• CK2
    Thought the play on Harrell was dirty. Hawk had a right to get fired up. Also felt like his deep
    Throw up 21 w 4 Mins left was a message. I could be wrong though.

Also, just saw this....

https://twitter.com/shaunrainey/status/1057024878514135042?s=21
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think it's hard to determine if Baumgart was intentionally trying to hit Sneed with his knee but the Montana fans are certainly crying "dirty" loud and clear. One guy thinks the film should be sent to the Big Sky in an effort to get Baumgart suspended. I'll say one thing for sure, the Ags lit Seed up after he made tried to hurtle a player. There was some hitting' going on!

I think there was a lot of testosterone flowing on the field in that environment and some chippy stuff probably went on by both teams. I'm also getting the feeling that the Griz fans don't take kindly to getting beaten like that in their house. They, along with their announcers, were crying sour grapes during the game and now are still looking for reasons to cry foul.

Makes me even more impressed that the Aggies went into an environment like that and beat them running away. The seeds of a good rivalry might just have been sowed...
  • agalum
    the homer color guys on pluto tv. I was paraphrasing slightly, but that was essentially what they said.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I figured so much. I'm about to watch the replay...I may have to turn the sound off...
  • BlueGoldAg
    Mark your calendars for September 28th next year when the Griz come to town. They'll want some payback in our house. Should be a good one...
  • CA Forever
    Bring it. They won't have the crowd noise to help them in the first half. We'll just have to drop 2 second halves on them instead.
  • Riveraggie
    I watched most the game again and the homerism didn’t seem so bad. It was however frustrating because the story was all from the Montana perspective in the sense of not giving names of Aggies who made plays. Take Gillian’s catch near out of bounds around the 10 for example, give the guys name.
  • movielover
    I think the announcers claimed they read Hawks lips, and he told the ref "Do your job". Ouch.

No one commenting on Doss pulling himself from the game? According to the announcers, Hawk thought Stanford noise would prepare the team for Montana... I guess it didn't.
  • movielover
    Three announcers, and no spotter?
  • zythe
    Great game.
  • 69aggie
    Sorry, how can i watch this game again?
  • agalum
    theres a link a little higher up in the thread. Big sky tv, then click watch, pick sport then ucd.
  • smarterray
    I responded to the tweet in probably not my most gracious fashion... Probably the wine and the spicy food.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Click on following link and it will take you to the Big Sky TV website. Then click on the the back arrow that is labeled "prev" until you go back to Saturday, October 27. You'll see the list of the Big Sky games. Just click on the Aggie game and click play. It takes several minutes for the actual game coverage to start or you can pull the slider to the right to the start of the game.

https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx

Enjoy...it's a beauty!
  • Kerberos
    Why did he pull himself from the game?

I hope Hawk doesn't take that same approach next year with Cal and NDSU. There's no way Memorial Stadium could prepare a team for the Fargodome. And we won't be able to take half the game off against the Bison.
  • movielover
    Announcers claimed frustration, I was guessing hand checking / bumping / harassing D.
  • Riveraggie
    I heard the announcers claim UCD representatives in interviews claimed Stanford experience would prepare the team for the noise.
    Plough on the otherhand specifically talked about how the noise had messed up his teams game plan when he was OC at NAU. I’m sure that voice was heard by Hawkins
    So it was probably just some players saying they had experience in adverse environments taken out of context.
  • movielover
    Montana Records

1. "The outcome featured the Grizzlies’ largest margin of defeat at home since 1985, ..."

2. "was tied for the most points they allowed at Washington-Grizzly Stadium,"

3. "included their most points given up in a half since 1995"

4." and had the most points surrendered by a Bobby Hauck-coached Montana team."

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/where-does-montana-s---loss-to-uc-davis/article_f1fb1984-9a46-5da5-9fba-6287163e1639.html
  • Kerberos
    What a way to make up for previously going winless against Montana in 7 tries!
  • DrMike
    I completely agree with you, I doubt the coaches thought Stanford = Montana, but i think they are even overwhelmed by the level of noise. Talking to locals after the game, and from reading some post-game comments by their comment, that noise level was exceptional even by their standards.

In the second half, we made some adjustments to our snap's that seemed to make a big difference. left guard looked back at QB and pointed his hand forward when Maier was ready. Snap followed soon after. That got everyone more in sync. In first half, there seemed to be long pauses between when QB was ready and when the ball was snapped. Add in some late DL shifts (and some timely signals called by their DL/LB's.....one that FINALLY resulted in a defensive delay of game in the 2nd half) and that caused many of the jumps. That adjustment gave us a chance to get the run game going and get the rhythm back in the pass game.

When we got ready for the first snap of the game, it was DEAFENING on the field. I didn't go to the Oregon game (Autzen gets loud), but this was BY FAR the loudest i've ever heard a stadium. and it got LOUDER when he had a false start on the first play! 'Toto, we ain't in Davis anymore!'
  • Riveraggie
    They got quiet early in the fourth quarter.
    What makes this win sweeter is they really gave us their best shot, we certainly didn’t sneak up on them. Fans were sky high, team was sky high, and now deflated. Sweet.
  • DrMike
    right near the end, one of our backup DB's dropped what would have probably been a pick-six on a 3rd and long. as he jogged off the field, one of their remaining fans mumbled 'nice hands, 4'. i turned and looked at the guy and said 'seriously? 46 points in a row and you heckle a backup?'. a sea of stunned faces in that stretch.
  • movielover
    On a Montana thread, they said a long time Davis writer - read Dunning - said Davis had never faced such noise.
  • agalum
    yeah, and they are also claiming we played dirty. They must be ignoring the ankle or incident.
  • BlueGoldAg
    And...they had 2 weeks to get more healthy and to watch film and prepare for us. This must be one of our most "challenging" wins ever...
  • BlueGoldAg
    They have some fans who are very upset commenting about that video clip posted on twitter that was mentioned in a post above claiming...sour grapes if you ask me...
  • Riveraggie
    It wasn’t just the ankle incident of course. immediately before that they were slapping and clawing at Modise for ten seconds after he was down. Following a rough tackle well after he was stopped and the play should have been blown dead. That’s when things started to get heated in that possession.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Saw this over on AGS.

The only visiting teams ever to win at Wa-Griz Stadium:

Idaho
    Portland State
    Cal State Fullerton
    Eastern Washington
    Nevada
    Delaware
    Southern Utah
    Youngstown State
    Hofstra
    Montana State
    North Dakota State
    Western Illinois
    Cal Poly
    Massachusetts
    Northern Arizona
    Coastal Carolina
    Weber State

and now...UC Davis!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!