• SochorField
    this is a valid point. UG turned so many dump-offs into 10-20 yard gains.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Really good ball game between two pretty evenly matched teams. MS just scored again and is now up 35-24 with 8:26 to go.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Montana State 42 Sac State 30 - Final.

This game was closer than the final score. Both teams are impressive and have a lot of talent at the skill positions and both teams have good depth. Sac had some injuries at RB and their 3rd string RB came in and immediately scored on a 60+ yard TD.

Montana State leads the FCS in rushing and they have 4 players that regularly run the ball. Tommy Mellot is a very good dual threat QB and they alternate him at QB with Chambers who is 6'3 and 221 pounds. Chambers usually runs the ball but he can toss it also.

Sac's QB, Kaiden Bennett, is an elusive, dual threat QB who can extend plays and wait for his receivers to get open. Their #1 RB, Marcus Fulcher, is a beast. He left the game early due to an injury but Sac is deep at RB and Elijah Tau-Tolliver came in and had 8 carries for 100 yards.

I don't think we'd match up well with either of these teams at this point.
  • agalum
    Yes, both MSU amd SLAC are solid. SLACs 3rd string RB was impressive. I don’t see us beating either team, even with a healthy LL.
  • MarktheBronco
    Week 08 Idaho State vs Portland State

• MarktheBronco
    Week 08 Montana State vs Sacramento State

• NCagalum
    I think it is best that all teams above the Ags (except Montana state) lose. Montana State has a lock and are clearly the best big Sky team. If Sac had won, then even a Aggie perfect run including a win over Sac would have Sac In the playoffs. They have a win over a power 5 team and would have had a win over a top-ranked team in Montana State.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Big Sky Schedule for Week 9:

Northern Colorado @ Montana - 12 noon
    Aggies @ Northern Arizona - 1 pm
    Montana State @ Idaho - 1 pm
    EWU @ Portland State - 1 pm
    Idaho State @ Sac State 6 pm
  • BlueGoldAg
    Montana 26 Northern Colorado 0 at the end of the 3rd
    Portland State 20 EWU 13 at the half
    Idaho 10 Montana State 0 at the half
  • BlueGoldAg
    Idaho 24 Montana State 21 - Final
    Montana 40 Northern Colorado 0 - Final
    Portland State 47 EWU 35 - Final
  • NCagalum
    Big win for Idaho.
    I hope Idaho State beats Sac.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Sac State 51 Idaho State 16 - Final
  • MarktheBronco
    2023 Week 09 UC Davis vs Northern Arizona

• BlueGoldAg
    Big Sky Schedule for Week 10:

NAU @ Montana State - 12 noon
    Idaho @ Northern Colorado - 12 noon
    Cal Poly @ EWU - 1 pm
    Weber State @ Idaho State - 3 pm
    Portland State @ the Aggies - 4 pm
    Sac State @ Montana - 5 pm
  • BlueGoldAg
    EWU 48 Poly 13 - Final
    Montana Stare 45 NAU 21 - Final
    Idaho 27 Northern Colorado 13 - Final
  • movielover

Griz 21 (7-1) - Sac 7 (6-2) - 4th quarter, 12 minutes left
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Sac just gave up another TD to Montana.
  • NCagalum
    game sealer. Montana simply was not good at the beginning of the season but have really improved. I still think Montana State will beat them, especially if they use Chambers more. A mystery to me why they don’t get him in more.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I agree that MSU is the best team in the Sky.
    Sac State, now having lost to the top three teams in the conference has no chance to win it based on tie breakers? Is that right? They still are in if they beat CP, considering they would have 7 wins and one at Stanford. But this likely kills their chance at national seed?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Weber State 33 Idaho State 21 - Final
    Montana 34 Sac 7 - Final
  • AggieFinn
    Man, letting EWU and Montana off the hook, at home, is haunting this season. Can Hawk win out?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Big Sky Schedule for Week 11:

EWU @ Montana State - 12 noon
    Idaho @ Weber State - 12 noon
    Northern Colorado @ NAU - 12 noon
    Cal Poly @ Sac State - 2 pm
    Aggies @ Idaho State - 3 pm
    Montana @ Portland State 6 pm
  • NCagalum
    A bigger picture for the Aggies is jostling for playoff selection. I don’t think that the committee will select more than 4 big sky teams. Last year they only selected 5 to let Montana in - we know how that goes - and they won’t have to prop the door open for their favorite son this year as their record will be better.

So, in my view the Aggies are battling (indirectly this week and directly the last week) Sac State for that 4th spot. Sac State is very unlikely to lose to Poly, so the best realistic situation the Ags could end up with is 7-4 winning out to include a win over Sac which would be the same overall record as Sac, and
    Hopefully a win over Sac as the final game would serve as a “tiebreaker”. Also Montana just trounced Sac and the Ags held it close. Of course the committee does whacky things and it gets political. Eastern has 5 losses and has to play Montana State so there is no way they would bump anybody.

All of this goes without saying that the Ags better take care of business in a Pocatello if they want the final game to have its potential meaning.
  • MarktheBronco
    NCAAF 2023 Week 10 Portland State vs UC Davis

• SochorField
    Something interesting to think about (saw this over on the Any Given Saturday board):

What if Davis and Sac both finish 7-4 (if Davis beats ISU and Sac, and Sac beats Cal Poly and loses to Davis). Who gets in? Davis has the head-to-head victory advantage, but Sac has the Stanford win and weeks in the top-10.

Big Sky probably gets 4 teams this year, so:
    Montana (locked)
    Montana State (likely)
    Idaho (likely)
    Sac/Davis

My personal opinion is, if they take 4 its Sac since they were highly ranked all season.
  • AggieFinn
    If I were the committee, I'd take 5 from the Big Sky
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!