• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies play the second of three straight WCC teams when Loyola Marymount comes to the Pavilion tonight at 7 pm. After two nice wins in a row the Aggies lost a disappointing, close game to San Diego 58-54 on Saturday. The Ags were ice cold most on offense most of the game and only shot 31%. They will need more balance tonight in order to beat the Lions. LMU beat the Aggies last year 77-58 in Los Angeles and the all-time series is tied 1-1.

Live stream from Big West TV and the radio PxP call will be by Scott Marsh on Money 105.5 FM at 7 pm.

Go Ags!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I missed the USD game (I was going to stream it on-demand yesterday but decided not to put myself through that awful shooting display) so I'm looking forward to seeing if the shooting returns for Manjon and gang. Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    LMU 38 Ags 24 at the half. LMU shooting 75%.
  • MTBAggie
    Well, drained a 3 right before half. Only losing by 14 now. 38-24.
  • DrMike
    LMU is shooting 71%?!?!!
  • MTBAggie
    Wow, down 18 to down 5. Comeback!
  • MTBAggie
    Down 2, and headed to the line.
  • MTBAggie
    NOOOOOO WAAAAAYYYY!!!
  • DrMike
    What a comeback, what a finish
  • quadshock
    Oh man ESPN top 10?
  • DrMike
    Finished with a 18-4 run to win a thriller!
  • eastbayaggie
    I'm glad I stopped paying attention at the half. If I did watch the second half live, there would have been a butterfly effect, and UCD would have lost tremendously. ;)

I'm currently watching the replay starting at the half. :)
  • Oldbanduhalum
    What a fantastic finish. The last shot, or course was amazing but the comeback was just so exciting. I’m still shaking!!!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Well that was one for the Aggie ages! It was a pretty small crowd. Too bad the students were gone. This would have been a great one for them to have seen. It was fantastic to see Joe hit the shot of his life and one of the great buzzer beaters ever in Aggie history. This was a much needed win for the Aggies.

We were totally out of sync in the first half and LMU was shooting lights out but this team just kept grinding away and won it primarily on their defense in the second half. We forced 19 TO's and Gonzalez got hot and helped us cut into the lead. Koehler was great defending their bigs in the paint and he drained some critical FT's. Unfortunately, Manjon's shooting struggles continued. He needs a few shots to fall to get his confidence back.

Fun night in the Pavilion. Now, if we could upset San Francisco on Saturday...
  • eastbayaggie
    Nobody's going to put up the twitter link?

• eastbayaggie
    It almost looks like as if Kennedy Koehler reacted early and Mooney reacted a tad late.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I noticed that too. Joe was just stunned and Koehler could see that the shot was going to be good as the ball descended. It was fun watching Joe running away and getting caught by the celebration mob.
  • SoCalAggie
    Where is the replay of the game?
  • DrMike
    Scott Marsh had the video with his audio posted on his facebook page. that's really fun.

i was at my granddaughter's christmas dance performance and didn't get home until the 2nd half when we were down 18. i was following via live stats and watching the lead whittle down to 10, 8...3...1...lead! then they score with 3 to go -> daggers! pretty excited when i saw the last update with the win (ESPN initially showed it as a 1-point loss, and our live stats didn't go 'final' for several minutes which made me worry there was a review). heck of a comeback. Mooney's shot was reminiscent of the TJ Shorts bomb v Long Beach. that one was more meaningful, but this one after the epic comeback and lost lead made it almost as memorable! something to build on.

I'm sure we'll get Manjon back to his game. Teams have seen him play now, so maybe the defense is taking away some of his strengths. young kid (he was playing against Antioch High this time last year!) with some good guard mentors to get him back on track.

i noticed no Printup the last two games. he played v NIU, and did some good things. wonder what is up there.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Good question about Printup. He was suited up and went through warm-ups last night with no obvious injury. It was also interesting last night that they went to Adebayo early and left Fuller on the bench for all but a few minutes (due mostly to Adebayo's foul trouble). Adebayo is a tough defender who guarded just about every one on the court last night so it was probably just a match up issue. This early season experience is really going to help his development. Also of note was no Gerhke (not even in street clothes on the bench). He got double digit minutes against Cal and Utah but nothing since.
  • MTBAggie
    Funny story, I'm wrapping up my son's 7th grade bball practice tonight and the next team is coming in. There were two brothers that must have been home from college to help coach, and one of them was wearing a UCD sweatshirt. "Did you see that game last night?!?" Blank sweatshirt brother says, "We saw the highlights. I go to LMU..."
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hahaha,..funny story....
  • MTBAggie
    Next up, USF. I'll be there with all of my USF family and cheering louder than all of them combined :-)
  • agalum
    Mooney, kcra super star of the week. He's been all over the local news, cant find a link for the kcra story.
  • nfehT
    Sad to see what has happened to attendance through the years. Even in the NCAC double header days, during winter break the women’s game had a better gate than this. Time to recognize that the limitation isn’t the opposition or the venue, but rather the university and the town.
  • AggieOutcast
    I have to admit the attendance is a problem. The Sacramento region has never been great at supporting its college teams. It's always been Kings this, Kings that (for the record, I am a Kings fan, but I wish there was more to the local sports scene than just a team with the NBA's longest playoff drought). :brow: Of course, Sac State belongs in Division II with Chico, Humboldt, Sonoma State, etc. :yawn: Speaking for UC Davis, I don't have an easy answer. They have the facilities to draw people in, yet there seems to be too many competing interests, whether it's the town's inviting atmosphere (parks and restaurants, to name a few), students being more concerned about their studies, not being a Power 5 program like Cal or Stanford (I'm afraid even those two take a backseat to the Bay Area's pro teams). :rage: It would be great if there was more passion for Aggie sports, but just like everything not gray and purple around these parts, It's difficult to pinpoint what the athletic program has to do to develop an engaged fan base.
  • agalum

Athletics recently did a survey on this issue. Hopefully they share their findings.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    The game against LMU made Bad Beats last night on SVP SportsCenter (week late). Pretty good segment, except for the cohost “Stanford” Steve saying Davis is not a good place. Haven’t seen the clip online yet.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!