• AggieFinn

You can build a fancy lockeroom and Visitor/History center or hire great coaches.

Big Sky TV has no replay of the game ready as of yet: Link
  • eastbayaggie
    BigSky TV had the links up around 11 or 11:30 a.m. last weekend.

I need to know this stuff since I don't know if I can make the next two home games.
  • Zander
    Why not both?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Aggies complete a Dickens of a turnaround to win, 49-21 by Bob Dunning:

It was obvious from the start that the roaring crowd made things difficult for the Aggie offense, which fives times in the first half alone was called for false starts.

Asked if the deafening crowd noise made things difficult for the Aggies, Doss smiled and said simply “yes,” then added, “it was hard to hear anything but the crowd.”

In one frustrating series the Aggies uncharacteristically were called for three unsportsmanlike penalties in a span of less than a minute, including one on the UC Davis bench.

Read more here:

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/aggies-complete-a-dickens-of-a-turnaround-to-win-49-21/
  • movielover
    It appears DL DeAndre Morgan is out for the year?

And tough to concentrate on the line, but is true freshman Parks our starting center?
  • AggieOutcast
    Very impressive effort by UC Davis yesterday. I watched the stream on Pluto TV and received it fine except I had to hit the refresh icon every 15 minutes when the screen went black. The halftime segment on Montana's TV coverage wasn't shown, so I took the radio out and hear Scott and Doug's first half recap. In any event, I believe this year's Aggies had more than met my expectations. I knew they would be in a position to challenge for an FCS postseason berth, but with some strong efforts that included two comeback wins (I was at the Idaho State game), they could pose a threat when the playoffs start. With three winnable games ahead, I feel it's only a question of where the Aggies will be seeded.
  • DrMike
    plenty of offers of beer and food. We hung out at a Montana tailgate that a Ag from the late 80’s was part of. Didn’t see much of the town except for dinner on Friday. I was surprised it didn’t feel like a college town. I believe it’s the ‘big city’ of Montana.

We were told the fifth largest city is the stadium on game day at ~25000!
  • Russ Bowlus
    Bozeman felt more urban to me, when we visited in 2001. We stayed in Helena (pop. 30k), and checked out Butte and Missoula as well.

Not a crowded state, for sure.
  • zythe
    “MISSOULA – Washington-Grizzly Stadium sounded a lot like a rock concert early Saturday afternoon. Within a few hours, it resembled a library.”

https://montanasports.com/cat-griz/montana-grizzlies/2018/10/27/no-6-uc-davis-demolishes-montana-in-second-half-grizzlies-lose-third-straight/
  • OldAggie
    I woke up today a believer. I’m nervous about being down 21-3, but that comeback. This team believes so I do too! Can’t wait to see all the new badwagon fans on Saturday...don’t worry...all are welcome.
  • DrMike
    Was checking my texts from yesterday. At 2:44 I texted ‘21-3 half, not looking good’

3:57 ‘28-21’
    4:04 ‘35-21’
    4:10 ‘42-21’
    4:17 ‘49-21’

So in the span of 20 minutes we went from tied to rout. In person it was uncanny to watch. That place got quiet. It seemed like it was even quicker than 20 minutes
  • BlueGoldAg
    COMEBACK SATURDAY

UC Davis scored 46 points in the second half -- unanswered -- to prove it is a big-time FCS playoff threat, knocking off Montana in Missoula in front of one of the biggest on-campus crowds in the FCS this year.

I don't know what else to say -- 46 points in the second half, unanswered. Everybody will just say I'm stealing from Charles Dickens if I call it the Tale of Two Halves, so I won't make a joke about it being that because it would be corny. But I already typed it and UC Davis coach Dan Hawkins is no lemming when it comes to coaching. He does things his own unique way, and it works ... so maybe I can get away with an eccentric description of what just happened. Or maybe I should stop typing before this gets cornier.

OK, enough of that. To see UC Davis down at the half to Montana and to see the Aggies respond like that? My goodness. This team has some serious potential.

More here:

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-week-nine-highlights-talking-points-ndsu-ajaj
  • CA Forever
    Want to know what gave me a chuckle? There is a thread on Montana's fan forum right now comparing Maier and Sneed... and there is some guy arguing that Sneed is the better QB and would have beaten Maier for the starting spot if they were in the same camp :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • eastbayaggie
    There are currently 434 replies in this thread.

Is this the longest thread on aggiesportstalk?
  • zythe
    I think Maier is in a class of his own.

He has something special. His best quality is his humility.

Is he a legitimate 6 footer?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Maier's ability to keep his cool under pressure, like he was at Montana, is very, very special. He was connecting on passes thrown from awkward positions because of the Montana rush and he just pops up and does it again. Tough as nails and calm as a cucumber...perfect for leading this team...
  • agalum
    Has anyone seen the replay of the game yet? I cant seem to find it.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It hasn't yet been posted over on Big Sky TV. I hope it will be up soon since I didn't get to watch it live.
  • movielover
    I believe we scored 3 or 4 times in 4 or 5 minutes. Obviously, their untimely TOs as they pushed to come back were killer, their QB was also hammered on his throwing arm.
  • eastbayaggie
    If they don't post on BigSky TV soon, then I may be forced to attend the next two home games instead of my original conflicting plans. I don't want to be dependent on late BigSky TV replays in the future.
  • movielover
    Dunning is calling it a magical year. If we are favored with NAU and Slack... that leaves EWU in Cheney. Potentially 9-2, or 10-1?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think 9-2 is very realistic and I wouldn't bet against us at EWU. 9-2 would be magical and 10-1 insanely stupendous!
  • agalum
    If we are favored with NAU and Slack.

We easily should be, but NAU has some decent wins and seem to be up and down this season. I was at the psu-suc game last night. SUC is absolutely terrible. We will destroy them :).
  • CA Forever
    I said it in another thread that we don't want to count our chickens before they hatch, but 9-2 is very realistic and 10-1 isn't outside the realm of possibility. I thought going into this season that we'd be improved and maybe at best be like 7-4. This season has been absolutely amazing.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I like the sound of that!
  • DrMike
    I believe that. 4 TD’s in 20 minutes of real time (considering time outs after kickoffs) doesn’t take much time off the game clock!
  • movielover
    Its tempting to think about rolling up 70 points on an opponent .. but I think I'd rather see our 2s and 3s get more PT.
  • AggieFinn
    Local Missoula news says it was the worst Montana loss, EVER, in Washington-Grizzly Stadium.

I'd also like to point out, that back in his playing days, Tim Plough marched into Bozeman in 2006 and beat the Cats 45-0.

• DrMike
    we had a backup drop a pick 6 in the last few minutes, else it would have been 56!
  • 69aggie
    I watched the post game TV interview with Hawk and Maier and Doss and it was great. But one of the most significant comments was when Hawk answered the question: why don’t you have starting line ups or depth charts (or something like that) and Hawk answered: we don’t like the term “starters” we like the term “contributors. We like to give everyone a chance.” My lord, if Silicon Valley, the government, and corporate America all had this same mindset it would be a great step forward for us all. Too bad Hawk already has a job here!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!