Santa Barbara 76 Long Beach 74
    Riverside 84 Fullerton 74
    Irvine 82 Cal Poly 68

Current standings:

l8k3ay2d1r8p2ez4.png
  • Toke69
    An improbable evening.
  • eastbayaggie
    So how would you coach the next game since the next game is meaningless for seeding purposes?
  • cmt
    Anyone know the tiebreakers? On the women's side, UCR, CP and UCD are all 12-7 and one of the three will get stuck as the 5 seed and therefore have to play an extra game in the tournament. If it's H2H, UCD would lose a 3-way tiebreaker as they're 1-3. They'd also lose H2H straight up to Poly since Poly swept the season series. But I don't know what would happen if they finished tied with UCR since the two teams split the series.

Hopefully UCD wins this weekend and at least one of the other two loses to make that moot.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I would play to win just like any game we play for a couple of reasons:

1) We've locked up the #2 seed but the game is still meaningful for Long Beach and the other teams who can move up or down in the seeding depending upon the outcome. In all fairness to the teams still trying to move up, we need to play hard as normal. We don't want the reputation of simply being an "opportunist" who slacked off and ended up aiding some teams while hurting others.

2) Long Beach beat us at home and we might see them again in the tournament. So we want to beat them on the road and carry that momentum and confidence into the tournament. We don't want to have any doubt that we can not beat them in the tournament.

3) As the #2 seed, we have plenty of time to rest up and be ready to go so we don't need to take a day off against the Beach to save energy.

4) A win gives us great momentum and confidence that we're playing good basketball as we head into the tournament.
  • eastbayaggie
    I'm too lazy to look it up, but is Long Beach State the only team we haven't beaten this year in the Big West Conference?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yes. We've beaten every one else at least once. We lost to LB 78-74 at home on February 15th.

Here's our record against the BW teams this year so far:

Irvine 1-1
    San Diego 1-1
    Long Beach 0-1
    Hawai'i 1-1
    Santa Barbara 2-0
    Riverside 1-1
    CSUN 2-0
    Bakersfield 1-1
    Fullerton 2-0
    Cal Poly 2-0
  • BlueGoldAg
    2/09 Scores:

Aggies 88 Long Beach 78
    Riverside 81 Santa Barbara 64
    Irvine 81 Fullerton 71
    Hawai'i 74 Bakersfield 57
    San Diego 92 Cal Poly 87

Final Standings:

xtukn84aojtca8j8.png
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!