• DrMike
    I’d recommend listening to the countdown to kickoff podcast that Scott Marsh does. Guest is Demario Warren. Good insights about SUU, as well as some good conversation about his Aggie connection
  • agalum
    Cant drop this game. Nothing new. Keep penalties down, don't turn the ball over, and get yards on the ground.
  • MTBAggie
    What a great interview!
  • AggieOutcast
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another strong effort by the Aggies. I'll be getting home in time to watch the game on my computer after I attend the Kings' Fan Fest in the afternoon. Every game is important after losing three straight, so if UC Davis executes and doesn't let their guard down, then that should get them another win and some added confidence for the coming weeks. GO AGS!
  • BlueGoldAg
    My wife and I will be hiking in the White Mountains of New Hampshire today...awesome fall colors right now! We'll be home in time to hopefully watch the game on Pluto TV since it starts at 8 pm EST.

Anyone have any insight into our injury situation? It seems like we have been missing a few key players for several games recently.

We need a W in every game from here on out. I hope that starts tonight. Go Ags!
  • AggieFinn

The injury situation is a bit clouded. Which, for one, I am glad we aren't as scrutinized and studied like the NFL. Next man up, always.

Rise and shine Aggies, the team either evens the year out today, or we take a step back out of playoff contention, my opinion.
  • movielover
    A couple of WRs banged up, and Tehran Thomas. Young WRs Babbs and Ornelas were impressive last week, Babbs dynamic, Ornelas tough. WR s position we're supposed to be deep.

Can you imagine if we added Aaron Moore to this group?!
  • AggieFinn

The game today will come down to blocking and tackling.
  • Riveraggie
    Which wide receivers are banged up? If anyone can add some info it would be great. Haven’t seen Kraft for a few games, but he’s still on the game notes depth chart. Crawford was out last game and not on this games depth chart. Harrell hasn’t had a big game for a while, but I think he’s been playing. Ornelas might have been injured last game took a big hit against ND as well. We’ll be ok if we have Harrell, Vaughan and Babb. We’ve got some other great recruits from this years class as well but they may not have much experience. What’s the story with our transfer from Nevada?
  • movielover
    6:35 Q1 - Ags up 12-0. Just missed a 2 pt conversion. Vaughn just scored on a short pass and 10 more yds or more after the catch. 12 play, 90 yard drive.
  • movielover
    SUU was moving well on the ground, getting chunks of yards, we finally stopped them. 47 yd FG fails. Still 12-0, Ags take over at the 30.
  • movielover
    RB Chris Hirota has had 3 carries for 19 yards! I believe his first action of the year. We've also run at least 3-4 plays to Niko Harris, former QB, now at WR. Roughly 8 WRs have caught passes. No Kraft or Crawford. Maier 10 of 16.
  • MTBAggie
    And no picture on Pluto.
  • movielover
    I've got Pluto. Yry again.

SUU had a 3 man front, so went went to Gilliam. Now, Vaughn got nailed, but the defender launched/ targeted him into him, disqualified, plus 2 personal fouls. Ball on the 4 for the Ags?
  • AggieFinn
    SUU looks mismanaged.

Warren may be fired.
  • MTBAggie
    refreshed, back in action.
  • movielover
    Gilliam walks in from the 4 yd line? Ags up 19-0.

Previous SUU meltdown. Vaughn caught a quick out for a short gain. The SUU #10, built, nailed Vaughn backwards, then flexed - staring at him. So he was penalized, as was a #22 or #24. On the review, they also called #10 for targeting. Three penalties on 1 play.

SUU killing themselves w penalties, now 7 for 70 yards. Ags 0 penalties. Way to go guys!

SUU doesn't look like 1 win talent. They can run the ball.
  • movielover
    Three penalties, 2 by our TE, slowed a possible 4th score. Color man loves Babb.
  • NCagalum
    Aggies look like Aggies of last year. Clicking on all cylinders. From what I’ve seen Gilliam running very well too. Babb really becoming a go-to guy.
  • NCagalum
    I should also note how well Maier is doing. I think he has taken some unfair criticism this year. SUU announcers are noting how well he is playing.
  • movielover
    He's playing well today. 18 of 25, 200 yards, 3 TDs. But 9 interceptions in 7 or so games hurts.

Our D looked caught off guard by 2 trick plays near the goal line... a RB coming in as QB (#14) for the keeper, and the irregular line / hike to an odd man on the extra point (called back). Good work by SUU.
  • movielover
    26-7 at the half. It would be nice to put this away, and play 2s and 3s in Q4.

Gilliam 16 carries, 85 yards. No carries by Hirota in Q2. Babb leading receiver with 5 catches for 62 yards, Preece 4 rec. for 64 yds. No sacks or picks.

5 first downs by penalty. We picked up r penalties the last few minutes of the half.
  • BlueGoldAg
    SUU shot themselves in the foot with all the penalties. We would not be up by 19 without all those penalties by the Thunderbirds.
  • NCagalum
    The drives I saw with penalties -Aggies look they were going to score regardless. Aggies last score came despite a couple of penalties on them - but yes SUU with a couple of really stupid penalties.
  • NCagalum
    Is Troy Spencer hurt too? Getting thin at running back.
  • quadshock
    Gilliam is hurt?
  • movielover
    Gilliam injured, has been out. Walked off on his own. Minor injury?

Hirota at RB, multiple carries. Nico Harris is at RB, scores on a pitch. Ags up 32-7, 3rd Qtr winding down. Good job by the offense, drive went 85 yards. Ags impressive 8 of 11 on 3rd down.
  • NCagalum
    Gilliam walked off under own power - but regardless I don’t think we’ll see him the remainder of the game with a lead like this.
  • NCagalum
    Harris looked good. Bigger and athletic looking.
  • movielover
    Amadi with a sack, 1st of the night.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!