• AggieFinn

I laughed at the guy who suggested the motivation for the beatdown by the Aggies stemmed from the Cal Poly head coach having a sexual experience with the UC Davis head coach's mother.
  • CA Forever
    Tompkins 86 yard TD scramble makes the Sports Center Top 10

• AggieFinn
    Wow, nice mention for Tompkins! Must say though, that was some piss poor tackling by Poly on that play.
  • movielover
    Longest QB run in Aggie history?
  • CA Forever
    This is the list of longest runs in UC Davis history. I am not familiar with the players from the 1940s and 1950s so I don't know their positions, but safe to say it was certainly one of if not the longest by a QB.

Jim Wilson...........................................94t................Southern Oregon.................................... 1953
    Joe Trombetta......................................90t ...............WESTERN WASHINGTON............................2007
    Shola Adeyemo.....................................90t ...............Saint Mary’s.......................................... 1990
    Manusamoa Luuga................................90t ...............Southern Oregon....................................2016
    Matt Massari .......................................89t ...............Abilene Christian ...................................2002
    Kale Turner ..........................................88t ...............at Eastern Washington............................2007
    Lou Hausmann......................................87 ................Cal Ramblers......................................... 1953
    Ken Kuykendall .....................................86................ Humboldt State......................................1949
    Shola Adeyemo.....................................85................Chico State........................................... 1990
    Preston Jackson....................................84................. Humboldt State..................................... 1992
    Lonnie Cagle ........................................83................Cal Ramblers......................................... 1956
    Charles Richards ................................... 79................. UC Santa Barbara................................... 1940
    Preston Jackson.................................... 77t................Chico State........................................... 1993
    Rick Hamilton....................................... 77................. Nevada.................................................1973
    ULONZO GILLIAM, Jr............................75................Portland State ...................................2019
    John Nedderman................................... 75.................San Francisco State.................................1947
    Jerold Ligons........................................ 75.................Cal State Northridge................................1984
  • movielover
    Ags move up to at least #17.
  • Zander
    Was that Manu Luuga run the one he did on his first snap as a freshman?
  • CA Forever
    Nah Luuga was a senior in '16 I believe
  • Zander
    Oh I should have looked at the right hand column lol

I think you're right, he was a year behind me and didn't redshirt IIRC, and I remember reading about him in grad school
  • movielover
    I thought Poly did better w QB #2, but unsure how much of that had to do w us playing our 2s and 3s.

FWIW, the Cal Poly QB was a leader in BLM protests last summer which blocked the freeway, and demanded money from businesses.
  • CA Forever
    Neither Hamler or Raquet are a long term solution for Poly in my honest opinion. That being said, I think one of their biggest problems on offense is the line. Our defense was in on both quarterbacks consistently. Tough to get any kind of pass game going when you're always on your heels. They allowed 7 sacks versus SUU as well... 16 over 2 games.

The kid's politics doesn't have anything to do with what happens on the field. You can focus on it if you want, but it seems unnecessary to bring it up.
  • movielover
    Agreed. They need work on both lines, and reveals our depth. But tough to gauge how solid we are against a rebuilding program.

How many of these new defensive recruits were inked by Coach Tucker?
  • Riveraggie
    Poly’s line had some injuries last week.
    This game reminds me of when we scored 50 against Portland State in the seventies. Portland State had a new coach, moving up from high school, Mouse Davis with the run and shoot offense. We blew them out at home, but then they got their program in gear started sending QBs to the pros, and won the next four times we played them if I recall correctly
  • BlueGoldAg
    Aggies move up to #6 in the Massey Ratings:

m1hf7pir56eupnpr.png

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fcs/ratings
  • movielover
    Bob Dunning adds that the Ags accomplished this coming off of finals week. And Hawk gave the young men some time off to study. :cheer:
  • NCagalum
    Anyway to rewatch this game?

Should be available in big sky app or big sky website in a day or so. I missed from mid-second half to end as my wife and I were ringing bells at church while Poly was getting their bell rung - so I will look for it too, although not much of a game to watch other than to see a bunch of players.
  • 69aggie
    The eternal question: are we that good or are they that bad?
  • CA Forever
    I think our competitiveness with Weber probably indicates a combination of both. I think we are decently good and Cal Poly is pretty dang bad.
  • Riveraggie
    We have more healthy experienced depth than ever. I think it is unappreciated how lack of depth contributed to our 2019 disappointments. Guys got health and we added some great freshmen.
    With the number of weapons we have on offense, the opposing defense really has to have their act together. They can’t have anyone who can’t cover and they can’t focus on just stopping the run or the pass. Cal Poly not sound enough to deal with us. I think a team has to be more physical than we are to beat us, and that’s getting harder.
  • NCagalum
    replay is up now.
  • movielover
    While Maier was great, he wasn't mobile and I can't recall him throwing the deep ball, so everything was happening in a 20 yd area, with modest yards after catch.

Rodriguez had the 35 yd TD toss that was really about a 50 yd throw, and so far has proven very mobile.
  • 69aggie
    NC how do I get it?
  • SloStang
    Go to Big Sky TV and click on the previous tab. Then click on the game.
  • abridge
    I hope the TV folks manage to actually do a professional job with the Ags' next home game. The awful color and constant error correction was - well - bush-league. I'm glad we're on real broadcast TV, I just wish we had put out a real broadcast TV signal.
  • fugawe09
    yeah, the camera work was subpar but I’m glad the feed wasn’t behind a paywall. It’s easily six figures to get a real production setup, probably not in the CW31 budget when Pizza Guys is your main advertiser. Although I get a chuckle remembering when Aggie Stadium opened, the AD made a point of noting that it was “equipped for multiple national tv feeds”, though oddly turned out to not be equipped with a single working ref mic.
  • agalum

Talking about Pizza guys how do we get our free pizza, lol?
  • fugawe09
    probably with a ticket stub :roll:. But free might be paying too much at Pizza Guys.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Show this to get your free small pizza...

• tokyoag
    We made Sportcenter top 10 at #7.
    https://youtu.be/06_mz86vD98

This is different from the clip posted by BSC.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!