Monday.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    We should be big Griz fans next week. Them beating Montana State would put them at worst on the bubble and help our resume.
  • DrMike
    Our third BSC playoff team the past two seasons opened at home vs San Diego (they don’t draw flies). Be nice for ISU to rise up and beat Weber next week. 9-2 and 2nd place should get a seed
  • NCagalum
    this was a completely different EWU team from even last week. They were out to make a statement and did. With 20 year olds and the big Sky things are going to happen. I was shocked to see Poly beat ISU. Losses will occur. Just have too put this behind them and take care of Sac next week.
  • agalum
    yeah, EW is graduating like 24 seniors, many of which are 6 year guys. They arereally good amd physical. Without taking anything away from them, the shear cold had to affect our guys. There were a lot of near misses, ball handling issues, that must of been a factor for a bunch of CA guys.
  • agalum
    BTW, this score spread could have been worse if it wasnt for our punter. He was a real bright spot today for the Aggies. The EW fans sitting around me were very impressed with him. Too bad we needed him so many times.
  • True Blue Aggie
    If I find out, I’ll let you know. After I buy one, of course. That jacket is NICE.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Well this hasn't been a good week for the Aggies. The Men's Soccer Team just lost the Big West Tournament to UC Riverside on penalty kicks 4-2 in the 3rd OT.
  • BlueGoldAg
    EWU Coach Best:

EWU coach Aaron Best’s voice was hoarse after the decisive win, which came in foggy, 30-degree conditions.

“You want to play the best to see if you can become the best, and we did that today,” Best said. “Everybody outside of Eagle Nation didn’t give us a chance, and we love it.

“We are a complete team and we’ve showed that for 10 weeks. I’m going to continue to beat our drum – this team is selfless and they showed today how well they can execute.”

Hawk:

“They outcoached us, they outplayed us, and they really took it to us,” Hawkins said. “Give them credit, they were better in all phases of the game.”

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/nov/10/eastern-washington-thumps-uc-davis-59-20-in-big-sk/
  • movielover
    "Instead of UC Davis driving and scoring a go-ahead touchdown, Nzuzi Webster made a game-changing play.

"Webster jumped a underneath route while covering Doss, intercepted Maier and bolted 45 yards for the first touchdown of his college career."

" “That was a great play and a real back-breaker,” UC Davis coach Dan Hawkins said. “And things really snowballed from there.” "
  • CK2
    I saw a lot of very insightful comments already..... not a lot for me to say that hasn’t alrady been said. Much to take away from this game that can help the Ags long term and get them ready for the playoffs.

Jake isn’t a super mobile QB. He needs a clean pocket to go through his reads and we all saw the result of what happened when the OL gets whipped up front. The OL is young and they’ll get better. But it’s gonna have to be a lot better for the playoffs. Most teams they will see gonna have DL’s like what they saw from the Eagles. Yesterday spiraled and I’d love to see these two meet again in the playoffs. (Ideally not in a slushy snow game)

Also it’s one game, these things happen over the course of a season. EWU was better yesterday but the Ags can play so much better. Get in the film room and get back to work. Gotta get focused for the Hornets.

Still 8-2. Beat Sac and go from there. Just hope the score yesterday doesn’t end up dinging them too much in the committee’s eyes. I think a seed is likely gone BUT with Kennesaw v Jax St / Weber vs Idaho st / Montana vs MSU - with the right outcomes UCD Could be right back in the picture. Elon took a loss yesterday. Jax v Kenny next week will knock one of them out of a seed. Samford can beat ETSU and give them a third loss. (On the road but Devlin Hodges is a beast). Towson/JMU game shouid be a fantastic. Loser takes a 4th loss. There are 6-7 BIG games next week that will really affect seeding.
  • DrMike
    Seems a bit trivial now, but I thought a big play was the early defensive holding against us in the first quarter. Instead of their second 3 and out inside their 20, they converted a third and short, and continued a TD drive. Who knows, short field -> 17-0 and the game takes on a WHOLE different field. That was about where I lost radio broadcast up here in the State of Jefferson. I told my wife at the time ‘that’s a BIG play’. Would have ended differently, probably not but that was at least a harbinger of what came later.

Let’s hope the smoke clears and we finished strong next week.
  • Riveraggie
    Anybody else miss having final stats pdf on the web site? With what’s up there now with a mobile device I can’t even find out who fumbled in the fourth quarter. Also ESPN is without stats.
  • movielover
    Modise fumbled twice. Great kid, great story, but he had a few earlier in the year. Baffled our bull of a RB only saw 2 running plays in 2nd half.

Have we recently lost someone on the offensive line? Surprised we didn't bring in a fullback, run some bubble screens, something.

QB Rodriquez looked quite mobile, really nimble.

8-2 still amazing! Go Ags!
  • movielover
    How about we get 7 on our 1st drive, not 3, and we hit Doss on just one long pass / lead him.

Thirty degrees plus wind chill was a factor.

Is EWU that much better than Montana?
  • AggieFinn

EWU far ahead of Montana
  • agalum
    I really believe the single most decisive element in this game was their D line. They made Maier rush his passes, they were tough against the run, got the 3 and outs, resulting in our D being on the field a long time.
  • movielover
    +1. And we didn't counter it.

Thomas brought us back w his big run b4 half, but then the avalanche. ... then add in an uncharacteristic 5 TOs (one a throw away) by our offense in ONE half.

1. EWU D Line (our Offense)
    2. 4 TOs

... which led to our D living on the red turf.
  • zythe
    Someone mentioned that a rush offense might have helped.
  • Riveraggie
    Their pattern this year is to be really tough to run on,
    The real surprise was we couldn’t get anything going through the air. Multiple passes into double and triple covered receivers. I watched the first 3 and a half quarters and there were few plays to an open receiver.
    Our defense also disrupted their offense but when their plays broke down they were able to improvise something. We need more speed on defense. We had guys chasing a QBs they couldn’t catch up to.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!