• quadshock
    Very proud of how they battled, and this was an amazing game. I love playoff football, I'd like to see us right back at it.

Now all eyes on the NFL draft and how our receivers can fill the void left by Doss next year
  • BlueGoldAg
    Tremendous season and a heartbreaking loss to end it. We suffered a couple of pretty serious looking concussions and I sure hope those guys are all right.

Congrats to the Aggies. We are back and Aggie Pride is well and alive.
  • smarterray
    Tough to lose to a team that doesn't even have a real marching band. But Aggies fought hard. Great season. Time to appreciate, rest, and then plan for next year.
  • zythe
    Who would have thought we would be in the playoffs.

The team will only get better from here on out.
  • CA Forever
    Losing Doss and Moe are going to be huge going into next season. Big shoes to fill.
  • SoCalAggie
    That was a brutal way to lose!
  • DrMike
    I’m exhausted and all I did is watch and field 100’s of text messages from old teammates. Incredible effort against a very good team under TOUGH conditions. We are WAY ahead of where I thought we’d be. Exciting times. Some great players, great students. Hats off to the seniors. Loved that their last two years were so good. Set a real foundation for success in the future. Bring on CAL!!!
  • movielover
    Fabulous season, the tide has turned. A few thoughts.

- Up 1 TD on EWU not enough.
    - TOs killer.
    - Running TT outside curious, and not mixing in more mid-range passing. Were we keeping TE home for QB protection?
    - Liked UG with the shovel pass, and the Modise TD. Awesome calls.
    - With a team like EW, I feared we left them too much time.
    - Was our starting center out?

Wonderful grab by Babb, we need some additional ballers at WR. With our solid core returning, we could use another playmaker or two on both sides of the ball. Next season looks like a favorable schedule, we may make another playoff run.

We lose some stud players in Doss, Moe, and about 5 other studs on defense. And we lose some leaders like CJ.

After licking our wounds, coaches need to lock in a few more recruits. Early signing date about 10 days away.

Were the Grad and Santa Rosa rocking?
  • agalum
    I think not having Thomas in the second half really hurt. Great season.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    GREAT season. Great great great great.

I’m ready to plan the road trip to FARGO. Go Ags!
  • Davisbear
    We should have a great recruiting year...successful season, upward trend, relatively high profile coach for FCS, and new facility improvements!!

Just need the fans to turn out more to improve the game day atmosphere. The playoff game was great, but we need to make that more common.

With a supportive chancellor and dynamic AD, we should be able to dominate our conference in recruiting and get some guys who lower FBS schools are recruiting. The future looks bright
  • OC Aggie
    On one hand, of course I'm bummed about losing this hard-fought game. On the other, just the fact that we got to this game exceeded any expectations I may have had at the beginning of the season. This has been the most fun I've had following Aggie football since my freshman year at Davis more than a decade ago, and I look forward to more fun next year.
  • zythe
    We are only going to get better; this is part of being a fan.

We have some studs on our team. Imagine this again for next season?

You honestly think EWU doesn’t think we can beat them? When we do beat them, and we will, it will be sweet. I just hope we don’t run up the score and show them some class...
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Throw a rock on the gas pedal!
  • movielover
    They graduate something like 25 seniors.
  • formerEag
    Congrats on a great season! I think all of us Eag fans expected a tough game and this one didn't disappoint. Excited to see what Doss does at the next level. It's going to be fun to square up against the Aggies in the future, looks like your home game experience is great and may have to check it out. Also, coach Hawkins seems like pure class. Seems like a good time to be an Aggie!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Thanks, formerEag. The Aggies are most definitely on the rise and we have the perfect coach for us. He's pure class.

Good luck to the Eagles. I'll be pulling for you to win it all now.
  • cmt
    Mixed feelings here.

On one hand, all I really wanted before the bracket was announced was to get a home game and win it, whether that was in the first round or as a seed. Anything else was gravy.

On the other hand, getting so close and then losing really hurts. As much as we’d like to think being in the playoffs and making a decent run will be the new normal - and it very well could be - you never know when you’re going to be a minute from making the national semifinals again, and hosting that game as well.
  • Riveraggie
    Hard to look on the bright side when the other team cut through you like a knife through butter when you have a lead with less than two minutes left.
    But we’re close. A lot of what ifs. This was the playoff quarter finals and we were this close to winning.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It's true that it is very hard to get to the playoffs time and time again. A lot of things have to fall in place and a bit luck with injuries is always necessary. This is a great start though and the bar has been set high and Hawk is a charismatic coach. If anyone is going to get us back to the playoffs, it's Hawk.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I thought the defense was good for the most part. Barriere is an exceptional athlete especially when he starts running around making people miss. To get this close and lose like we did is a bitter pill to swallow for sure though.

For the life of me, I can't understand why we did not challenge that spectacular catch on the EWU sideline. We would have won that challenge and it would have kept the drive alive.
  • Mainefootball

Excuse me for asking but what advice would you give us pertaining to going out to beat these guys
  • Swooprocks
    A great effort by both teams today. You guys have a lot to look forward to.

A lesson that Eagle fans can share from the last ten years is that it is really hard to win in December. When we won the National Championship, we assumed we would get another one in the next few years. We haven’t been back to the Finals since and have experienced some brutal semifinal losses.

Each year, I hope this is the year we return to the championship game, but I have also learned to appreciate the joy of playing in December.

The pain from this will pass and you guys have a lot to look forward to.
  • The Big Easy
    Wow!

What a great season!

The last 2 games were the best because those boys just balled out!

They had to play 4 quarters of football and compete which was fun to watch.

That OC has got to "skill/level up" on his play calling :(

Hey movielover,

earlier this year you predicted an entertaining season and you were right! :)

The Aggies exceeded my expectations by far.

I hope this is the start of many competitive years to come and not just a cinderella season.

We've got Cal, North Dakota State and Weber St on the schedule next year.

Go Aggies!
  • CA Forever
    Contain Barriere... especially if you have the lead with a minute left in the game...
  • CA Forever
    This was a surreal season. Kind of doesn't feel real that we made it to the quarterfinals and were about a minute away from the semis. The Aggies have been mediocre or straight up bad for so long that there is part of me that wouldn't be surprised at all if we regressed to hell next season.
  • BlueGoldAg
    "It was magnificent in a lot of ways," said Hawkins. "The pain of the last game... a lot of people want to play it safe in life, and it's really easy to hang outside the fire and not feel the lows. But you don't feel the highs either. The guy in the fire is the guy who feels it both ways. To get a share of the championship, to get in the playoffs, to win in the playoffs, really sets a standard for UC Davis football."

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2018/12/8/football-no-6-aggies-stopped-in-fcs-quarterfinals.aspx?path=football
  • movielover
    A minute away from hosting a likely sold out semi final game, at home, on ESPN.

What transpired in that key penalty, where it appeared the announcers and Coach Best both thought it would go against the EW lineman, except it went against us? Drive killer. Brutal.

Can I add that I love our RBs and OL? I hope Tehran is doing well!
  • CA Forever
    What a guy. Going to go down as one of the best Aggies of all time.

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!