• DrMike
    down to the wire......again.......67-67 Titan ball with 25 to go.
  • DrMike
    OT. not sure I wanted Silar to take the last second shot BUT he is fearless.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    OT. Let’s go Ags!
  • DrMike
    TJ 0-5 from the line, that's really shocking. that last sequence, 2 stops and Fullerton still with the ball hurts. down 2 with 1:10 their ball.
  • DrMike
    tough loss. hate the TJ had so much trouble at the line, because he was the reason we had a chance at all.

could have won, just not enough plays on the offensive end. besides Short and Nuefield, not a whole lot of offense. story of a screwy season. just couldn't get more than 3 guys to contribute at the same time.
  • Toke69
    Tough loss, tough season. We'll miss TJ, AJ, and GGoode next year, but it is still a mystery why Schneider had such a down season. Had he played as well as his earlier two years, the Ags would have been a lot better this season. I hope the new guys will have the Aggies back in the mix next year. Meanwhile we can all look forward to football.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Nice comments by Coach Les about the seniors and TJ:

"I'll be forever indebted to that group (of seniors)," Les said in postgame press conference . "For the championships they've brought to this program, for the wonderful ambassadors they've been for this program and the quality student-athletes that are going to be, in whatever they choose, very, very successful."

Highlighting what Shorts II meant to the program throughout his two years at UC Davis, Les added that he "couldn't be more proud of him. He'll go down, and this is my eighth season, but he'll go down as one of the best Aggies' I've coached. Maybe one of the best I've ever coached."

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2019/3/14/mens-basketball-shorts-ii-neufeld-lead-aggies-in-another-big-west-tournament-thriller.aspx
  • BlueGoldAg
    #1 Irvine rolls over #8 Riverside 63-44.
  • DrMike
    couldn’t agree more!
  • 69aggie
    Classy good bye by Les!
  • Toke69
    Hawaii literally lost at the last second to Long Beach State after blowing an 18 point lead. So all the top seeds in the Big West move on. At this point, I have to root for UCI since I think they have the best chance of knocking off a power conference school in the NCAAs. I think they deserve a 12 seed and 12 seeds are notorious for upsetting 5 seeds.
  • BlueGoldAg
    More comments from the coaches and players:

“I’ll just repeat what I told this team in the locker room, how much I appreciate their effort today, which I thought was exemplary, but also the effort (the players) gave us all season,” said UCD head coach Jim Les.

“None of us had the season we wanted to have, but it wasn’t for a lack of effort or for trying. Sometimes life doesn’t bounce your way — but they kept battling, especially that senior group.”

It was a tearful goodbye by Shorts, last year’s BWC Player of the Year and a first-team all-conference selection earlier this week:

“I’m thankful,” he said. “I’m thankful for my coaches. For my players. I appreciate what they’ve done for me. They let me showcase (what I could do).”

Les was asked about what Shorts meant to the program and him personally as a coach…

“Just so much respect for him,” the former Bradley standout player and coach said. “It’s easy to respect him as a player, but what he’s done for our program, for the guys. … Since the day he came in here, he put this team on his back. He did it with great moxie and character. I couldn’t be more proud of him.

“He’ll go down — this is my eighth season (at UCD) — as one of the best Aggies I’ve ever coached. Maybe one of the best (players) I’ve ever coached. He’s a warrior, works hard.”

“Big West basketball at its finest. That was a highly competitive game,” said Titan coach Dedrique Taylor, a former Aggie basketball standout. “You have to tip your cap to UC Davis for their competitive spirit, and obviously T.J. had his way with us.”

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/aggie-men-fall-short-in-big-west-opener-75-71-in-ot/
  • DrMike
    Irvine struggling v LBSU. Down 40-34 16 to go.
  • DrMike
    I’m rooting for UCI. I like turner and I think they run their program close to us. I’d hate to see Fullerton make it
  • DrMike
    Irvine surges in the last ten minutes to win 75-67
  • Zander
    Conference wins in the tournament = more revenue and better exposure for the conference. I'm hoping Irvine makes it because they're the BWC's best chance of getting past the first round
  • BlueGoldAg
    Good basketball game. Long Beach led most of the game but Irvine was very determined and played really hard in the second half.

I was watching this game on my laptop and watching Duke and North Carolina on tv at the same time. Duke won 74-73 in a great game. Zion Williamson is a total beast. You gotta love college hoops at this time of the year.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Fullerton beat UCSB 64-58. Irvine and Fullerton will play for the title tomorrow at 9 pm televised live on ESPN2.
  • movielover
    I was following Live stats of the game... it seems we were up 4, 6, late in the game, then poof. Tough loss.

Neufeld big night, 16 points. Season 11-20, 7-9 in league, tough road record.

Who will fill the huge gaps of the graduating seniors?
  • Zander
    I haven't been keeping up super closely but apparently there's been a swath of upsets in conference tournaments. The field should be bottom-heavy which bodes well for Irvine getting a decent seed if they get things done tonight.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm pulling hard for Irvine. They're a quality team and very well coached. High character players too. They could win a game or two with if they get in and get a decent draw.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Irvine is rolling over Fullerton 42-24 at the half. The Anteaters look really, really good.
  • Zander
    Up over 30 as of this comment. Wow. That's all I can say.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Irvine demolished Fullerton 92-64. They're now 30-5. They've been the best team in the Big West all season and deserve to go Dancing.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    13 Irvine plays 4 K-State. In San Jose. On Friday.

Anteaters better travel - that’s an easy trip up “the 5.”
  • Zander
    This is very doable for a UCI team that has tons of momentum. KSU fans should be worried right now
  • BlueGoldAg
    Irvine got a good draw and could win a couple of games and advance to the Sweet 16. That would be great for the Big West Conference.
  • BlueGoldAg
    CSUN is playing in the CBI at Utah Valley/b]

• Zander
    I'm seeing CSUN at Utah Valley?

Utah State is in the NCAA tournament
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!